It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women belong in the kitchen, study finds.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Oh yeah!

This is my kinda study. It found that couples that share the housework are 50% more likely to have a divorce while marriages where the women know their place last longer.

Couples who share the housework are more likely to divorce, study finds

In what appears to be a slap in the face for gender equality, the report found the divorce rate among couples who shared housework equally was around 50 per cent higher than among those where the woman did most of the work.

“What we’ve seen is that sharing equal responsibility for work in the home doesn’t necessarily contribute to contentment,” said Thomas Hansen, co-author of the study entitled “Equality in the Home”.

The figures clearly show that “the more a man does in the home, the higher the divorce rate,” he went on.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
Heck yeah! Now I got an even better excuse to lay around on the couch all day while the wife does all the work around the house.

The study goes on to say that because of the "modern couple's" "modern attitudes", they are less likely to see marriage as a sacred institution and it is more likely that the woman will be financially independent enough to leave the marriage.

They do point out though that women who do the housework are just as happy than their "modern" peers and do so because they want to, not because the man demands it.

“Modern couples are just that, both in the way they divide up the chores and in their perception of marriage” as being less sacred, Mr Hansen said. “In these modern couples, women also have a high level of education and a well-paid job, which makes them less dependent on their spouse financially.

They can manage much easier if they divorce,” he said.

But when it comes to housework, women in Norway still account for most of it in seven out of 10 couples. The study emphasised women who did most of the chores did so of their own volition and were found to be as “happy” those in “modern” couples.

So you heard it ladies; if you want your marriage to last, get back in the kitchen where you belong and make your hubby a sammich while you're there.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I have three words for this thread.

Can Of Worms

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Too funny.

I just spent the first hour at the office listening to all the female employees complain about how it isnt the way it "used to be" where they can stay at home with the kids and their husbands can go to work.

Im convinced none of these people really know what they want with their lives. That they are making their choices based on external influences and factors rather than internal ones.

Like some sort of adult peer pressure.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
First off, Article does not say directly the women belong in kitchen.
Second, does this not apply to either of the genders, why not the man do most of the house work?

Just saying...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

Originally posted by Rubicant13

Wow. Quite the sexist thread and I do not agree. I see this thread getting a lot of flack and possibly eventually 404'd. Call it a possible and probable prediction.

I see your prediction and place $100 on it

Little too rich for my blood. I just think the thread is a little too sexist. I have worked with women in my line of work and some have outworked a lot of the men.
edit on 28-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Matter of relevance:

Couples where one person does all the housework are not free households(and when I say one person, it's obviously the woman). Either the woman is being forced through social hierarchy(religion/culture), or she is being physically forced to do all the work. Only within a fraction of all the households the woman voluntarily does all the work.

Moreover, women who are happy doing all the chores, they decided they would become happy by doing the chores(to prove one thing or the other), they never actually became happy by doing the chores.

What about men who do the chores and take care of the kids and women go work? There are plenty of couples like that. I don't think that's very healthy...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Ha! I'd like to see them tell me ex's that.

They done the cooking, and they we're pretty well house trained.

I'm hopeless at playing the role of a "traditional" woman.

I've always said, I'm so scared of having a child, the father would have to agree to being the domestic whilst I were the bread winner.

Stick me in a pub with a pint in front of the footy any day.
Give me a hammer and screw driver, and I'll do DIY all day.
If your bloody useless in bed, just lie down and ill sort it out!

Ahh... I think I just realised why my relationships dont last long! aha!
edit on 28-9-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Its all done in good fun.

I love having discussions on wild studies like this one. You know what they say about people who believe everything that studies tell them, don't you?

Besides, I'm not worried; I wore my fireproof underwear this morning.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

This is the main reason for divorce,

it is more likely that the woman will be financially independent enough to leave the marriage.

among having multiple partners before marriage, still having feeling for others, unfaithfulness etc..

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Well, I'm not proud. I have always kept the inside of the home (including all cooking) and hubby takes care of all the outside stuff. (including bbqing). I must admit there have been times when his garage was less messy than inside the house.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

Wow. Quite the sexist thread and I do not agree. I see this thread getting a lot of flack and possibly eventually 404'd. Call it a possible and probable prediction.

I see your prediction and place $100 on it

Little too rich for my blood. I just think the thread is a little too sexist. I have worked with women in my line of work and some have outworked a lot of the men.
edit on 28-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

Silly Rubicant, dont you know your money is safest on a sure thing?
Agreed, ive worked with women many times that hold a flamethrower to a mans candle
I dunno if that sounds clear or not. still pumping the go juice into myself.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
that's funny, because my parents got divorced because my dad wouldn't do enough around the house. well it was a part of the problem anyway. there were other issue but, we don't need to get into that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
Study this, study that. ATS has become a place where the gullible people exchange obviously incorrect info.

What country was studied?
What age groups were studied most?
What are the other factors that contributed to the divorce?

We haven't reached the point where marriage is ended because a woman is upset she doesn't get more house work.

link   
my wife has never worked - been married since 76 - and she hasn't left me yet.
but she always asks for shoes for Christmas.
edit on 28-9-2012 by jibajaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This is awesome

Going be showing this to the better half later.....finally the proof all men need.

But no doubt you are going get a load of womens lib going mental over this thread with the occasional over sensitive boardline gay man screaming...

" oh women are equal, even better than men even, this thread is a disgrace, me and my wife (imaginary) share everything"

lalala and so on

I hope this doesnt happen cause its only a bit of harmless fun and it just means women are better cleaners than men :-)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Mr Fort, how brave you are for posting this

1. I am an exception to the rule - OCD makes it so, however:
2. I am fortunate enough that my better half does not need to work so consequently:
3. because i am away for 4+ weeks at a time, these choirs are part of her daily routine.

When I attempt to help out at home, I am shot down and told to butt out - so I give foot rubs instead.

God bless my wife (and beer)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

But when it comes to housework, women in Norway still account for most of it in seven out of 10 couples. The study emphasized women who did most of the chores did so of their own volition and were found to be as “happy” those in “modern” couples.

WTH is it about Norway that keeps popping up up in things I read, influencing how I reference things?

Anyway, I could go on and on about this but I won't. The bottom line is this: Women belong where they're comfortable. When they're comfortable, they're happy. When they're happy, men are more happy.

There, study that.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Of Course, people should not assume Both male and Female can do equal work at everything, and have equal interest.

For example, Men would have their own workplace cleaner(like garage or their workshop) than their rooms, Women better at keeping things in the house clean.

Men's room is unorganized and cluttered, but their car's detail both inside and outside is amazing, while women have their room clean, their car atrocious.

I see chocolate wrappers, chips, tissue papers, hair clips... etc in my sisters car, i would freak if i see a single potato chip in my car... Its fried.. oil... my leather!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join