It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTH PEOPLE? seriously??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Sorry to hear of the troubles your family has experienced.

I personally do not trust that regime. I admit, I am ignorant, but there is something about a theocracy that I have a distaste for...it seems to me to be a modern day equivalent of the Spanish Inquisition.

I think some of the posters are so against another war, they will say and do anything to avoid it...even if it sounds like they are supporting a thug. I am against another war myself. Not for some moral highground reason, but because we cannot afford it right now. My personal opinion is that the USA needs to mind it's own business in many-many things.

However, that is just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tmpxvx

What is wrong with people and what are these recent topics about ahmadinejad? As a Persian (iranian citizen) I'm shocked. DId you guys know what he did before he was the "president" of Iran? Do you guys know what happens to people in Iran who do not agree with the regime or question the regime? Do you know how many people have been murdered and tortured to death because of their personal beliefs or religious views? My mothers cousin was executed.

I've been telling them for days. These people that post in defense of Ahmaginejad are just useful idiots for the Islamic regime. When, after the Islamic regime is gone, there are consequences to face, they will face consequences. My bet is that it will eat them up inside - trying to be good and truth finding freedom lovers - yet speaking in defense of a theocratic dictator's lapdog and pushing aside the opinions of people who went through many unspeakable moments, because of their self-infatuation and disillusionment.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tmpxvx
What is wrong with people and what are these recent topics about ahmadinejad? As a Persian (iranian citizen) I'm shocked. DId you guys know what he did before he was the "president" of Iran? Do you guys know what happens to people in Iran who do not agree with the regime or question the regime? Do you know how many people have been murdered and tortured to death because of their personal beliefs or religious views? My mothers cousin was executed.

Please
edit on 9/28/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

How are we to know what you are saying is even true? You have provided no proof on any of these claims. How do we know your mothers cousin wasn't some kind of homicidal maniac? Your claims are useless without proof.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Please

Liberals have a thing for Islamic extremest dictators. Like I said in another thread, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Republicans are more of any enemy to these people than a man who hangs people for being gay or women for getting raped. Their coo-coo for coco pops.

Unlike the dumbed down GOP followers the liberals want proof and facts. We have been at war for ten years now because of delusions dreamed up by the GOP. And seeing the racism that has been coming out of the GOP lately to looks like they would have no problem with hanging a few people themselves.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Sounds familiar , most of them wait until they are president before doing all the evil stuff.

More like that's how they get the position...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Please

How are we to know what you are saying is even true? You have provided no proof on any of these claims. How do we know your mothers cousin wasn't some kind of homicidal maniac? Your claims are useless without proof.

People like you will never understand how the real world works.

I know people, personally, who have been shot. Who have been tortured in jails. Who have spent years in prison for an OPINION or walking in student protests. And that's just me. Imagine what those people themselves know. How many of their friends were killed or are still in jail?

But let me guess; you want names? Addresses? Phone numbers? Social security numbers?
Forgetting that people are STILL in danger(after all, you live safe and secure, you cannot begin to fathom how reality really works - you probably never experienced oppression in any form or shape). For that reason alone I cannot consider you to be a person worth listening to.

You take propaganda links from Saudi Arabia and Iran serious; but the actual horrific experiences are not good enough - they seem fake to you. What a joke you are.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClicheCalvicade
reply to post by tmpxvx

I've been telling them for days. These people that post in defense of Ahmaginejad are just useful idiots for the Islamic regime. When, after the Islamic regime is gone, there are consequences to face, they will face consequences. My bet is that it will eat them up inside - trying to be good and truth finding freedom lovers - yet speaking in defense of a theocratic dictator's lapdog and pushing aside the opinions of people who went through many unspeakable moments, because of their self-infatuation and disillusionment.

They are just as much useful idiots for Islamic regime as you are a useful idiot for the Zionist. Just because they want proof and facts shows they are not idiots unlike you who needs no proof.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

And if you had any kind of decent education you would know how to value sources and how to evaluate the opinions of writers in context to the current situation.

I have a HND in microcomputer engineering and sciences, that does not qualify me as a professional in human behaviour, nor does it help me to understand what is going through the writers mind, or their agenda.

No you are not. Stop kidding yourself. You are a defender of dictators and liars as I can see so far. Why else would you choose to speak in defense of Ahmaginejad if you don't know the first thing about the region, it's politics, the cultures, the different people? You don't know ANYTHING.

Hence why I am asking questions, if you don't know the answer, you ask a question in hope of gaining the answer and a better insight.

If this was a court of law, it would be innocent until proven guilty, I am not defending Ahmadinejad as such, I am merely presenting what I know, and seeking further information on the man.

You're not king of the world. You don't need to have an opinion or form one if you don't have the slightest clue to what's going on. "Better to have everyone think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it!"

My opinion is purely based on the evidence before me, that opinion is subject to change as new facts are presented. I do not feel like an idiot in my pursuit of knowledge.

I'm an assertive and straight to the point type of guy, you perceive anger because of indecision on your own behalf as you obviously do not know what to believe.

No no, definitely some anger issues there, I have read some of your responses in other threads and you definitely need a good old hug.

Listen; I don't care about any of that. I care about the people who are being cheated out of their voice by a dictator's lapdog like Ahmaginejad. You don't care about those people, so kindly keep your ignorant opinion to yourself.

You should care, it's the sites rules and we all have to adhere to them, like it or not, it's called respect for the site owners wishes. If you feel Ahmadinejad is such a bad person, why don't you tell us in a civilised manner, we will listen (or most of us will anyway), you won't get anywhere firing insults and anger all over the place.

And yes I do care, I care about anyone worth caring about, whether it's people being persecuted in other countries, people here on ATS who can have a civil discussion or friends and family. Too much hate in this world, I'm certainly not going to add to it.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Please

People like you will never understand how the real world works.

I know people, personally, who have been shot. Who have been tortured in jails. Who have spent years in prison for an OPINION or walking in student protests. And that's just me. Imagine what those people themselves know. How many of their friends were killed or are still in jail?

But let me guess; you want names? Addresses? Phone numbers? Social security numbers?
Forgetting that people are STILL in danger(after all, you live safe and secure, you cannot begin to fathom how reality really works - you probably never experienced oppression in any form or shape). For that reason alone I cannot consider you to be a person worth listening to.

You take propaganda links from Saudi Arabia and Iran serious; but the actual horrific experiences are not good enough - they seem fake to you. What a joke you are.

Yes I do want names and other facts because if you knew how the world works them you would also want proof. So far you have been nothing but a useful little idiot for TPTB. Enjoy your closed off little world a delusion.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Then you see Ahmadinejad speak on talk shows, or at the UN, and he comes across as someone who (despite his obsession with getting rid of Israel in favour of Palestine) wouldn't be out of place here on ATS.

He talks about conspiracy, corruption, world peace, everyone getting along and respecting each others traditions.

Just not his own. Just the same as the US talks about his crimes but forgets to mentioned they launched a drone attack the same morning and "oopsy'd" up some collateral damage.

The problem arises when you take any one of them at face value...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I have a HND in microcomputer engineering and sciences, that does not qualify me as a professional in human behaviour, nor does it help me to understand what is going through the writers mind, or their agenda.

If you were never taught how to assess sources in history class, then teach it to yourself or consider your opinion to be lacking in every aspect of your life except for your area of expertise. It doesn't take much, only relativism.

If this was a court of law, it would be innocent until proven guilty, I am not defending Ahmadinejad as such, I am merely presenting what I know, and seeking further information on the man.

Not if it was a court of "law" in Iran. Do you understand what I'm saying with that?

My opinion is purely based on the evidence before me, that opinion is subject to change as new facts are presented. I do not feel like an idiot in my pursuit of knowledge.

You do not know how to assess sources for reliability. How can you, for Christ's sake, then claim to be basing your opinion on "EVIDENCE"(it's not evidence) and being in pursuit of knowledge.

No no, definitely some anger issues there, I have read some of your responses in other threads and you definitely need a good old hug.

I'm pretty certain you are not any good at reading emotions in real life, let alone through text. Safe to say, this is another ignorant utterance made by you.

You should care, it's the sites rules and we all have to adhere to them, like it or not, it's called respect for the site owners wishes.

Here in the real world, people don't care for that stuff when matters are pressing. If the owners were worth anything they would understand this as well. You do realize what you did there right?

If you feel Ahmadinejad is such a bad person, why don't you tell us in a civilised manner, we will listen (or most of us will anyway), you won't get anywhere firing insults and anger all over the place.

Are you guys paying me? No? Am I a teacher in a classroom? No? Then go do the research for yourself, OR, remain an ignorant idiot that does or does not share with the rest of the world - his or her ignorance.

And yes I do care, I care about anyone worth caring about, whether it's people being persecuted in other countries, people here on ATS who can have a civil discussion or friends and family. Too much hate in this world, I'm certainly not going to add to it.

Then keep your tongue before you allow yourself to speak in favor of dictators and oppressors.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ClicheCalvicade

Can i ask you is calling people ignorant a favourite past time of yours?
I think you would make a good dictator.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

You really are prying for a comment aren't you? I would make a good dictator?
Nice argument there! That should show me! That totally makes it alright for some idiots to speak in defense of a dictator!

Sir, would you like to be nominated for president of the world? Your debating skills are marvelous and your self-infatuation egotestical.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ClicheCalvicade

You never answered the question.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
In terms of what he did before he became President of Iran...I recall watching interviews when he first came to public notice from American Embassy Hostages from 1979 who said with absolute certainty he was among the 'staff' they had dealing with them and in a leadership role of some kind at the time. I'd say that fits pretty well if true.

It still doesn't do much to stop the fact that war will mean millions of Iranians dead along with Millions in another area of the region most likely. I'd much prefer overt, covert and general support of the Iranian opposition groups such as they TRIED to get Obama's help and support in their own version of the Arab Spring.

Everyone does recall the Iranians tried once right? I guess it wasn't the right time..or they weren't the right type or something because it's a terrible thing to think it all could have been over awhile back by just helping nature take it's course when it had already started and tried. It reminded me of what George H.W. Bush did in giving implied support to the Shia of Southern Iraq in 1991....and then ordered our people to stand down and do nothing to intervene as Saddam tore them up.

History repeats...and this time might lead to a World War by missed opportunities, IMO/
edit on 28-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Reminder

Please debate the topic of the thread and not each-other
Remember We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join