It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything thing about the universe and/or existence

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So you admit you do not know the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That's because today's society is more focused on external stimuli than ever, due to our mastery of the material world.

I would adjust that a little. Todays people are more focused on self. And are caught up in the material world more than ever. We haven't mastered stuff, we are enslaved to it.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Do you not see your contradictions? And I mean no ill will...just dont like to see threads like this that keep skirting around the real questions that are asked...

You say the purpose is for 'it' to grow....to 'be' perfectly, always...and a need to grow, to improve...are two different things...and a cycle does not imply to grow....a cycle does imply a starting and a finishing and then back again..like the seasons, they cycle, but life, is Always being, there has never been nothing, there has always been something, perfectly being...without a need of anything besides being.

The flower and its due course in the cycle of the seasons is perfect as is...it is simply being an expression of life.

Are 'being' and consciousness one in the same? The flower seems perfectly content being an expression of life without there being a consciousness to know it is. I know many humans have accepted this conviction that there must be consciousness along with 'all that is' god. The vastness of the universe seems to express life perfectly without any need for an awareness of it.

Yes, when humans express..most often emotions play a part...but is this the case with all of life? When the earth flows with the expressions of life as it is full of 'being'...does the earth use emotions as that expression? When the wind and fire are perfectly being a part of 'life' whose emotions are they being of an expression as?

And I believe you skirted around the issue of life after death...if I am to be learning, growing, and rejoining the all that is...I believe then very much it should be of my concern to be working in this life towards what will help me grow in the next. So again, what am I growing/learning towards if I am all that is already?

And to be clear..I never said to rid of the ego..I brought it up because if we can discern between the ideas our ego may birth and the difference from that and the nature of the ideas our spirit may birth...then we can pull ourselves out of the many convictions we place ourselves to/in/of....beliefs. Im not sure you understand what the ego can do...you mentioned doing what pleases 'me' to rid of the ego...when in fact, that is exactly what the ego loves to do...it is the part of ourselves that wants to fulfill the desires of self when the nature of spirit...will long to harmonize life/being and is not concerned more about what makes the 'self' happy and excited. Which leads to why we should not just rid of the ego nor is it possible...but we can mature the ego, with getting to know the nature of spirit that fills our being and the being of all life as a one, not as a many. You say the purpose is to grow...and move towards something....but then you say...just be and be happy. I know your aware of the confusion. So if it does not work through growing and learning and doing good things....then how does 'it' work.

The ego (illusion that you are something separate from the rest of life) can cause certain vibrations within you and the spirit (the actuality that nothing is separate and you are connected to all life) can cause certain vibrations within you as well. Depending on if you live more for the self of you (the illusion) or more for the all of you (life as one expression) will depend on the vibration within you. It may make a person happy to steal from another because they have gained something they didnt have to work for....would you advise them to keep doing what makes them happy and excited?

i know it seems egocentric to think of a life after death. but it doesn't make sense of 'life' to just disappear. the soul has to go somewhere it cannot 'die'. the universe wastes nothing. it is at equilibrium with its self and will always be as its 'design' is so simple and smooth flowing if it were any more complex it would cave in on itself.

OK...lets say I have just died...has life disappeared? It would actually be egotistical to think it has. Life will go on...and me being or not being has nothing to do with life going on. We are all of spirit/one/expressing...during our little time of being of this expression...we all have different vibrations, and that, is our soul...nothing more or less. The soul is the spirit, in expression, through life. The energy/life goes on yes, feeding the motion of 'being'...but not in the way many humans long to wish for, as in a separate life that goes on and on, as individuals...for we never really are individuals...we are just a part of life being expression, of spirit, which does go on to be a part of the whole in another way...feeding the whole/one expression.

One can recognize what effects the cause of the ego creates...but being attached to the idea that you are really a separate self, as in soul, in its own being/needing to grow to rejoin the source, brings on other effects that forces our minds to only accept certain possibilities-such as we go on as individuals after this life.

My best to you!
LV

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by Rapha
Im sry...but can you please answer this question that I posted earlier as well to you...

Would you find it dissatisfying to know that before and after this life, there is no 'you' at all? Would you be ok with that?

If i cease to exist once my heart stops pumping i won't get a chance to think 'am i unsatisfied'.

i would actually be ok.

reason: i have learnt the clech 'you only miss something when it is gone'.
so when i die, my last thought (with a smile) will be 'i utilised every second i could with joy'.

example. if i have to do a chore and walk to a shop and get supplies, i always enjoy the fresh air and blue sky (miracle) here in England.
Or if i get fired, i will enjoy these last days of the old world order like its a holiday and not worry about having to get back into the worthless rat race.

Well my question was meaning that right now, during this life...does it dissatisfy you to think that this is it, that you as a unique expression...will not go on as a individual.

Do you know that a star had to die for us to be here today and have the atoms that make our bodies? Does your idea of paradise have death in it? Does this paradise not have the universal laws as a part of it? Im a believer that the world will only become a better place when we are ready to make it such. I will be looking you up in 2013 Ralph to see if this paradise you say is coming...did come

All my best
LV

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Who runs this joint?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by 1beerplease

How was this universe born? What is the purpose of our existence as a species? What is the nature of any and all higher powers that exist? What is the meaning of the date 12/21/12, and what impact will it have on this world? Is there any truth at all to Revelations, and can you specifiy the extent of accuracy? Is this the first universe to exist, and is it intended to be rebooted at some point? Are we, as a species, on the correct spiritual path for fulfilling any and all Greater Purposes that may exist at this time?

Please answer all of these questions as fully as you are able, for the benefit of all ATS members participating in this thread.

edit on 28-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

thank you for your question.

ok, imagine 1 particle that exists by itself, lets say that it is the first particle to have ever existed.
now imagine that this particle being by itself isn't affected by gravity or any other force, making it massless
now imagine that this particle exists in an infinite black nothingness
so you have a particle that can travel at infinite speed in an infinite void, effectively this particle is anywhere and everywhere within the void. making it look like billions and billions and billions of particles, but its just the one.
sound familiar to the holographic universe theory??.

thats how the universe was born.

purpose of existence is too exist and experience life , i have coverd this heaps.

all the higher powers in the world control there countries government and banking systems, the people you see have no control over nothing.

december 21 2012 is the point where, untill now the earths collective consciousness has been more negative than positive, on this date for the first time ever it will be slightly more positive than negative.

every book on god has been edited to deceive the truth. I do not know of any, sorry.

there are an infinite number of universes, literally.
i cannot answer if this universe can be destroyed or "rebooted" very very very highly unlikely, but that doesn't mean it cant happen.

yes we are: ) can't you feel the change in the world ? it will only keep building till december

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Who will win the elections this year?

How will the Infernus handle in GTA5? When is the release date of GTA5?

How do I make my Easycap quality look like that of an HD-PVR?

The last question can be answered without knowing the future so, it should be an easy one for ya

Do not waste your time on youtube, most of them are just using an HD-PVR for the "after" effect. It can be done though.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Because, to a single photon of light, the whole universe is touching in a timeless, causeless, spaceless manner, I believe that the entire universe is made up of one very very trickey photon, who, if it had a "tagline" might be - in unity, variety.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

How would you recommend I manifest myself a winning Powerball ticket?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

what is the speed of dark ?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 247southland

Read the entire thread. He has already covered this.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Do you think by ignoring my question, somehow you won't be thrown off the cliff?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

all the higher powers in the world control there countries government and banking systems, the people you see have no control over nothing.

That was not the higher power I was referring to. Some call it "God", some call it the Law, some simply call it the cosmos. I personally call it "Source", as that is the closest any human language can come to defining it without distorting its essence in our mind.

What is the exact nature of this higher power?
edit on 28-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Tell me everything about the universe in 200 words or less.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I am sensing elements of the Ra material/Law of One, and the Hidden Hand who made his appearance on these boards several years ago. I have always felt that this material has more relevance to the actual nature of things than most people realize. Are you familiar with any of this material, and if so, can you help verify it's authenticity?

link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I have three

1) How was the moon formed, and why and how is it that the moon is both 400 times smaller than the sun and the sun 400 times farther away such that a perfect solar eclipse is possible, and 1b) why does the moon mimick the sun at opposite solstices?

2) Why does the relative size of the moon, to the earth involve the geometrical transformation called "squaring the circle"?

3) What is the relative grativational frame of reference for a pendalum and why do they behave unusually at different locations on the earth during a solar eclipse?

Was this convenitently skipped..?

link   
reply to post by Gnobody

Hi and thanks for the question, i do not feel attacked or offended. i am actually very glad you asked.

you make a very strong point, its good to see somebody pick my inconsistant posts apart.

ok, in a nutshell this is the deal.

i didn't want to type up a big story type post because
i hate giving people (out there) infomation if they dont ask for it.
i figured the most easy way to 'get it out there' was to ask people to ask me questions...
i had an urge to really get some good juicy stuff out, to me it is important information cause you wont come across it that often/never
the reason i wanted people to ask for it is cause i find it easy to answer to people's questions rather than spurt it out in one big post,
iam not trying to be some "authority" running this show, im sitting at a computer.
and finally 1ve been on this damn computer for 15 hours straight mainly on here answering Q's

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I have a question that I believe science has overlooked - 'We have discovered much about our own planet, scientific laws and such (time, gravity, velocity, etc.), but we tend to believe that these laws can be applied liberally just about anywhere, have we hendered the scientific process by making such grand, sweeping assumptions?'

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If someone offers to answer any question you wish to ask, is said person suggesting that he/she is more intelligent or in any way superior to those asking said questions?

If "no", then what is the purpose? Is it ego driven?

And if "yes", then......................

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join