It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything thing about the universe and/or existence

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeone718

Originally posted by mikeone718
What goes up and down at the same time but never moves?

Stairs.

Interstellar space travel/aliens/UFO's...what are their methods? How do they get here?...how does that technology work?

I bet you wont be able to answer one of these two questions

And, what 1beerplease said.....

Originally posted by 1beerplease
their methods of 'space travel' is instant transportation.
etc.........

Just trying to help.
edit on 28-9-2012 by defuntion because: trying not tryig

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Among quarks in a particle, how exactly does conservation of color work and what is/ are the rule(s) surrounding it?

Why does the trading of gluons keep quarks together?

Does the trading of gluons keep protons and neutrons together in the atom as well, or is it a separate phenomenon from the quarks?

the vibratory frequency at which they resonate and there 'electrical' nature will answer your first 2 questions.

i cannot answer your third question. it is both yes and no, remember that quarks and gluons HAVE to exist when looking at them with light, there will never be a bottom in the scale ratio, something will literally manifest if you keep looking.

******* my internet is really slow at the moment, i should of made this thread later on, all the kids are using my wifi******

it's really all due to the muons. and they are conserving absolutely nothing, but interchanging.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnobody
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Ok, you were not joking.

I don't happen to agree with you and I personally don't think you comprehend the quote you posted by Meher Baba...

Gnobody

There is one spirit, infinitely intelligent and fully informed in eternity from life to life, and creation to creation, which is also purposeful and not without an intentionality. Therefore I stand by what I said and purport that it's in alignment with the quote by Meher Baba. Life is meant ot be lived and enjoyed, and now that we've reached the stage where that's possible is not the time to run away from our responsibility to respond in kind to that which has been freely given without measure.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
What's the true quantum basis of material existence, and why do we think that it's the particle?

What is the true physical state of the eternal human being, and how does it come into existence?

I'll check back tomorrow, so no hurry.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Actually, what I said in that post was not this:

"We" did, for something to do and to share ie: for fun and enjoyment.

Everything was made by the father for the son because of love.

I never said anything about a father or a son or anything happening for love. Yes, love creates an incredible amount of energy, but the electricity does not determine the circuit.

By father may be meant the first father of creation as a first/last cause and/or source, but as one that is fully informed (infinitely intelligent) and who's creation impies a purposeful direction and thus a goal or object, whereby we are that object - the allegory, and the motive force or the impetus or catalyst to creation (as love) holds.

Anyone who's been to the space of nothing or the unconditioned ground of all being and becoming knows this to be true ie: that there is nothing worth doing which is not inspired by love, where love may be defined as the will to give of one's self for the sake of another's spiritual and psychological growth (evolution) and well being (providence) and to share, in intimate, participatory co-creation, or in what's also known as koinonia which would also include the idea of a sexual union between husband and wife thus making family (and community) the highest frame of reference, and so the first father to son relationship or I-thou relationship with God as the Absolute also holds.

Love God above all, and (no less vital), your neighbor as yourself.
~ The highest expression of the law of life and love.

edit on 28-9-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What do you think is the "truest" religion/philosophy (view of life) simplistically speaking?

Why is it so hard for humans to become "enlightened" if it is so simple and we are born with it but forget?

Does karma exist?

How would you describe the "Source" which creates us all? Love, Peace, Power, what?

How would you suggest we connect with "it"? Is meditation true, if so which?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
What colour boxer shorts am i wearing?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If the universe infinite?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

But if you ment that ^^^ chicken and egg literally, the chicken came first.

I myself believe that the egg came first. Something like a bubble of organism forming in some puddle of bacteria infested muck that was more originally closer to Dinosaur DNA. Course, I realize that could be just me speaking mindless garble. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 1beerplease

What am I?

link   

Why are hot dogs sold in packs of 10 while hot dog buns are sold in packs of 8?

link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
If the universe infinite?

Only up until the walls of the aquarium.
~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

How would you react to the discovery that everything you believe is not true? That every metaphysical story was just, that, a story, arising from your brain?
Would life have less meaning, would you be depressed? Would you treat other people differently?
Would you try to correct people who also held those erronous beliefs, or do you see no harm in people believing fairy-tales that don't motivate them directly to harm others?

If the appearance of time as future or past is all an illusion that takes place eternally now and here, isn't everything else you believe simply an appearance now and here with no actual reality to it?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by Rapha

How can you be so sure that any of that exists beyond your own mind at all?

Surely you question what the minds capabilities are and what its limits are...to our view and perceptions.

How can you be so sure your ego has not chosen such pathways just to feed your desires to be of something beyond this little life? Would you find it dissatisfying to know that before and after this life, there is no 'you' at all? Would you be ok with that? I just ask for honest answers...

I didn't see this before I posted. My question comes from the same place.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Among quarks in a particle, how exactly does conservation of color work and what is/ are the rule(s) surrounding it?

Why does the trading of gluons keep quarks together?

Does the trading of gluons keep protons and neutrons together in the atom as well, or is it a separate phenomenon from the quarks?

the vibratory frequency at which they resonate and there 'electrical' nature will answer your first 2 questions.

i cannot answer your third question. it is both yes and no, remember that quarks and gluons HAVE to exist when looking at them with light, there will never be a bottom in the scale ratio, something will literally manifest if you keep looking.

******* my internet is really slow at the moment, i should of made this thread later on, all the kids are using my wifi******

In Quantum Chromodynamics, Color does not refer to optical frequency just as Flavor does not refer to the way they taste.

Color in QED refers to a type of charge (of which there are three, just like the three primary colors of light). in the words of Richard Feynman "The idiot physicists, unable to come up with any wonderful Greek words anymore, call this type of polarization by the unfortunate name of 'color,' which has nothing to do with color in the normal sense."

Gluons are the carrier particles of this color charge and can be thought of as virtual particles that are 'shared' between the quarks, binding them together. Each gluon is always a mixture of two colors.

The way gluon charges interact is known and can be explained by a calculation known as the Gell-Mann matrix. This makes the assumption that there will always be three quark colors maintained and bound, even though the color on each quark changes due to the interactions of the gluons.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Is it true that because Omnipresence requires upon Itself to be true to the definition of being omnipresent, that the omniscience being kinetic toward existing inside of absolute non-existence is the causation for the Singularity? Is it true that this effort failed which is why the next "steps" upon the Singularity results in the existence of space, time, and the relative infinite non-existence just so omniscience CAN exist inside of non-existence?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by defuntion
reply to post by mikeone718

What goes up and down at the same time but never moves?

Stairs.

I knew id get him with the stairs

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Yes, your transcendent excellency really comes across with a name like 1beerplease.
Do ATS a favor and take a hike, drunk kook.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

The ego (illusion that you are something separate from the rest of life) .....
and the spirit (the actuality that nothing is separate and you are connected to all life)....

Life will go on...and me being or not being has nothing to do with life going on....

...for we never really are individuals...we are just a part of life being expression, of spirit, which does go on to be a part of the whole in another way...feeding the whole/one expression.

One can recognize what effects the cause of the ego creates...but being attached to the idea that you are really a separate self, as in soul, in its own being/needing to grow to rejoin the source, brings on other effects that forces our minds to only accept certain possibilities-such as we go on as individuals after this life.

Perfectly said. Our stories about ourselves have nothing to do with the way the reality actually works.

edit on 28-9-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2012 by delusion because: spelling fail

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

But if you ment that ^^^ chicken and egg literally, the chicken came first.

I myself believe that the egg came first. Something like a bubble of organism forming in some puddle of bacteria infested muck that was more originally closer to Dinosaur DNA. Course, I realize that could be just me speaking mindless garble. ~$heopleNation

Correct, since chickens are hatched from eggs. To ask the question if the chicken or the egg came first would imply that the two at some point were not the same at some point in time. As an example, lets say massive rays from the sun caused rapid mutations that were evident in an animals offspring, (ie the chicken egg) effectively creating a new chicken species. the egg always comes first.

Is the glass half empty or half full? It depends on whether or not half of a full glass was poured out, or half the glass was filled in an empty cup. If you're filling an empty cut, it's half full. If you poured half out, it's half empty.

Hey I guess this thread wasn't a complete waste after all... I got to share my useless theory finally!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join