It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I was the president, my whole term..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Edsinger, sorry, you started it!

First, make drugs from Canada legal.
Second, stop being Haliburtons Bitch.
Third, get us out of Iraq, without causing a new Vietnam. Set up relations, realize that democracy doesn't work for everyone, but make sure what happened in the pas doesn't happen again.
Raise taxes on people who make more than 500K a year.
Cut spending in the pentagon for things we need, like Social Security and education.
Nix the NCLB bs. It only hurts the smart students to bring them down for the dumbasses who don't care.
With the pentagon and spending, tell the people that a blackhawk helo or a tank isn't going to do much against an ICBM with a nuke in it, so no need to buy them.
Get Karzai out of Afganistan and let the people elect a president.(Because Karzai use to work for Unocal, a oil company freinds with Bush)
Get Fox News to tell the truth by making it illegal for the republican party to buy networks and other tv channels.(applies to dems also)
Have the FCC lighten up, just because 50 people are offended doesn't mean you should tell the other 200 million what they can't watch.
Fund stem cell reseach to help cure Alheimerzs(spelling sucks) Parkinsons, and the other nasty diseases.
Help Israel in the War on Terror(All terror, not just Oh! they have oil! Lets get them terror) by giving telling the terrorists/Palestinians to either take land in Syria/Jordan with your fellow brothers or be ready to be bombed and shot. in other words, if you want land, take land from your brothers who should be willing to give it to you and are larger then Israel, not bomb kids and women in hopes of a really small country to give you land after you killed the kids and women.
Then make the damn lobbyists criminals.
Sorry, but giving 50 mil to a senators campaign so he will pass your law should be illegal, not government at work.
Then realize we shouldn't piss off the UN and join them in the Kyoto talks and other forms of world governing to keep the planet from dieing.

Well, there is more, but hey, edsinger would make running for president against him illegal, I would support it by allowing other candidates to debate me. And if the republicans/democrats don't like it, then I would have our own debates with out them.

Edit: Turned one huge mass of great ideas into a bunch of cut up great ideas.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by James the Lesser]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
First, make drugs from Canada legal.

How about guarenteeing they are safe to and then I am on board.

Second, stop being Haliburtons Bitch.

Could any other company have bid on the no-bid contracts?

So who you going to get to do it? Seimens?
See this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why did Clinton give Halliburton no-bid contracts in Bosnia?

Third, get us out of Iraq, without causing a new Vietnam. Set up relations, realize that democracy doesn't work for everyone, but make sure what happened in the pas doesn't happen again.

Oh thats good, Hi tail it and Run....here is what will happen. Heard of South Vietnam? Doesnt exist today.....except your plan just makes Iran that much more of a threat. War between Iraq and Iran would ensue and you would have far more blood on your hands.

Raise taxes on people who make more than 500K a year.

#, that leaves me with no taxes for a long time. I would be on board except that by doing so you piss the rich off, they close factories, move overseas, and then neither you or I got #. no Job etc etc

Originally posted by James the LesserCut spending in the pentagon for things we need, like Social Security and education.

Social Security huh? You going to raise the rates of the existing workers to pay for the promises of the crappy politicians made to get voters over the years?

Education?? Do you relaize that we already spend more money per student than anywhere else in the world? Why dont we make sure what we are spending is getting spent right instead of putting it into the Teachers unions pet projects.....

Originally posted by James the LesserNix the NCLB bs. it only hurts the smart students to bring them down for the dumbasses who don't care.

NOt sure what you mean here.

Originally posted by James the LesserWith the pentagon and spending, tell the people that a blackhawk helo or a tank isn't going to do much against an ICBM with a nuke in it, so no need to buy them.

That is a dangerous route to travel, we need the blackhawks and tanks so we DONT get shot at by the ICBM's.....

Originally posted by James the Lesser Get Karzai out of Afganistan and let the people elect a president.(Because Karzai use to work for Unocal, a oil company freinds with Bush)

They did vote for him and the probably realiaze that his connections will get the country the help it needs to get started on a good footing.

Originally posted by James the LesserGet Fox News to tell the truth by making it illegal for the republican party to buy networks and other tv channels.(applies to dems also)

Did you know that the employees of Fox News gave more monies to the Democrats Campaigns?

Originally posted by James the LesserHave the FCC lighten up, just because 50 people are offended doesn't mean you should tell the other 200 million what they can't watch.

Well you have to have limits, although I would love to see nice pair of boobs once in awhile, I do not want my son to ...it is called class...

Originally posted by James the LesserFund stem cell reseach to help cure Alheimerzs(spelling sucks) Parkinsons, and the other nasty diseases.

Will you also fund adult stem cells? Why embryonic? What ever happened to fetal ones? Is it beciase the promise of that did not live up to what science said it woudl and yet many abortions happned anyway to support this technology that didnt work? Do you know that stem cells are already being funded?With no shortfall expected in quite a few years? Both candidates are making this an issue for no reason.

Originally posted by James the LesserHelp Israel in the War on Terror(All terror, not just Oh! they have oil! Lets get them terror) by giving telling the terrorists/Palestinians to either take land in Syria/Jordan with your fellow brothers or be ready to be bombed and shot. in other words, if you want land, take land from your brothers who should be willing to give it to you and are larger then Israel, not bomb kids and women in hopes of a really small country to give you land after you killed the kids and women.
What's say we just let Isreal loose....terror in their land will drop rather quickly. As for the palestinians to another arab country, id you know that palestinians are like lower class citizens in those countries. Like sending a black man to 1950's America in the South.

Originally posted by James the LesserThen make the damn lobbyists criminals. Sorry, but giving 50 mil to a senators campaign so he will pass your law should be illegal, not government at work.

AGREED! We agree on 2 almost

Originally posted by James the Lesser Then realize we shouldn't piss off the UN and join them in the Kyoto talks and other forms of world governing to keep the planet from dieing.

Screw the UN , they are corrupt, move ot to geneva and if they clean up we will come back and bring our $$, unless they go under first

Originally posted by James the LesserWell, there is more, but hey, edsinger would make running for president against him illegal, I would support it by allowing other candidates to debate me. And if the republicans/democrats don't like it, then I would have our own debates with out them.

No I wouldnt, not at all. If you noticed I said I would probably be shot first, thats why I said 100 days. I would also like debates, for all candidates. It is obvious why Kerry doesnt want Nader and Bush doesnt want Libertarians.

Agreed on 3! Am I that bad?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
seriously though drugs from canada would be of the highest quality, you have one of the worlds best health systems in canada, better than the United States and i am sure the drugs are safe (although many cheaper, generic brands but standards laws makes sure there's no difference)

now if i was REALLY president, i would balance the budget, start paying off the deficit and repeal the patriot act and try and pass an amendment for right to choice for abortions. I would sign kyoto protocol and get on the auto companies backs to cut emissions while at the same time invest a trillion over 10 years in helping corporations develop the hydrogen economy. I would also invest another trillion over 10 years into nuclear fusion. I would cut the nuclear arsenal to 20 ICBM's and also press ahead with defence reforms. I would mothball 3 carrier groups and pull forces completely out of europe and asia. I would use all the power in my hands to shut down the black budget projects and also would cancel funding for any of these projects. I would also cut defence spending and reduce the size of the military. I would spend these savings on homeland security and my other programs.

For the war on terrorism : out of Iraq by 2006. I would seize saudi arabia's assets in the american economy and then sell them for a low price to US citizens and place economic sanctions on Saudi Arabia. I would rely on increased input from russia, venezuala and canada for the shortfall and continue progressing to a hydrogen based economy by 2030.

I would convert the economy to the metric system, the savings in the long run would be astronomical.

I would join the ICC.

I would stop providing money to Israel until they agree to favourable terms to the Palestinians and establish a palestinian state. Then I would give the aid to palestine.

these are just a few things i would like to accomplish or get started on in my 8 years in office.

of course i am an aussie therefore it'll never happen, but one can dream.

thanks,
drfunk

[edit on 19-10-2004 by drfunk]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

tell the people that a blackhawk helo or a tank isn't going to do much against an ICBM with a nuke in it, so no need to buy them.

When was the last time a ICBM was used in a war? Oh wait never
Most countries dont even have ICBMS.

Tanks and chopters win wars not ICBMs They just kill the world if they are used.

Cut the nuclear arsenal to 20 ICBM's

Thats just insane you think Russia or China is going to cut theirs to 20 because of the good faith you showed

You dont want convential weapons because you think ICBMS can do the job then you want to slash ICBMs to 20 thats insane.

About the black budget Im not sure you could cancel funding even if you were president.

I would seize saudi arabia's assets in the american economy and then sell them for a low price to US citizens and place economic sanctions on Saudi Arabia

This could start a war with them and stop our best oil supply at the same time. Oil prices would sky rocket in the US and thats what your military runs on. and with the military you would be running Saudi Arabia would beat the US.

We would be at the mercy of Russia or China really most countries if you were President.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
well firstly they'll have to come over here first and secondly as i said petroleum needs will be offset by increased Russian, Canadian and Venezualan oil plus a continuing shift to a hydrgoen-based economy

i don't really care how many icbm's other nations have just enough for them to know that striking the US is going to cost them dearly.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
i would also like to point out that Russia has shown more "faith" than the US ever have regarding nuclear weapons. Gorbachev stopped nuke testing and asked the US to join and said he was going to do it with the US or without them

thanks,
drfunk

[edit on 16-10-2004 by drfunk]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If Canada's health care system is so good, how come so many Canadians are buying into third party supplemental policies? There's a lot the plan from the government doesn't cover, and the third party plans end up costing nearly as much as the primary plans we have here in the states.

Not only that, but I've seen some reports lately that the medicines coming in from foreign sources may not be 100% the medicines we get here in teh states.

I would like to add (from my post on edsinger's thread) that I would also attempt to impose term limits on Senate and House members. We don't need anymore Lotts, Kerrys, Byrds, etc. spending their whole careers in office and almost no time really working to represent their constituents' ideals, rather than their personla power grabbing agendas.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

that leaves me with no taxes for a long time. I would be on board except that by doing so you piss the rich off, they close factories, move overseas, and then neither you or I got . no Job etc etc

The rich should actually help pay back for the socieity that got them there in the first place, It would mean them lossing some of there money, which would hardly make a huge hit into there finances anyway, they would still be able to afford huge houses/cars etc. The sooner Americans get over the obbsession with money the better.
And anyway where are they gonna move to? Most of Europe have huge tax's on people who earn over X amount has well, sure they could move to a 3rd world country and exploit the population there(has greedy capitalists do) But its not the same has living in the US/Europe

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
How about guarenteeing they are safe to and then I am on board.

There is no garentee that the ones you get for your almighty America. There are drugs being black boxed all the time.

[edit on 17-10-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The only thing I agree with here is term limits for Congress. This would solve more problems that any of us can imagine and take a lot of the corruption out of Washington.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
i would also like to point out that Russia has shown more "faith" than the US ever have regarding nuclear weapons. Gorbachev stopped nuke testing and asked the US to join and said he was going to do it with the US or without them

thanks,
drfunk

[edit on 16-10-2004 by drfunk]

Please just like they did with their Bio weapons program. America stopped thier program dead. What did Russia do they doubled all their efforts in Bio Weapons.

Bio weapons can be even worse then Nuclear weapons. Russia wanted the US to get rid of all nukes while they were 20 yrs ahead of us in Bio-weapons how nice of them.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
edsinger, the drugs from Canada are safe! That's why we are using the flu shot from Canada! You don't get it, the drugs from England Bush said would be terror free were contaminated, while the drugs from Canada that are suppose to be terrorized, were clean. You have no clue, do you? Also, Canadians get the flu shot, for free, and there is no panic for they have enough for all of them.

Also, when was the last time we fought an enemy with a tank or helo? Afganistan had no helo's or tank, just bearded men with guns. Or how about Iraq? What we need those helo's for? To chase after the troops running on foot? Why did Bush buy/approve of five new Navy ships? Does the Iraqi navy really pose a threat to the ships we already had? There was wasted money.

Also, drfunk, nice plans, but kind of radical. Leave the Saudi's alone, unless you plan to pull a Bush.....

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
i wont need cheap drugs from canada if james was the president, id be living in canada instead.

As Childish a presidential platform if ive ever seen one, one with no depth of understanding...one that doesnt seem to worry about political opposition and dealing with COMPROMISES that would be nessisary to govern. One with little accurate historical perspective. One with little on the domestic agenda. What, no gay marriage legislation James? Oh wont all those supporters you pandered to be let down.

Vote Anyone but james! Even Kerry...LOL

[edit on 19-10-2004 by CazMedia]

[edit on 19-10-2004 by CazMedia]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Also, when was the last time we fought an enemy with a tank or helo? Afganistan had no helo's or tank, just bearded men with guns. Or how about Iraq? What we need those helo's for? To chase after the troops running on foot? Why did Bush buy/approve of five new Navy ships? Does the Iraqi navy really pose a threat to the ships we already had? There was wasted money.

Did you forget the Gulf War it had the biggest tank battle since WW2.

No Helos in Afganistan you say man, you dont know what went on there do you. Helicopters were used very much there and didnt chase people on foot in Afganistan they killed them.

Russia used the HIND when it was in Afganistan and you know what the people fighting them called it? The devils chariot because it would mow down people even whole villages with impunity. Those same troops running on foot couldnt do anything to stop them. It was one of their most effective weapons fighting there, well atleast until we gave them stinger missiles.

I think you have a overall poor understanding of war. If your enemy can only fight on foot that does not mean you do the same to make it fair. Only a moron wants a fair war you want the biggest advantage you can get.

If Iraq has no navy thats what you want because that means your ships can launch cruise missile and planes all they want without any problems.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   

You have no real concept of defense do you? I wont even go further..

wait....what does Cananda need F-18's for? Polar Bears? Seals? North Dakotan's

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Hmmm, presidential fantasies. Thought about this some time since anytime I want to rule I play Civilization 3, which I highly suggest to anyone who wants a crash course in geopolitics and global economics.

What crazy agenda would I do, if I had supreme power for eight years:

A: Reduce DoD financing by $380 Billion dollars.
Have no troops deployed outside national borders.
B: Cut foreign aide by 80%
C: Increase taxes by 5, 10, and 15 percent for personal income at 200k, 1mil, and 10mil.
D: Remove corporate taxes and trade tarrifs completely.
E: Wipe out all Federal welfare programs.
F: Increase US assistance grants for technological, industrial, and agricultural companies.
G: Pass balanced budget amendment.
H: Move national capitol to South Dakota. A capitol should always be in the center of a nation.

8 Years Later - National Debt Gone

A: Eliminate all Federal Income Taxes.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Hmmm, presidential fantasies. Thought about this some time since anytime I want to rule I play Civilization 3, which I highly suggest to anyone who wants a crash course in geopolitics and global economics.

What crazy agenda would I do, if I had supreme power for eight years:

A: Reduce DoD financing by $380 Billion dollars.
Have no troops deployed outside national borders.
B: Cut foreign aide by 80%
C: Increase taxes by 5, 10, and 15 percent for personal income at 200k, 1mil, and 10mil.
D: Remove corporate taxes and trade tarrifs completely.
E: Wipe out all Federal welfare programs.
F: Increase US assistance grants for technological, industrial, and agricultural companies.
G: Pass balanced budget amendment.
H: Move national capitol to South Dakota. A capitol should always be in the center of a nation.

8 Years Later - National Debt Gone

A: Eliminate all Federal Income Taxes.

#! I could live with those! Great ideas but will never happen.

Cept A

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Hmm, well id have to vote the lesser of 2 evils and pick tiabun over james, but Im not too wild about most of Taibun's plans either, mostly on the scale of the change, not so much the issue being adjusted.

Taibunn's agenda critique,
a. boo, no reductions needed
b. cut some but not to that extreme
c. 1/2 those figures and ill agree to screw the rich
d. bad idea
e. also bad idea, sometimes a helping hand is needed, not everyone "camps" on these programs and many do move beyond them
f. fine, but within limits
g. balance the budget, but dont tie the feds hands, just like sometimes we citizens must deficit spend, so might the government.
h. no...s dakota is pretty im sure, but why else go there?
"8 Years Later - National Debt Gone " LMAO, spoken like a true politician, predicting success when you really cant garuntee it. a promise you MIGHT be able to keep.

a-again with the a? with no fed income, how will the feds pay for things? bad idea.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Hmm, well id have to vote the lesser of 2 evils and pick tiabun over james, but Im not too wild about most of Taibun's plans either, mostly on the scale of the change, not so much the issue being adjusted.

Taibunn's agenda critique,
a. boo, no reductions needed
b. cut some but not to that extreme
c. 1/2 those figures and ill agree to screw the rich
d. bad idea
e. also bad idea, sometimes a helping hand is needed, not everyone "camps" on these programs and many do move beyond them

It's not that people are camping on welfare. The problem is that Federal-assisted living destroys the integrity of society. Just think to the point when you started seeing homeless people. You'll find it coincides with the start of the country's socialization programs.

f. fine, but within limits
g. balance the budget, but dont tie the feds hands, just like sometimes we citizens must deficit spend, so might the government.
h. no...s dakota is pretty im sure, but why else go there?
"8 Years Later - National Debt Gone " LMAO, spoken like a true politician, predicting success when you really cant garuntee it. a promise you MIGHT be able to keep.

F. Definitely would have to be within limits, but the trade defecit in this country is out of control. We have to reign it back in, and throwing cash into American-unique technology can help the quality and demand of our exports.

South Dakota - because a nation should have its capitol in the center. This is for social, strategic, and political reasons that are well established. Look at the cultural disparity between the East Coast, the West Coast, and the heartland.

Graduated income taxing is evil like all taxes. But you have to admit that it'd be quicker to pay off the debt that we all owe without unduly hurting the quality of life of people by graduating the income tax to do so. Then it's gone, finished.

Defecit gone - well, that's the plan, at least.

US Military - this is the true state of welfare in this country. Not the servicepeople, the MIC.

a-again with the a? with no fed income, how will the feds pay for things? bad idea.

new topics

top topics

join