It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts of WWII Prisoners on Bataan Death March Photo Taken by Former Army Officer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This is really strange.. but a truly amazing photo!

For those unfamiliar with the Bataan Death March, here is an excerpt from wiki:

Baatan Death March Wiki Link

The Bataan Death March (1942) was the forcible transfer, by the Imperial Japanese Army, of 60,000 Filipino and 15,000 American prisoners of war after the three-month Battle of Bataan in the Philippines during World War II.[3] All told, approximately 2,500–10,000 Filipino and 300–650 American prisoners of war died before they could reach Camp O'Donnell.[4] Death tolls vary, especially amongst Filipino POWs, because historians cannot determine how many prisoners blended in with the civilian population and escaped.
The 128 km (80 mi) march was characterized by wide-ranging physical abuse and murder, and resulted in very high fatalities inflicted upon prisoners and civilians alike by the Japanese Army, and was later judged by an Allied military commission to be a Japanese war crime.[5]

Ghosts of WWII Prisoners - DailyMail Link

When Major John Tulloch retraced the steps of Allied prisoners of war and their infamous 'death march' from 1945, he thought his photographs would bare only a vague resemblance to the tortuous route PoWs took 70 years ago.
The retired army officer had revisited the muddy track in Borneo where thousands of World War Two PoWs trudged to their deaths, only to be given a shocking surprise when he looked back at his images.
Maj Tulloch studied his pictures and found what appeared to be hunched, skeletal ghostly figures marching across his photograph, almost exactly in line with the path they took seven decades ago.

Continued here: Ghosts of WWII Prisoners - DailyMail Link

This is some bloody coincidence if it's just a "reflection" but what are the chances of that? If it was a random anomaly caught on film, then possibly you could attribute it to light, lense issues, etc., but along the same route of the Bataan Death March?

Gave me the creeps :
edit on 28-9-2012 by roblot because: typo

edit on 28-9-2012 by roblot because: typo2

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
its just God's way of reminding the horrors of war.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by roblot

I believe that ghosts are a signature of a great trauma experienced, from what I have read.

This post goes a long way in reinforcing this opinion for me.

S&F - great stuff indeed.

"We will never forget"

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
That photo was taken through a pain of glass.
Look at the “cloudiness” near the top.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I have to agree on that.

The actualfigure look way too defined in my opinion.. You've got ankle bones, heels and what even looks like trousers being worn..

one problem with the trousers.. They don't 'shrink to fit' as we seem to be seeing here.

Personally, I think these images were scetched from a dirty piece of glass, very possibly the windscreen of a car seeing as the misty band at the top is curved.

edit on 28-9-2012 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by defcon5

I have to agree on that.

The actualfigure look way too defined in my opinion.. You've got ankle bones, heels and what even looks like trousers being worn..

one problem with the trousers.. They don't 'shrink to fit' as we seem to be seeing here.

Personally, I think these images were scetched from a dirty piece of glass, very possibly the windscreen of a car seeing as the misty band at the top is curved.

edit on 28-9-2012 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

On closer inspection and although I agree somewhat with your analysis, I cannot help but wonder - what would be the motivation for such "doctoring" of images. Political?

Maybe I am clutching at straws in this instance but I have previously seen........so I believe.

OT: On your other thread about a possible ghost pic I assume you have also seen something, like me, that cannot be explained. Did you see the face I circled?
edit on 28-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by roblot

That ghost photograph screems GLAAAAAS all over it...and it just doesn't look right. Those figures look as if they walked away from a surrealistic painting.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by roblot

G,day mate. came back to this post twice now. why?. it may pay you to check the details again or refer to an atlas. you mention bataan in the philippines. but, the pic states taken in borneo. borneo is an island of indonesia. interesting pic. is it fairdinkum or not. saw something like this many many years ago. ended up with 3 other blokes in the weapons pit with me watching group of what looked like ww2. soldiers. i dont believe in ghosts. but, we saw something at 0300hrs

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pronto

Sorry, for the geographical error, I did this in a rush, and I made a stupid assumption. Can I delete a thread?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The problem I see with this picture, as well as what has already been stated, is that the 'figures' seem to be walking across the road instead of along it...

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnobody
The problem I see with this picture, as well as what has already been stated, is that the 'figures' seem to be walking across the road instead of along it...

Gnobody

That is of no matter.. what you have to consider is the passage of time. The road may have changed course. It may have eroded to the new level too.

There is a ghost story here in England where Roman soldiers are seen marching.. but you see them from the knees up... the lower legs and feet are another foot in the ground.. Reason being, the ground has risen since the Romans were in the UK.

So, fake or not, the possibility of seeing floating or sinking ghosts is very real (or as real as ghosts get)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
That is of no matter.. what you have to consider is the passage of time. The road may have changed course. It may have eroded to the new level too.

There is a ghost story here in England where Roman soldiers are seen marching.. but you see them from the knees up... the lower legs and feet are another foot in the ground.. Reason being, the ground has risen since the Romans were in the UK.

So, fake or not, the possibility of seeing floating or sinking ghosts is very real (or as real as ghosts get)

I am aware of that story of the Roman soldiers and I completely agree with what you have said above regarding the passage of time may have changed the level and direction, its entirely possible.

However, I personally don't think that this is the case here, of course, without seeing the entire landscape, its very hard to tell how this road is situated, it may be so that fifty meters to the right of this road is a cliff face making it unlikely that 70 years ago the road was facing 90 degrees in the other direction, the direction that the figures are facing.

Although its also possible that the figures are representing beings from a lot longer than 70 years ago, and may well have been crossing the road instead of marching along it, or indeed walking along a road that no longer matches the road in the photo.

I happen to believe in ghosts and have my own idea of what they are and I'm not trying to 'debunk' this story or photo, just pointing out my doubts regarding the connection of the photo with the story...

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Gnobody

no problem

I'm doubtful of the authenticity of this pic for the reasons I've mentioned.
What bothers me is why go to the effort of doing it? What does the photographer gain from this?

Maybe something coming up like an anniversary or the like.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
What an utterly amazing story. So heartbreaking what our forebears endured.
Japan was actually trying to make good on some of its war crimes last year... remember they were digging up Unit 731's horrible crap to show it to the world, I think they announced that intent shortly before their big shake last year.

Remember the "ghost lion" seen in Essex UK a few weeks back? 6 people heard and/or saw a roaring female lion which was never captured. It was close to Diana's death date too. She and Sage Stallone, by the way, died within two months and a week of their birthdays. They were both 36 years old and named for the Moon.

"Bidden or unbidden, God is present"
~Carl Jung

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Fake. The figures look too cartoonish, almost like a sketch.

Motive? Some people will do anything.....

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
If those guys are American soldiers, where are their boots and pants? shirts? caps? guards?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
If those guys are American soldiers,

Why would there be yank POW's on Borneo?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I cant attest to the validity of the photo BUT if real would not be the first military related ghost images would they? The horror of that march hasnt faded with time and certainly didnt help the Japenese when the decision to drp the a-bomb came.
In the states the battlefield of Gettysberg are said to be constantly active.The scene of incredible death during our civil war.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
That photo was taken through a pain of glass.
Look at the “cloudiness” near the top.

It is a tropical rainforest there. The humidity is always near 100%.

Are all these pictures taken through glass?

images.search.yahoo.com...

edit on 29-9-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join