It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

NEW ROMNEY VIDEO: In 1985, He Said Bain Would "Harvest" Companies for Profits

page: 8
28
<< 5  6  7   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

We have twice knocked Romney for his unsupported and highly questionable claim that “net-net” he created 100,000 jobs while at Bain. There’s no thorough count of the jobs gained and lost in all the companies in which Bain invested. And Romney is taking credit for all of the present day jobs at some of the companies, even when there were other investors involved in the deals, executives who launched or ran the companies, and new owners altogether in later years.

A Wall Street Journal analysis of 77 businesses Bain invested in while Romney led the firm found that 22 percent either filed for bankruptcy reorganization or closed their doors by the end of the eighth year after Bain first invested (although in many cases, that was after Bain had parted with the companies).t


I don’t think Romney is as big a dirt bag as he is portrayed sometimes but he certainly is not a saint. Unfortunately he does not speak as much as we would like about his time with Bain even though his experience is a large part of his platform. Almost a quarter of the businesses that were invested in while he was with Bain failed that still leaves 75% that at the very least did not file bankruptcy. I can’t say if I call that a success there is no doubt they profited though. There are a myriad of reasons why I will not vote for Romney his business practices are one. The way they conducted business I mean.

If people like myself could afford to invest with companies like his I probably would but that does not mean I trust him to be President of the United States. The same way I wouldn’t even consider Donald Trump as a worthy candidate. From the above excerpt from an article it seems Romney is taking credit from job creation that he may have not had a hand in and it still bothers me about his statement that he retroactively retired from Bain when the outsourcing was going on. Not only does that sound ludicrous but he was caught on a recording describing the working conditions of a Chinese factory he visited that they were outsourcing jobs too. To me his credibility is in question and this is just a sample of why.

source




posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi
 


So 1 in 5 companies in dire financial need went bankrupt, MOST of them after Bain was no longer involved with them. That does not sound like a company that sucks everything it comes in contact dry. It sounds like a company who SAVES 80% of the companies it works with. That's not shabby at all. And the other 20% they dont save USUALLY go bankrupt AFTER Bain is no longer working with them.

As far as Romney taking credit for present day jobs, I think that is aproppriate. If company A would have gone bankrupt 20 years ago and was saved by Romney and has since grown employing 5,000 more jobs, those 5,000 would not exist if Romney didn't save them.

Wonder why so many people challenge Romney's claim when it has been challenged and has NOT been found false, yet when Obama makes claims that have been investigated and found absolutely false (such as 1,000 jobs in the tire industry that is patently 100% false) no one cares?



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Ill take 80% success rate over bankrupting a SOLAR company with a 550$ million dollar bankroll, or a failing GM



 
28
<< 5  6  7   >>

log in

join