It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Man Killed By Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

MILWAUKEE- The Milwaukee County medical examiner is explaining why he changed the cause of death of Derek Williams from natural causes to homicide.

There was a cracked hyoid bone in Williams' neck that was revealed during the autopsy. Such injuries result in about one-third of fatal strangulations and are caused by extreme force.

In the video, as Williams begs for help, one of the officers says, "You're breathing fine," and "Stop messing around." Williams struggles to breathe for 7 minutes 45 seconds, then slumps over, unconscious.

An officer checks his pulse several times, props him up in the seat and walks to a nearby supervisor's car. Finding no one there, the officer returns, pulls Williams out of the squad car and starts CPR as a different officer calls for medical assistance. At least three minutes pass between the time Williams loses consciousness and the time the officer takes Williams out of the car. Police and paramedics continue CPR for more than 45 minutes before Williams is declared dead.

www.jsonline.com...

Well this is just sick. Why wouldn't they call an ambulance to someone that is clearly having severe breathing problems? Then once he becomes unconscious wait 3 minutes to perform CPR? The cops need to be charged with murder.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I agree Spoke.

These Officers should be charged. Unfortunately, I live in Milwaukee. It will probably NEVER happen.

Why?

Milwaukee has a serious problem.

"This is a group of rogue officers within our agency who I would characterize as brutal and abusive," .

Milwaukee police looked into ‘Punishers’ group Report expressed concern about 'rogue officers'

MILWAUKEE- A man savagely beaten by Milwaukee police is breaking his silence.

Frank Jude Jr.: 'I'm just a victim, I'm a victim of police brutality'

Im not bashing ALL the LEO's in Milwaukee, but they have had problems, for years.

S&F

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
That's hard, man. Seven minutes this dude was fighting to breath. Hands cuffed behind your back, trapped inside that car, and the cop outside the window ain't going to come to your rescue no matter how much you beg. I can only imagine the level of panic that was setting in for this dude. Being a cop must be tough, but they gotta do better, be more cognizant and compassionate than this. Most people will ignore this, thinking, "well that dude was a hood rat, he deserved it." Nobody deserves to die like that, and it's happening more often.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Awful.

We can do much better than this.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

That's awful. I really hate cops.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Murder? That implies that the cops meant to kill Brown.
I don't know that there is evidence to support that conclusion.
When you run from the cops you can expect it won't be pleasant when they do catch you.
It is their job after all to stop and apprehend such people.

I agree it's tragic but many people will fake various ailments just to go to the hospital instead of lockup. Can we reasonably expect police to be doctors as well?

I'm no fan of the Milwaukee police, what happened at the RNC in '08 was as despicable an act as any. There have been many cases of brutality and corruption as well. But not all cops there are bad people and without more evidence I suggest it may be premature to judge whether or not Brown's death was intentional rather that tragic and accidental.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Murder? That implies that the cops meant to kill Brown.

I don't think anyone has been charged with Murder... at least not at this point.

He then revised his ruling from natural death to homicide.

The M.E. is just saying the guy didn't die of natural causes and was killed. Homicide could range from intentional to involuntary/negligence.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Well this is just sick. Why wouldn't they call an ambulance to someone that is clearly having severe breathing problems? Then once he becomes unconscious wait 3 minutes to perform CPR? The cops need to be charged with murder.

sadly this is becoming normal in all major cities and some small ones, it's the training that our LE is getting with handouts about the growing domestic terrorist they have divided US as a people even more.
Just like dogs.. dont blame the Cops blame their trainers.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
That is outrageous. I couldn't imagine slowly suffocating while someone stands by looking at me like im a pos. Homicide no involuntary manslaughter yes. Protect and serve is no more, we need new law enforcement to protect us from these people. what a shame.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

One of the only times I have ever agreed with you, they should be charged.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I remember this video from a few years back, sorry to hear there has still been no resolution. Just like the Trayvon Martin case it shouldn't even be an issue for discussion, the cops are guilty just as George Zimmerman is. Keep up the fight for justice.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Murder is putting it way overboard, yea there have been TOO MANY cases of police brutality leading to death, but this guy wasn't on the ground while 20 government thugs billy club em' to death while crying out the all too familiar "stop resisting".

what i believe this case to be is involuntary man-slaughter.
Even though the police were wrong in not assisting this young man after more than 7 minutes of suffering, we all have to realize that we all do the best we can (for the most part) at what were doing.
Many times people try to evade the authorities by acting as if something is wrong or they just merely freak out in the back of the squad car.

I say all personal involved be held responsible and lose their privileges to police while having to pay damages to the family that lost a loved one,

thats just my two cents though

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I know what would be happening to those cops had that been my relative.

I have an agreement with some of my relatives for just these kinds of instances, so take that as a warning you sick bastard LEOs out there.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

That is so sick. As in completely messed-up sick. Another reason for a "Cops Gone Wild" thread. See my "Board Business" forum suggestion thread. In the words of Kurt Russel from "John Carpenter's Big Trouble In Little China": "Son of a bitch must pay."

edit on 9/28/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadQuacker
we need new law enforcement to protect us from these people.

But then who will protect us from those protecting us from them. Infinite regression. It all gets back to "WE THE PEOPLE..."

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
We may not agree on alot RealSpoke, but I'm right there with you on hating these punk ass cops.

I've been a victim of their abuse, so have most of my friends and family. I can only count on my right hand how many times I've actually had true "service" from them.

My father in law just had a bad expieriance by local OD here as well. He had a contractor doing a job at his house. The contractor got in an argument with his neighbor for an unfinshed job and the contractor decked his nieghbor. Just layed him out on his own property.

The police were called and they did nothing. When my father in law started yelling at the cops to "do their job" he was arrested instead. Unfreakinbelievable.

Nope, no respect from this dude. They are the worlds biggest gang. Straight up thugs.

S&F

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This needs a forum of it's own...and that makes me even more angry and sad...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
If I shoot someone and then just stand there and watch them die they WILL call it murder.

They murdered him, plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I have sat in the back of a cop car in Phoenix, AZ when it was 115 out and he left me back there with no air for 10 minutes.

Disgusting pigs.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
This needs a forum of it's own...and that makes me even more angry and sad...

reply to post by abeverage

Get on the bandwagon here:

New Forum Suggestion: "Cops Gone Wild"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 3/1/2012 @ 10:52 AM

My rationale is this: It's not anti law enforcement. It's anti "Cops Gone Wild".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join