It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you doing to make extra money?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

There is of course find a well off guy and marry him. If your planning to every marry again then make sure its someone who has money if possible.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Sounds good jude
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Finally something I can do with that rhubarb! Seriously though, I've killed the plant at least 4 times since buying my house, a few weeks later there it is again blocking my way to my car. This year somehow in someway it had little rhubarb offspring. I'm plagued!

I started doing graphic design on the side, pick up little projects here and there for friends mostly. It steadily picked up, I decided to get a more formal training so I went back to school and am incidentally turning it into a career. Complete 180, I used to be in finance, designing is much funner. So now I'm starting photography as a side venture, I bought a DSLR camera and it's been a blast ever since. I'm fortunate enough to have an understanding wife who supports all my new projects, even if she doesn't understand anything I talk about anymore.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

AthlonSavage
Well i don't plan on getting married again at least no time soon ..I know i can make it on my own without a man and i kinda like how my life is going right now
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Rockpuck
I know you cant kill those rhubarb plants but now i want them for my cement leaves now watch them start dieing lol..
I'm like your wife don't understand what you do but its wonderful she supports all your new projects,
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by magickmaster

Suicide bomber costumes----really? are you kidding?

to the OP_ Love the concrete leaves. It looks like a chore to peel the leaf off...have you done it? Do they really turn out as beautiful as they look? Have you tried other size leaves for other uses?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Selling handcrafted Items
Although it's more of a hobby.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Coming to this thread to get some ideas, lol.
I would like to get some extra money because it's been really tough since March.
Actually this entire year has been hell on me.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
reply to post by olaru12

olaru12
That sounds like a great job and interesting also plus you get to meet allot of people..If you don't mind me asking what is a "busker" peace,sugarcookie1

A "busker" is a street musician. I sing and play the blues in a tourist area, people that like my music put money in my open guitar case or buy my cd's.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm a medic by trade, well Ambulance Technician/EMT so can sometimes earn a buck or two doing private work (Yes I am insured by the way) but I also am a dab hand in Photoshop so earn some extra dollar from doing graphics/photo restoration. Been 'the pc guy' for a number of years and can sometimes make a little out of that too. Background in photography but this is very sporadic. Can build an engine from the ground up almost blind folded so mechanic work for friends sometimes help with the occasional bill. Can also work wood and metal so again something to help as and when needed.

Best to always have something fall back on I think, I have a few things to go at and find I can pretty much turn my hand to whats needed.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have a friend that goes to yard and estate sales and buys out of print books and collectables and resells them on ebay. He makes a very comfortable living at this. All from his iphone.

I'm planning on this year playing Santa at a mall; it pays very well.

www.jobmonkey.com...
edit on 28-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I used to go to people's homed and make home cooked dinners for people who didn't have time to cook themselves but haven't done it since I started taking care of my grandkid. However I do still make home made baked items for people on order (cakes, pies, cookies, cobblers, etc.) occasionally. I also do a little babysitting in my home (gives the grandkid someone to play with AND I get paid) and I do a little sewing and alteration work.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
In the uk we have boot sale/ jumble sale. My mum has an eye for a bargain, most pople at theses aces are selling the stuff there because the don't need it. 50p £1 for a £25 toaster ect. She grabs stuff like that, sells it is auctions for ordinary household goods electricles ect. Her garage chockablock. And she will get £5-7 for the 50p toaster. She buys alsorts and moves them on through a group she started on FB. Lol

I have a kind of natural talent for carving wood, so I'll whittle blocks down to peices of art and sell them. Through mum of course. Doing favours for favours is a good way to save cash when dealing with friends. They win this time you win the next. This would be the norm in a aervice to others world. Money often talks louder than favours when it comes down to it though.

Best thing you can do is find something you enjoy, you'll be naturally good at. Others won't have the natural ability you have but some will want/ like the product of your ability.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I make hand made, all natural soaps, lotions and other personal care products, sell them at my local Farmer's market. Also have some shops now carrying some of my products too. Even though a lot of my profit goes back into buying ingredients to make them, I manage to pay a lot of my bills with the left over. Plus, I'm building up my business at the same time.

Plus, I make money off selling my baby goats I don't keep for the goats milk I use.

Des

edit on 28-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

Missing Blue Sky
Yes Ive made about 60 of these you can use any kind of leaf you want cabbage leaves make nice smaller ones..hasta leaves..rhubarb or elephant ears for huge ones let your imagination soar..people buy these like hot cakes i cant keep up with the orders when painted they are beautiful

rub vaseline or other kind of lubricant on the bottom of the rhubarb leaf and it'll come off easy. hardware stores will also sell a proper release agent as well, but vaseline should do the trick use can use pam spray also..

Some people use saran wrap i havent tried that yet..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rambo1112

rambo1112
hand crafted items are fun Ive done jewelry before but i always end up keeping them..I love jewelry
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

ldyserenity
I understand its been tough for many of us trying to make ends meet..Thats why i decided to make this thread thinking maybe it would help someone..There is things out there to do i managed to find some others can also
hugs,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

olaru12
OK i got it now just never heard that word used before..Good luck sounds like fun! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

littled16
All great things to do! Now you gave me an idea with the home cooked dinners ..Thank you! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Wifibrains
Thats a great idea your mom has Ive done some of that also and done garage sales to make extra money..
carving wood is a excellent idea is great you have that kind of talent!
Your right people like things others are able to do that they cant i know i love the unique and unusual..peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join