It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Libya Lies Collapse: Senate Democrats Demand Answers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

It's almost like all the different versions and excuses for failure are like a cart with square wheels.

Now it is apparent that high ranking Democrats are attempting to distance themselves from the whole debacle.

It must be because of the negative impact this whole escapade may have on Democrat candidates at all levels.

The wheels appear to be coming off a two week attempt by the Obama Administration to cover up its fatal security failures at our consulate in Libya and to cover up the very fact that this was a successful pre-planned terrorist attack that cost four American lives, including that of our Libyan Ambassador, Christopher Stevens.

Not only has the scandal picked up steam in the mainstream press (Jake Tapper's ABC News report tonight is a must-watch), but high-ranking members of the President's own party are now demanding answers. This includes the man most often cited as a likely Secretary of State should Obama win a second term, Senator John Kerry:

Senate Democrats joined Republicans Thursday in questioning the Obama administration's handling of the fatal Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya and why the administration refused for days to acknowledge that it was a terrorist attack linked to al Qaeda.

The Senate Foreign Relations Committee, chaired by Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., circulated a bipartisan letter addressed to Deputy Secretary of State Thomas Nides, asking for an "accounting of the attacks against U.S. missions in Egypt, Libya and Yemen," according to a copy obtained by The Washington Examiner. .....

Even ABC is in on the diversions....
ABC News Reports On Obama Admin Misleading On Libya Embassy Attack

What are the Democrats afraid of Really ?

Are they really all that "Concerned" ?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Non-issue, for Obama, I'm afraid. Non-issue for Obama supports also. He has them believing a "video" created ALL the problems, and they are happy to continue drinking that excuse, by underplaying his failed Foreign Policies.

Ive seen his supporters give him a pass, on his "kill list".

Sad actually.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Point 1, this is a clear illustration of the failure of this administration in terms of foreign policy in the ME.

Point 2. I see a memo from Obama to Hillary. "The bus. Get under it."

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It seems as though the election might be close. Given that, I can understand that the Obama strategy is to hope that nothing happens in the next few weeks, and if it does, to try to make sure that it can't be connected to him or his policies.

I think that the government is currently being run for the purpose of re-election, not governance. Sad, but that's life for many, but not all, politicians.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Conservatives are the boy who cried wolf every day for 4 years straight

No one can hear you because you blew your social capital on lies and disinformation.

America is tired of listening to you guys because you have burned everyone out,
conservative used to represent moderation or temperance,

you guys have been very generous...

with hysteria .

Those teeth stuck in your backside are your inheritance

When the economy turns around in the next couple years, that will be your dessert.
edit on 27-9-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Non-issue, for Obama, I'm afraid. Non-issue for Obama supports also. He has them believing a "video" created ALL the problems, and they are happy to continue drinking that excuse, by underplaying his failed Foreign Policies.

Sad actually.

Wow. You really called it!

(see above post)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Sad actually.

Wow. You really called it!

(see above post)

Sorry buddy, it's a simple truth, you go around making a new thing up everyday for
1,500 days, nobodies gonna listen to you when you have something real to say.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

Conservatives are the boy who cried wolf every day for 4 years straight

No one can hear you because you blew your social capital on lies and disinformation.

America is tired of listening to you guys because you have burned everyone out,
conservative used to represent moderation or temperance,

you guys have been very generous...

with hysteria .

Those teeth stuck in your backside are your inheritance

When the economy turns around in the next couple years, that will be your dessert.

except that it wasnt the conservatives that warned him.......it was the diplomats in the area and the Libyan government itself telling them all the info......

Spin that all you want, most of the intel came FROM the country , FROM the people there, not just our own people in operations.........

Bush ignores memorandums that get people killed, people want his head.......

Obama ignores memorandums that get people killed and set fire to countries all over in mass protests and people shrug their shoulders.......

Not only that theres information surfacing that it was part of a covert arms deal with the libyan rebels that was initiated BY THE OBAMA administration that set the place a blaze in anger..........

the hypocrisy is so glaringly and blatantly obvious that no amount of spin by the leftist or media can justify this one .....thats why they are tryng to remain silent on it and hope it goes away......

Give me a break and take some accountability
edit on 28-9-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

Help me out here. Are you saying, for this at least, Obama's critics do have something real to say? Or are you saying that this is all made up and it was the video that caused the problem, and Obama has been honest about it.

If you're saying that Obama's critics haven't focused their attention on the real problems of the administration, such as Solyndra, drone attacks, the economy and jobs, the deficit, recess appointments while Congress wasn't in recess, etc. I'm sure they will appreciate your advice. I'll tell them when I get the chance.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

just one little problem i can see here
the Big Lie that just doesn't want to go away

that the 9/11 events are terrorism

when it's actually a counter revolution by Qaddafi supporters to expel the us/nato puppets and take back their country
one of Qaddafi's actual torturer-murderers recently got a whole bottle of his own medicine

Libyan who captured Qaddafi tortured, killed

then again the definition of terrorist seems to have changed to mean freedom fighter

dems can dance the hootchie cootchie all they want, as long as they cling to the Big Lie, they expose themselves as being just as psychopathic as the repugs and the POSUS

this is just theater for the masses IMO

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
There is a reason this "issue" is getting no traction, it's because it's not an issue.

Obama originally said that they were waiting to get all the facts in Libya, and claimed that the Egypt protest was about the video (and it was).

Then a week later when he had all the facts, he did say that it was a pre-planned terrorist attack.

In short, there is no controversy, there is no cover up, there is simply a President acting responsible and waiting until he has all the facts before making a definitive statement.

Imagine that, a President that doesn't jump to emotional conclusions. This is one of the reasons I like Obama, he is calm and collective, and he waits until he has all the facts before making a statement.

Now compare how Obama handled it to how Romney did, he politicized the assasination before the body was even cold. He wanted to use the death of an ambassador as a political prop to further his ambition.

The Right Wing can try to drum this up and attempt to make it an issue, but there is no issue here, Obama took the correct course of action for a President.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Before anyone cries wolf, let the facts be analyzed and determined by each, responsibly and for the truth, in order to get justice served, and not unconscionably use this tragic death of a courageous man to gain mere political mileage. His death would have been vain.

1.The Ambassador was stationed in Tripoli. Most of working time was spent there, where security was better and militants were not running amok in that area

2. However, sometime in September, he went to Benghazi, perhaps to check on the state of security there as there were reports of unrest and militants rife there, as part of his active and courageous duty to America, to give veracity to those claims and ask for reinforcement if necessary.

3.Unfortunately, it proved a wrong time to be there, that may not co-incidental but planned video screening on youtube to arouse the mob there.

4. Thus, it would be wrong to blame any american for the deaths of brave men doing their duty to america, as there were risks involved. If anyone to be blame, it be better to blame it on the MURDERERS of brave americans there, support a thorough investigation and wait for that result so as to bring those perpetrators to answer for the crime.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Imagine that, a President that doesn't jump to emotional conclusions. This is one of the reasons I like Obama, he is calm and collective, and he waits until he has all the facts before making a statement. Now compare how Obama handled it to how Romney did, he politicized the assasination before the body was even cold. He wanted to use the death of an ambassador as a political prop to further his ambition. The Right Wing can try to drum this up and attempt to make it an issue, but there is no issue here, Obama took the correct course of action for a President.

Wrong......there was proof from the Libyan gov TELLING him tensions were rising and getting rough.......

to think this video is the SOUL reason for this uprising is ridiculous..........and to say that is is to deny ANYTHING the libyan gov told the administration BEFORE the attacks and to ignore the information that OTHER diplomats sent to Obama and his people.......

If the dems want to stand by the "the video caused this" then they will have to step away from their stance that US foreign policy is what has caused the muslims to be upset with us all this time.....

You cannot have it both ways............

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Wrong......there was proof from the Libyan gov TELLING him tensions were rising and getting rough.......

to think this video is the SOUL reason for this uprising is ridiculous..........and to say that is is to deny ANYTHING the libyan gov told the administration BEFORE the attacks and to ignore the information that OTHER diplomats sent to Obama and his people.......

If the dems want to stand by the "the video caused this" then they will have to step away from their stance that US foreign policy is what has caused the muslims to be upset with us all this time.....

You cannot have it both ways

Obama has never said that the video is the "soul reason" for the attack in Libya. If you can quote Obama saying that the video is the "soul reason" for the attack in Libya, I would love to see it.

And there is no proof there was any information before the attack, there is one blog/article claiming "senior officials" had "information". Nothing credible to any of that.

It is only the Republicans trying to claim that Obama and the Dems are saying that only the video caused this. Obama has said that this was a planned terrorist attack, funny how you won't admit that he has said this.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You cannot have it both ways

Obama has never said that the video is the "soul reason" for the attack in Libya. If you can quote Obama saying that the video is the "soul reason" for the attack in Libya, I would love to see it.

And there is no proof there was any information before the attack, there is one blog/article claiming "senior officials" had "information". Nothing credible to any of that.

It is only the Republicans trying to claim that Obama and the Dems are saying that only the video caused this. Obama has said that this was a planned terrorist attack, funny how you won't admit that he has said this.

Really? Is that why the White house is fighting to keep from releasing the cables from the killed ambassador, and other intelligence cables that will expose the fact they knew ahead of time? No its not just republicans, its democrats too trying to get them to release this information.........Not to mention the fact that they denied the FBI access to the crime seen to investigate!....

Obama CHANGED his story after the fact ...

That is what we saw play out in the last two weeks, as a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world. Now, I have made it clear that the United States government had nothing to do with this video, and I believe its message must be rejected by all who respect our common humanity.”
— Obama, speech to the U.N. General Assembly, Sept. 25

I think it’s important to note with regards to that protest that there are protests taking place in different countries across the world that are responding to the movie that has circulated on the Internet. As Secretary Clinton said today, the United States government had nothing to do with this movie. We reject its message and its contents. We find it disgusting and reprehensible. America has a history of religious tolerance and respect for religious beliefs that goes back to our nation’s founding. We are stronger because we are the home to people of all religions, including millions of Muslims, and we reject the denigration of religion. We also believe that there is no justification at all for responding to this movie with violence.” — White House spokesman Jay Carney, news briefing, Sept. 13

Now they are changing their tune..........just like YOu and every other person that is being wilfully blind about this whole thing.......

YOu guys want to deny words that come directly out of his mouth and/or claim plausible deniability.......people arent STUPID , we know what hes saying, we know what hes eluding to, and were know hes trying to cover his own Arse, because were damn well aware that this administration is covering something up......

And when those cables are released, I wonder if you and others will still cover him for it? Or if its proven they did have advanced knowledge.........will you admit you were wrong and stand with us to hold them responsible?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yeah, it's not like he allowed two jets to be flown into buildings or anything.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

If Democrats are really doing this,
why do you need to go to a right wing lie machine in order to find the story about it?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Sad actually.

I never for a moment believed all that anger was over some video barely anyone in the Middle East seemed to have even seen.
I do not understand how that hurts or helps Obama though?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Sad actually.

I never for a moment believed all that anger was over some video barely anyone in the Middle East seemed to have even seen.
I do not understand how that hurts or helps Obama though?

I must be giving him a pass on the kill list because I have yet to see it. I have to wonder how that means anything to you as well but it could probably not be more off topic so do not bother.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

If Democrats are really doing this,
why do you need to go to a right wing lie machine in order to find the story about it?

apparently you didnt read my reply........CNN and other "liberal" media agencies have reported the same thing..........

If its all a lie why would they report it too........

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join