Mormon Church Funded Islamic Terrorist Organization

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Mormon Church Funded Islamic Terrorist Organization
The article was written August 31, 2006

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the Mormon Church, is the single largest donor to the U.S. branch of Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW), also known as Islamic Relief. In the past year, it donated $1.6 million to the charity.
But Islamic Relief is not just any charity. The Israeli government says it is a HAMAS front group. It is also under investigation by the American government.
IRW was founded in 1984 by Dr. Hany El Banna. He is a relative of Hassan El Banna, founder of the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist group–from which HAMAS, Yasser Arafat, and Al-Qaeda’s second-in-command Ayman Al-Zawahiri emanated.

Did the Mormon Church knowingly fund terrorism? And why is this not being scrutinized by the news? I see a double standard here. How many times has there been mention of ties to the Muslim world and outright lies mostly from Fox trying to tie Obama to the Muslim world. If this was Obamas church wouldn’t this be all over the news day after day. This article written before Obama ran for office so I do not think it was a smear piece to make Romney look bad.

source
Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs

I am NOT saying Romney is a terrorist or directly involved in funding IRW but you have to remember the Mormon Church once fought a war against the US and the nonprofit entity that he set up called Tyler Chraitable Foundation, which he donates money too and that organization in turn donates money to the Mormon Church.

I have not seen MSM, NBC, or basically any news show that have done a story on this and definitely not Fox. Doesn’t Fox and followers always go after any story that would have implications like this? If this was connected to the church Obama attends wouldn't this be news worthy?

One thing remains unclear, is the Mormon Church still funding the IRW? My main question in all of it is why hasn’t this been scrutinized?
edit on 27-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: add link

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
How can conservative media go after Obama with baseless claims that they still promote through innuendo he is a Muslim but they completely overlook or should I say ignore the connection between the Mormon Church funding a terrorist front.

Where is the outrage the innuendo in every talk show of Muslim connections or the fat guy scribbling lines on a chalkboard while crying how the country is being destroyed from the inside? (Glenn Beck if you didn’t get the sarcasm) usually I see fox news accusing Obama of being a secret Muslim or supporting terrorism with a six degrees of separation mentality. Romney donates to the Mormon Church and the Mormon Church donates to Islamic Relief that the Israeli government says is a HAMAS front group.
edit on 27-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Is this for real?? What is the basis of there contribution. Look, our world has gotten pretty crazy since 9/11 and with all the Chess Playen going on with the various Nations right now it seems we are headed in a very interesting couple of years regardless of who is President. Remember this though, Chess is the Russian's Game and neglecting that fact could pose a serious problem.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
To put the Muslim brotherhood, Hamas, Al Qaeda and Yasser Arafat in the same sentence shows a clear lack of knowledge on the subject or perhaps mental disability.

To put things in perspective, even if this article was true, 1.5 million dollars is not what one should call financing an organization like Al Qaeda started from the son of a Billionaire, Hamas or Hezbollah financed by the States Syria and Iran, And the Muslim brotherhood that currently has control over a sovereign state with a GDP of 50,81 billion dollars.

1.5 million dollars is nothing, it is not even relevant in the current grand scheme of things.

Now Yasser Arafat, I just have no clue what he has to do with this poorly written article.

edit on 27-9-2012 by KUKNOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KUKNOB

Must be nice when 1.5 million isnt that much money.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KUKNOB

This article is real and as for your question can probably be answered by looking at the dates that were quoted and the date the article was written. Article was writen in 2006 and their is a report with their Israel Foreign Affairs office.
I am still looking for more information.

I believe the website is Israeli in origin.

A better question would be why has this not been scrutinized by the media.
edit on 27-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I looked up your Israeli source. I would not even trust them with a traffic report article.
Even less on middle eastern issues dealing with the financing of Muslim terrorist organizations.
But to each their sources of information.

If this was meant to be an example Zionist propaganda or disinformation, your thread deserves a Flag.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KUKNOB

I wouldn't even see a purpose of this being Zionist propaganda what would be the point and I am not Jewish. This is an article I ran across when I did a search on the internet when I was trying to find out if Mormonism is considered a cult. Thanks for the assumption though.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Dear Grimpachi,

Thanks for the lead. Hope you don't mind if I did a little looking for myself. Here's a 2008 article from The Los Angeles Times. articles.latimes.com...

The Mormon Church has become the biggest contributor to Buena Park-based Islamic Relief, touted by its administrators as the West's largest Muslim-based charity. Relief officials say the church has donated $20 million in goods and services since the 2004 tsunami, equal to about 20% of the charity's annual budget.

And Mormons and Muslims say they often are co-hosts of educational and social programs at which, though some may be angling for long-term doctrinal influence, very little open proselytizing of each other seems to take place. "We have a very close and friendly relationship," said Keith Atkinson, West Coast LDS spokesman.

Mormons "explain our faith to anyone who will listen" and "treat Muslims like anybody else," said Elder Dallin H. Oaks, a member of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles, one of the church's top governing bodies in Salt Lake City. But Oaks added that "we don't preach to people who would be disenfranchised" or likely offended.
I note that they are talking about "goods and services" and not much about money. It also sounds as though they are behaving pretty much the way we would hope all Americans would act to Muslims.

Here's another one from 2009. www.deseretnews.com...

SALT LAKE CITY — The LDS Church shipped an estimated 400,000 pounds of food, blankets and other relief aid Friday to flood-ravaged Pakistan.

"We're loading 10 containers that will be shipped to Pakistan," said Nate Leishman, the church's manager of emergency response. "We're doing this in conjunction with one of our partners, which is Islamic Relief."

Under an arrangement between the Mormons and Islamic Relief, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is donating physical goods while Islamic Relief oversees shipping and distribution.
I agree they could be selling the relief supplies once they get there, but I'm still looking for a little more evidence that they're "funding a terrorist organization."

With respect,
charles1952

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The Mormon Churh involves itself in many such events as disasters internationally as well as across America......
Hamas is much more than a bunch of guys with aks and turbans.
What passes for goverment fills the vacuum.....
Any help those people get they need badly. You help people they find it hard to hate you.....
The Goverment should have been more helpful and less quick to open the bombay doors all these years and we wouldnt have to eat all this blowback while we give up our freedoms to do so.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Thank you Charles

I guess I am a bit weary of organized religion or more what goes on in the less established ones. As you can see from profile info I live in Florida and we have the Church of Scientology here. I will just call it what it is a cult. The things they get away with would shock you. I have personally had dealings with them because I lost a good friend to them. I could start a whole thread dedicated to that but it needs to be said I approach religions with a suspicious mind. If you can find some direct information on the allegations I would appreciate it.

If there is anything I want to come from this thread is to point out the double standard that exists in the media.
Which is why I posted it in Political Rivalry instead of Political Conspiracy section.
edit on 28-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: add

top topics

join