It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Mind Test Website

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SethGecko
Also noticing a trend, is this for a movie? Because the actor in the "webcam" test is Melissa George.

edit.

Never mind u said it in the OP hah didn't read that far into it.
edit on 27-9-2012 by SethGecko because: asdfgh

It is indeed Melissa George.

It's for a new BBC tv show called hunted, and she is without doubt the hottest thing on 2 legs.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Jeez what a great start to the weekend first of all research everything777's thread, now this. I am officially amongst the top 1% of brainwashable people, and there I was thinking I could think. I do believe socratese said something along the lines of "I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is I know nothing".

Personaly I do know 1 thing..............................You can't beat a bacon sandwich..................or was that implied

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Like most others - top 1%. Big deal. The idea is to get you to keep "improving" your score and continue "testing" yourself. Why? So you watch the commercial about the upcoming program, of course!

Yes, it's A viral-attempt, meme marketing effort. Clever perhaps, but hardly ground-breaking. Kind of reminds me of the Isaac/Caret/Drone Alienware threads here on ATS that many of us went ballistic over about 4-5 years ago (search on it - intriguing stuff).

As suggested, the algorithms in the program already have pre-determined response mechanisms in place to show you (aka entrap you) into a pattern that keeps you engaged, inflates your a ego a smidgen, makes you think you're actually more "special" than the next 'test participant' (aka customer prospect).

It's basic marketing. Ever hear of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs?. It's taught to all MBA's and is especially effective in marketing/selling intangibles (life insurance, annuities, future films, etc.) - anything you can't touch, smell, experience in-the-moment. In order to sell such things successfully, you MUST appeal to basic human needs, instincts, desires. Such as: feeling self-worth, pride, emotional well-being, conscientiousness, fairness, belonging, etc. - see a correlation here?

What really surprised me is how effective this is, especially with the usually-tuned-in ATS crowd! So many replies of "Oh Boy! I am in the 1%!!", "Yippee -I'm an Intelligence Commander now!!", "Wow - they described me perfectly!!". *yawn*. Makes you wonder how well they grabbed the masses!

Clever.

I don't mean to rain on everyone's parade however. So apologies if your ego-balloon is losing some air. I took the test - all five. More than once. It's fun, yes indeed. But it's just a ruse, a game, a trap to keep you engaged and hopefully make you curious enough to watch the program (which, like the test itself, is pure entertainment, nothing more). If you like it (i.e., 'like' yourself), then that means the marketing effort worked, and our Cinemax poster above will likely get a raise or bonus. Good job, buddy! That MBA is finally paying off, eh?!

Here's a more revealing test for you: take the test again and change your answers altogether. Take it several times. Voila - you're STILL in the 1%! - except now you're an official Byzantienne "Space Cadet" "ScowTug Commander" or whatever. Whoopdee Doo.

Final comment: That Melissa Brit-blonde sure is hot! Those eyes. Those lips. That velvet voice! I think I'll take the test again!
Can someone find her facebook/twitter/webcam link for me?

NEXT!!

edit on 9/28/2012 by Outrageo because:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
First Test -
Top 20% of US
Autonomous Striver with hidden strength
Your responses indicate a desire to overcome a persistent feeling of emptiness or dissatisfaction. You believe life should have more to offer, and fear you have somehow not achieved everything you deserve.

Your desire for legitimate respect and success has led to increasing anxiety. Consequently, you no longer exhibit some of the friendliness and openness for which you were once known.

Similarly, you fear being overly influenced by others. You are often fiercely independent, which sometimes leads to being resistant to the opinions of friends and relatives — even to the point of denying what you fear may actually be true.

This behavior stems from your wish to be regarded as an authority. It leads you to react strongly when you suspect you might be wrong. At times you feel that too much is being asked of you, and that you are not properly recognized for your efforts. This situation — be it fueled by others’ jealousy or negligence — adds to the stress in your life.

Luckily, your determination is unyielding. Unlike others facing similar adversity, you forge ahead despite the challenges. Through strength of will or simple endurance, you are unique in your ability to withstand the troubles of a complicated life.

Test 2-
Your score suggests a peerless ability to make confident decisions under pressure.
Top 10% of your country

Test 3-
Top 5% of your country

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Just finished the first test :

Your responses indicate that you have a normal desire to share yourself with others. However, this need is not being adequately fulfilled at present.

As a result, you unconsciously attempt to treat this emptiness with momentary interests and temporary passions. If left unaddressed, this imbalance leads to impulsive behavior and unnecessary risks.

Past betrayals have left you generally suspicious of others’ behavior, particularly regarding romantic relationships. You fear you may be exploited if you open yourself too fully. Consequently, you often seek some proof of a new friend’s or lover’s sincerity before you decide to trust them.

Further complicating your relationships is the anxiety you have about your unfulfilled personal and professional goals. You fear that you’ve made decisions that weren’t in your own best interest, or failed to take advantage of opportunities when they presented themselves.

The desire to overcome these challenges sometimes lead you to seem pushy or even arrogant. Because this competitive urge is not always apparent to others, they are often surprised by it.

However, the passion that underlies your desire for success is unique. This makes you unlike others. You cannot simply accept what life has to offer; you aspire for more.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've never put much stock into these kind of personality tests, but that description above is scarily accurate. WHO TOLD THEM ABOUT ME?! (kidding)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have trouble with "tests" like this. Of course they are testing your line of thinking, your reactions and your sentiments. All this data is added to your file. If the government gave you a written test like this, you would refuse it. But attach it to some marketing for a "new movie", gizmo or song and people drop their guard and line up to be examined.

And the results are geared to someone else's expectations of what a model citizen should think like. But really, its harmless fun and games right?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Top 1% which I suspect is the default for anyone who completes all the tests - the final test was a real surprise though - weak of mind I must be =)

A fun peice of viral marketing and for those that do complete all tests anonymously you get to see why it's all rather harmless fun.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

What really surprised me is how effective this is, especially with the usually-tuned-in ATS crowd! So many replies of "Oh Boy! I am in the 1%!!", "Yippee -I'm an Intelligence Commander now!!", "Wow - they described me perfectly!!". *yawn*. Makes you wonder how well they grabbed the masses!

Did you really take those responses seriously?
I bet they all just wanted to add to the hype without revealing anything ...

edit on 2012-9-28 by Torre because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Top 1%, Information Analyst. Took me three tries to finish the fourth test though, haha.

Originally posted by intrptr
I have trouble with "tests" like this. Of course they are testing your line of thinking, your reactions and your sentiments. All this data is added to your file. If the government gave you a written test like this, you would refuse it. But attach it to some marketing for a "new movie", gizmo or song and people drop their guard and line up to be examined.

And the results are geared to someone else's expectations of what a model citizen should think like. But really, its harmless fun and games right?
Had the same thought, I'm sure the government knows what we did. As to who's truly in the "1 %" is beyond me.
edit on 28-9-2012 by artisticnstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

"Your responses indicate that you have a normal desire to share yourself with others. However, this need is not being adequately fulfilled at present.
As a result, you unconsciously attempt to treat this emptiness with momentary interests and temporary passions. If left unaddressed, this imbalance leads to impulsive behavior and unnecessary risks.

Past betrayals have left you generally suspicious of others’ behavior, particularly regarding romantic relationships. You fear you may be exploited if you open yourself too fully. Consequently, you often seek some proof of a new friend’s or lover’s sincerity before you decide to to trust them.

Further complicating your relationships is the anxiety you have about your unfulfilled personal and professional goals. You fear that you’ve made decisions that weren’t in your own best interest, or failed to take advantage of opportunities when they presented themselves.

The desire to overcome these challenges sometimes lead you to seem pushy or even arrogant. Because this competitive urge is not always apparent to others, they are often surprised by it.
However, the passion that underlies your desire for success is unique. This makes you unlike others. You cannot simply accept what life has to offer; you aspire for more."

I'm an "enduring fighter" with "masked passions"

I scored 3.5 and in the top 20 % of the population.

The second test said "Your score suggests an unusually well-realized ability to make confident decisions under pressure."

Once again a 3.5 and a top 10%

The third test I didn't do, because I didn't feel like giving them access to my webcam and face, yet still, I somehow magically ended up scoring in the top 5%

Let me guess... next one will be top 2.5%..lol

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The site is obviously to promote the show but it IS kind of freaky. I drew a House with two stick figures and when it went back I was like freaked.

The human mind is amazing at what it picks and chooses to listen to. It's a little bit of cognitive this and other stuff. Cool site.

I ranked 1% (probably rigged) - Combat Officer in the end. In the beginning I came out as top 10%.
edit on 28-9-2012 by cd5love96 because: (no reason given)
For the webcam test I tested top 5%.

In the triangle puzzle I tested in the top 2%

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Definitely rigged lol. I drew the house too the first time and the second time I already pre planned to draw an apple, and I remember the little girl with the picture in the background was a house, but at the end it showed me that it was an apple, when I know it wasn't. So they changed the picture. HAha.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022
1%

Communications Expert

Fun test though

Me too... also I drew a mountain and they were everywhere. And the backwards voice talked about a valley...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by unb3k44n7
t was an apple, when I know it wasn't. So they changed the picture. HAha.

same with me. it was a house in the test. i drew a sun over a pyramid
then they showed a picture of a valley.and had the voice say draw a valley.
their picture showed some hills with the sun peaking over the top.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I took the test...ended up in the top 1 percent...and since I don't have a web cam couldn't take that test. The final test is freaky..I drew a little girl stick figure..but then what else could you really draw quickly?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Again, the percentiles are rigged. They aren't realistic in any way, Although it does add a sense of flattering. The whole thing they wanted to get you to was the final test, which was creepy, and the commercial, obviously because the whole site is intended to promote the show -- which isn't subliminal in any way. The Cinemax logo is on the side, you can read the little words at the bottom and tell it's affiliated with TV, so not breaking any ground by saying

"Oohhhhh guys! it's a campaign ad!"

Yes. It is. We knew that already.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Personally, felt this was a waste of time, especially once I saw the commercial after the 4th test.

Oh, and the picture I drew had nothing to do with their subtle messages. Not even close...

I guess the pictures I drew as a child weren't the normal house on a hill. I had visions of being on the ocean!!

Ah well, at least they put a few hidden messages in there about the 1% controlling the worlds interests in ways we never thought possible. About the only truth in that entire thing

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by brettcal82

saw a house at one point, drew a house and a adult stick figure holding a child stick figures hand with a little sun and a little cloud in the top corners. Still had time left wanted to test the system, drew a crude penis and a woman laying down legs spread. "There were unrecognizable items in the drawing this is likely on purpose, you show an unyielding desire to go against authority etc." or something like that then gave me information analyst.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
never got to finish first test. locked the computer up 5 times. not gonna play on this one. maybe I'm so bad they can't handle it.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by brettcal82

Interesting little test,what bothers me is when i was child 7 or 8 all my drawings were of boats on water,don't know if that was common thing for most kids to draw ,but that is what i did. I did so much that a College Professor that went to my church asked me if he could have my drawing to present to his students . Have no clue or remember what he taught,but it wasn't art.

First test..Troubled individual,with unique abilities

Final test...Combat officer

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join