It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Stargate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Greetings fellow ATS Users.

I have a question and I'm sure someone has the answer for me

Project Stargate was cancelled in 1995.. Was there any kind of continuation to this.. an off shoot or maybe a totally new program?

Any info would be helpful.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
its a CIA secret Project for psychic war...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I know what it was.. I have a feeling something took it's place.. and am interested in what replaced it.
edit on 27-9-2012 by Youareallschizophrenic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Youareallschizophrenic

etaphysical and psychic phenomena have long existed on the fringes of conventional science and academia. ESP, Clairvoyance, Telekinesis and Astral traveling have all been relegated to the back seat of mainstream, accepted belief systems in spite of an extensive mention of these practices down the ages, across myriad cultures. It has always been challenging for practitioners of the science to be validated by the prevailing status quo. That however changed in 1995 when the CIA declassified a top secret program that had been training individuals in the esoteric science of 'Remote Viewing' in which, it was claimed, people were able to envision ongoing activities in distant places and future events. Although reminiscent of a Sci-Fi yarn, Remote viewing was tested and deployed under rigorous scientific conditions to obtain data about foreign espionage activities, counter terrorism efforts, secret military bases abroad and hidden missiles. It recognized the inherent psychic potential in humans and attempted to harness these special faculties or 'powers' for the purposes of intelligence gathering, often of a vital nature. The initial testing was done at the Stanford Research Institute (SRI) where extensive investigations were carried out into the human mind's capacity to transcend all bounds of time and space. SRI's research was supported by the CIA and other government agencies for over two decades. Russell Targ, Hal Puthoff and Ingo Swann were the original founders of this once-secret program. Their task was to learn to understand psychic abilities, and to use these abilities to gather information about the Soviet Union during the Cold War. They found from years of experience that people can quickly learn to do remote viewing, and can frequently incorporate this direct knowing of the world -- both present and future -- into their lives. They were the original 'Psi Spies' named after the title of Jim Marrs' exhaustive study of the phenomenon. The project produced some remarkable results. Among them were detailed renderings of secret Soviet bases, the whereabouts of Red Brigade terrorism hostages in Italy, location of victims in the Israeli hostage crisis, locations of Scud missiles during the first Gulf War and even the impending attack on the Twin Towers in NY! (done by a private contractor and ignored until after the event). The program eventually came to be called 'Operation Stargate'. The initial media flurry (Ted Koppel's Nightline, ABC, The Washington Post, The New York Times, etc.) that surrounded the declassification in 1995 uncovered some surprising details. The names that surfaced at the time were of Ingo Swann, who initially helmed the project, Dr.Russell Targ, Pat Price, Dr. Hal Puthoff, Joseph McMoneagle and others, an interesting group comprised of respected senior military personnel, path breaking scientists and academic luminaries. On ABC's Nightline, one of the operatives, Joe McMoneagle was put to the test by none other than Ted Koppel. He was able to prove the authenticity of the system with flying colors. Remote viewers can often contact, experience and describe a hidden object, or a remote natural or architectural site, based on the presence of a cooperative person at the distant location, or when given geographical coordinates, or some other target demarcation -- which they call an 'address'. Shape, form and color are described much more reliably than the target's name, function, or other analytical information. In addition to vivid visual imagery, viewers sometimes describe associated feelings, sounds, smells and even electrical or magnetic fields. Blueprint accuracy has occasionally been achieved in these double-blind experiments, and reliability in a series can be as high as 80 per cent. Case Studies In 1984 Targ organized a pair of successful 10,000-mile remote viewing experiments between Moscow and San Francisco with famed Russian healer Djuna Davitashvili. Djuna's task was to describe where a colleague would be hiding in San Francisco. She had to focus her attention ten thousand miles to the west and two hours into the future to correctly describe his location. These experiments were performed under the auspices and control of the USSR Academy of Sciences. Djuna hit the mark on all counts and the experiment was declared a resounding success. Ten years earlier, in 1974, Russell Targ and his colleague Hal Puthoff carried out a demonstration of psychic abilities for the CIA. Pat Price, a retired police commissioner, described the inside and outside of a secret Soviet weapons laboratory in the far reaches of Siberia -- given only the geographical coordinates of latitude and longitude for a reference. (That is, with no on- site cooperation.) This trial was such a stunning success that they were forced to undergo a formal Congressional investigation to determine if there had been a breach in National Security. Of course, none was ever found, and the government supported them for another fifteen years. Data from these formal and controlled SRI investigations were highly statistically significant (thousands of times greater than chance expectation), and have been published in the world's most prestigious journals, such as Nature, The Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, and The Proceedings of the American Academy of Sciences. The twenty years of remote viewing research conducted for the CIA is outlined in ‘Miracles of Mind: Exploring Non-local Consciousness and Spiritual Healing', co-authored by Targ and Katra. Recent research in areas as different as distant healing and quantum physics are in agreement with the oldest spiritual teachings of the sages of India, who taught that "separation is an illusion." The powers we are discovering now are described by Rishis as 'Siddhis', or fruits of deep penance and arcane Yogic techniques, verbally transmitted, only known to inner circles. The military and institutional exploitation of this timeless phenomenon is alarming. It is being harnessed by world governments in a game of cosmic brinkmanship, none of whom can possibly know the complete ramifications of unleashing such latently devastating forces without comprehending the holistic nature of the universe and interconnectedness of all life. What is remarkable however, is the fact that the cat is out of the bag finally with regard to parapsychology, metaphysics and the occult. The so-called 'mainstream' has not only recognized the stunning potential of psychic energy but has gone so far as to harness it for territorial one-upmanship. The human race only needs to realize the vast reserves of raw power that it has at its disposal to effect profound and genuine transformation of the human condition on a global scale.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You will not find answers to what you seek here. Project Stargate was not terminated due to lack of applicability to gaining meaningful intelligence from CRV,ERV and WRV but because of the incredible efficiency of it all.

It now has a new umbrella code name.

Some people at SRI have been granted collateral clearances regarding the continuation of this project.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Its something like Uchiha Madara wants - total world domination where people live in dreams. You look at the moon and fell into endless sleep and mind domination dreaming of peace and butterflies.

Maybe they have perfected it and move on to "new findings" ? Mass hypnosis are achievable through media but mass obedience ?.

I bet they done experimenting on direct brain implant of false memory. Just lookup recent advancement in brain research (still clinical)
- Quit smoking through brain therapy
- OOBE experience by demand
- Memory mapping and retrieval

If you can quit smoking, false memory implant isnt so hard after all. Combine it with HAARP, what the aeroplane spray in the air as agent and GMO food as "required chemical" - mass hypnosis of grand scale.

Whoops, grand plan exposed

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I thank you for the info.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Dr. Sidney Gottlieb--the MK-ULTRA honcho--brought the first monies to SRI for remote viewing studies. MK/Artichoke, and especially Bluebird had an interest in paranormal--or "PSI" ability. Especially in conjunction with hypnotism.

Many of the intelligence funded scientists were also working with the effects of electromagnetism on the brain. These effects have been recognized as relating to OBEs and such as well as mind-control connotations.

Dr. Michael Persinger--also connected to some MK project folk--is the guy famous for the "God Helmet." Recently he has been experimenting with Ingo Swann by hooking him up and zapping directly.

The remote viewers from Ft. Meade were classified as "human use experimentation." I believe they were a continuation of either MK-ULTRA or at least some of the things learned through that program. There is good evidence to suggest that they were unknowingly subjected to electromagnetic tampering of their brain and it's acknowledged that hypnotism was explored in context with RV.

The remote viewers--although it is not commonly known and is often downplayed--experienced quite a number of concerning effects including the fear of encountering "evil" beings and dissociative states which were also a goal of MK-ULTRA (Think MPD)

Pretty much all of the remote viewers became "UFO crazy" and have a wide-range of pretty far-out ideas on the subject that last until this day. They also reported UFOs around or above many of the sites they remotely targeted.

In addition, their are many more scientists and connections to MK-ULTRA that surround the remote viewers at both FT. Meade and SRI. It's like a who's who of MK veterans and projects. Russell Targ, for one, is listed by Dr. Colin Wilson as MK-ULTRA associated. But that's tip o' the iceberg by far.

Electromagnetism has been linked to many UFO reports as well. Something is definitely up with those connections.

Does an RV program continue today? I think the first question would be WHAT exactly was the remote viewing program?

edit on 27-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KUKNOB
You will not find answers to what you seek here. Project Stargate was not terminated due to lack of applicability to gaining meaningful intelligence from CRV,ERV and WRV but because of the incredible efficiency of it all.

Some people at SRI have been granted collateral clearances regarding the continuation of this project.

Because you say so, or do you have some research, that you can show, that might strengthen the theory?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Because you say so, or do you have some research, that you can show, that might strengthen the theory?

Sorry Gut,

I should have mentioned that this is not a theory of mine but information I read somewhere on a blog about project Stargate. Unfortunately I forgot where I got this information from, It should therefore be taken with a grain of salt or simply ignored since I cannot provide sources for this information.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

lol that's one hell of a first post. We have a live one here folks.

I've never heard of this "Project Stargate" before. If I were to guess what it was, judging by the name I would say it's something about Alien Stargates used to travel long distances in an instant. But apparently not... in fact it was actually some kind of paranormal research project undertaken by the U.S. Federal Government.

Here's why it was apparently cancelled:

The foregoing observations provide a compelling argument against continuation of the program within the intelligence community. Even though a statistically significant effect has been observed in the laboratory, it remains unclear whether the existence of a paranormal phenomenon, remote viewing, has been demonstrated. The laboratory studies do not provide evidence regarding the origins or nature of the phenomenon, assuming it exists, nor do they address an important methodological issue of inter-judge reliability.

Further, even if it could be demonstrated unequivocally that a paranormal phenomenon occurs under the conditions present in the laboratory paradigm, these conditions have limited applicability and utility for intelligence gathering operations. For example, the nature of the remote viewing targets are vastly dissimilar, as are the specific tasks required of the remote viewers. Most importantly, the information provided by remote viewing is vague and ambiguous, making it difficult, if not impossible, for the technique to yield information of sufficient quality and accuracy of information for actionable intelligence. Thus, we conclude that continued use of remote viewing in intelligence gathering operations is not warranted.

— Executive summary, "An Evaluation of Remote Viewing: Research and Applications", American Institutes for Research, Sept. 29, 1995[4]

Project Stargate - Wikipedia

Sounds like a load of crap to me... they're like "yeah we have significant statistical data to indicate it does work, but meh this stuff is useless anyway". Just because the information provided by remote viewing is often "vague and ambiguous" doesn't mean that information is useless. A lot of the time a crime will be solved based on the smallest seemingly insignificant piece of evidence. Do you know how advantageous it would be to have the ability to see inside enemy lines without having to travel onto enemy territory? Who gives a damn if the information is some what vague, that information could mean the difference between victory and defeat in a war. And within the intelligence community... intel gathering is their god damn main purpose, do you really believe they'd ignore such a significant and powerful method of obtaining intel? Of course they wouldn't... it's absolutely crystal clear this project is still in operation under a different name.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KUKNOB

That's cool, brudda. Thanks for clarifying. I'm not saying it didn't continue, but my current research does suggest that all is not clear on what meets the eye with the remote viewing program. Strangeness and strange connections abound.

edit on 27-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
And within the intelligence community... intel gathering is their god damn main purpose, do you really believe they'd ignore such a significant and powerful method of obtaining intel? Of course they wouldn't... it's absolutely crystal clear this project is still in operation under a different name.

If that's true, then it remains a mystery why they would, apparently, put their best and most experienced remote viewers out to pasture.

It should also be noted that the private industry businesses started by the RV'ers haven't done spectacularly well and haven't lasted for long.

Plus...Osama Bin Laden and Sadam Hussein were pretty hard to pin down...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

Were they really?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The CIA/TPTB met the aliens, impressed by their tech, make a deal, got the tech, but there are something missing.

The tech require telepathy/mind power to operate thus the technology useless except reverse engineering it, arise the need for the research, plus the aliens have the ability why not humans!.
Enter new dimension of mind power or "the enlightenment" in tinfoil people jargon.

Project branched and split into RV, memory manipulation, matter manipulation, time peeking, dimension awareness and so on. I bet the projects succeed and probably merged into a grander one. - Mind over matter.

What are they doing now ? I'm clueless as you but assuredly, its some sort of control.
(Put tinfoil hat down)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

Were they really?

I see what you mean, but that's a WHOLE 'nuther topic. That's the NWO forum.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Remote Viewers, Lasers, MK-ULTRA, and ELFs...no stranger than the topic itself:

I happen to think that much of the Remote Viewing program was less about psychic spying than it was about meme propagation, if not outright MKULTRA brain zapping of patriotic military volunteers. I think there’s no better illustration of that than this odd tale of some spooky events supposedly experienced by the scientists involved in testing Uri Geller.

What you want to remember is that the most compelling and dramatic facts of the case (the code words, the one-armed man) come to us via the testimony of Dr. Green (given the pseudonym “Kennett” in this excerpt from Remote Viewers.) Also keep in mind that Targ and Puthoff had a background in cutting edge laser technology. Lasers, as you probably know, are what you use to make holograms.

One day in the lab, several members of the Livermore [LLNL] group were monitoring [Uri] Geller during a metal-bending session. They recorded him with audiotape, filmed him with videotape, and photographed him with a variety of still cameras, including one that was sensitive to thermal infrared radiation.

After the experiment they developed all the film and saw something very strange. The infrared camera had caught what seemed to be two diffuse patches of radiation on the upper part of one of the laboratory walls. It was as if someone had briefly shone two large heat sources, either from inside the lab or outside pointing in. The patches grew in intensity for a few frames, then over the next few frames diminished to nothing.

The Livermore Group were understandably puzzled over this, but it was only the beginning of the strangeness that would soon consume them. When they checked the audiotape they had made during the experiment, they found amid everything else a distinctive, metallic- sounding voice, unheard during the actual experiment but now clearly audible, if mostly unintelligible. All they could make out were a few apparently random words strung together.

aconstantineblacklist.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
RV is real. I was skeptical at first but wanted to believe it was possible. I took my son to an IRVA conf in Las Vegas a couple of years ago, and met some of the people involved in RV. What converted me into a believer was an experiment they did with the audience. It was a pre-cognitive associative RV experiment. They had something like 18 or 20 pictures that were assigned letters. No one in the audience knew what they were. We had 5 mins to sketch what picture would be selected. I spent the first 4 1/2 mins. looking around not really knowing what to do. Others were making drawings, but I couldn't see them. Then I figured I had to put something down on paper. So I just closed my eyes and then drew the first thing that came to mind. After the 5mins were up, we had to sign the pictures and turn them in. Then an audience member was selected that would roll a couple of large dice. The resulting number picked an envelope that had an a list of numbers to letters. Note, there were several envelopes that each had a different association of numbers to letters. Then another audience member was selected to roll the dice again. This would select which picture (letter in the list) would be the target we were suppose to have drawn. Then the picture was shown.

I was blown away by how close my drawing was to the picture. It wasn't perfect, but had 85-90% correct. The experiment was repeated a 2nd time, and again my picture was so close to the target (selected pic). Note, each picture was very different so that they wouldn't be confused with each other (they showed us all of them after the experiment). There is definitely something to this RV stuff. They say that everyone can do it, just like everyone can run. Some people are naturally better than others, but everyone can improve with practice. The main thing about it, is to not try and interpret the viewing process until after you have made your drawing. As this will cause you to make mistakes. I forget the terminology they used to describe this. Anyway, I was convinced that it is real. There really is something to it.

FYI, they hold an IRVA (International Remote Viewing Association) conference every year in Las Vegas in June. It was a very interesting experience.

Also, I recall that some of the people there talked about the program still going on, and that it was being revised. The RV'ers had made progress in their ability to over-come some of the earlier programs short-comings.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
My understanding was that it was dropped due to funding questions during the Clinton years. That said the US Department of Agriculture got a budget bump that matched the funds plus had a personnel transfer of a number of people at the same time.

From what I read about it the program had a lot of success. One of the biggest things that came out of it was that it showed that anybody could be trained to do this. At anyrate I never spent much more time looking into this topic then just a passing fancy about it.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
They had some of their viewers killed by the soviets. I imagine they just wanted to get reorganized and structured differently so that their viewers were more protected from potential moles, and so that they could be made more effective( facility or technological enhancement.) All the studies done with brain waves and their amplification should have produced by now a technology to increase reception or transmission, IMO.

There is no reason why they wouldn't fund this almost free program that can produce results they have exploited before. You don't walk away from cheap and effective intelligence.

They might have just wanted to reproduce the results with their own people, rather than having to rely on the civilian population for recruitment. Imagine the effectiveness of a trained intelligence person with these abilities. No slipping things into his coffee while he is distracted in a diner, or not being able to reveal information to him he wouldn't understand, or him being able to understand things he is seeing in a more concise way, being trained to look for certain details.

edit on 28-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join