It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have to say it...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There are no differences in Democrats or Republicans, any one who says one is better than the other should just shut up
Who should win any contest, election or whatever shouldn't be what their title is (like democrat or republican), it should be whose the better choice

Also... gay, race, gender, religion, species or whatever else should never be mentioned in any government issue because guess what, it doesn't matter, what we do matters not who we are

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by saiyankev

No, there is a difference. The Democrat is an imbecilic political party whereas Republican is a mental condition.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Amen to your whole post!
I wish more people thought and felt as maturely as you do.
We are all people, the person we vote for or the color of our skin shouldn't separate us the way it does.
I completely agree with everything you say. The last thing you said resonated with me very well.

Originally posted by saiyankev
what we do matters not who we are

Star & Flag!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I agree. Over here we have a few parties to choose from, however, none are totally great. Each have some good ideas and policies and some totally awful ones (though some have more awful ones than others). I never understood why in stead of voting for the party, where you get a percentage of bad ideas as well as the ones you voted for, why can't we vote on the ideas / policies they have instead. That way it doesn't matter who is actually in power, because they are only allowed to impliment the good policies that everyone voted for.

I guess the main problem these days, is that all sides are batting for the same team, but just pretending to be different from each other.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well put OP

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kloejen
Well put OP
Thank you
its short, simple and gets straight to the point
more people... especially people who are actually into voting for anything should think like that, I don't mean think like me, I mean be open minded

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The problem is, that being a politician is profitable. If you could not acquire wealth and power from public office, there would be a lot less politicians.

Make it so profiting from public office is illegal, and watch the rats jump ship.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

TPTB have bought the main parties that get lame stream media attention

so

vote for the people not in lame stream media

honestly the 2 village idiots can do a better job and TPTB will loose control
i like Obama compared to what is on offer as he isnt israels biotch

you can do without a federal gov atm
in oz we didnt have one for a few months after the last election as it was a stalemate

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

People are slowly getting the whole picture, and peeking behind the curtains surdenly helps. The way it is now, is that you always have 2 candidates, they are always at roughly the same percentage in the polls. In the end, it doesn't really matter who gets to the the new POTUS. It will be the same bulls*#t, just a different a$$h"#e.

Sadly many are still gobbling up the 'election' as real. The election night itself is like a bad tv-thow at it's best, giving people the illusion of choice.

edit on 27/9/2012 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I don't see why another 'democrat' couldn't run for president... just cuz a president is something shouldn't mean others can't try

Its kinda sad but... "Somebody has to win"

Hopefully someday in my life time it won't be USA, or china, or whatever... it will just be Earth, or hey... the universe, OK I may be going a bit far but still... I believe everyone who proves themselves should be given a chance as a leader no matter age, gender, birth place or.... whatever

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I would have to disagree because all of the things you just mentioned especially religion influence how person thinks. It shouldn’t but as history shows us it does.

What if a politician said that they base their decisions on the issues and the situation but they changed their mind because it would go against what their faith says on the matter?

I wish it was the way you describe but it isn’t otherwise we wouldn’t need laws governing these things.

new topics

top topics

join