It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if Evolution Were True, House Pets Would Have Planned A Coupe By Now

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Mods, if you feel this is about religion then fine, please feel free to move it. But if you read this thread first then you will see that it is not about religion.

I am bringing up a subject that most of us humans already know, at least in our lowrest moment we do. We suck! The truth is that we are pretty worthless. Even in our best moments we still retain our selfishness and our complete inability to love unconditionally. Even in their best moments, cats, dogs, iguanqas, parakeets, any animal really still has this ability. They still love us, always, unconditionally. They sttll meet us at the door, they still are always glad to see us, they still love us when we scold them, or if we look bad, or scare them when we are angry and most of all they love us even though we are destroying their planet.

Foregoing all else, even the humans that abuse them. We have to consider one thing and one thing only. This is their world too, and we are destroying it! Regardless of what side of the fence you are on, evolution or creation we are killing each other, killing the planet that we live on, and we care only about ourselves, those closest to us (if even then) and material items. If they are not planning a coupe, then they should be!

Think about this the next time you put your cute doggie in a cute little tortuous sweater, smack your cat for sharpening its claws or spank your dog for peeing on the floor even though you wouldn't get up to take it out. From what I understand, evolution happens because it is what needs to be done in order to survive. If noone stops us, we will end up killing ourselves, each other and all life plant or animal on this big rock that we call earth.

Animals are much smarter than we think they are. I believe that house pets in particular understand most of what we say. Therefore it is fair to say they understand a good portion of what is said on the news. If they are not planning a coupe, they should be. Yes, I know I already said that but it is possible. If animals could evolve to the point where they could communicate with other animals, monkeys, apes, tigers, lions etc. They would take us over in order to survive and ensure the survival of their species.

Regardless, of your theology or non-theology, we have failed! We are their caretakers because we are superior. The great lie though is that we are superior. The truth is that we are not. We are not capable of the kind of unconditional love that they are, although we profess ourselves to be above instinct, we are not. We kill each other over stupid things, like money and power. What a shame! We are not even worthy of them! Go home, hug your cat, hug your your dog, hug your neighbor, and hug your enemy. And remember, that this world is far bigger than humans and what we think is important! If we blow this then we've blown it bigtime! Don't throw away the lives of those that are superior to us in Many Many Many WAYS!! Next time you rip the babies from their furry little arms, think about it! What if we were their breeding machines one day?? What if they ripped the children from our arms in order to profit from a newspaper ad, and then got back online to encourage TPTB to "bomb (them)" even though it meant our destruction?? What if we had to wait for them to come home from work to feed us and we were completely at their mercy? What then?? What if their ideals and their money and their "things" were worth more than the air that we breathe?? Do we really deserve to be "superior"?

YOU decide!!

edit on 27-9-2012 by britelite1971 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2012 by britelite1971 because: Well, my smartphone that really isn't that smart makes posting online really really difficult.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If you're a typical American debt serf, working every day at a job you don't particularly like... your plight is as bad as your pets'. The only difference is you don't "see" your caretakers for what they are.

You're throwing out the baby with the bathwater when you say it is all of humanity because I can assure you, many people ARE capable of unconditional love and most people don't harm the planet intentionally. Our world has been structured to make us consume, much more than is necessary. It is that excessive consumption (driven by corporations) that does so much damage to our planet.

With that said, I must ask, when do you suppose the human vs corporation/government coup will start? After all, for the most part, it is the corporate world destroying our planet. As human beings, we are better at communication and should be able to be ever more effective than wildlife or even pets at initiating a coup.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

Part of the problem is that we see ourselves as apart from nature, not a part of it. We're just animals too, simply a bit more intelligent. If you look into the other intelligent species on the planet, Dolphins, apes, they have a lot in common with us. For instance dolphins are known to commit what we would consider murder, and chimpanzees actually wage organized battles against rival groups. It seems that higher intelligence comes with its own burden, namely a wider and more nuanced range of behavioral options.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I am not so sure....I have a cat that I am convinced is plotting to take over the world. All he needs is thumbs and someone to drive him around.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Evolution takes millions of years. Modern man has only been around for 50 or 60 thousand years so we haven't been aware long enough to see a evolutionary change.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Evolution is about survival first, thriving second. Domestic house pets definitely survive and most of them thrive. I'd say they've reached an evolutionary plateau until something threatens them as a species.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigertatzen

I am not so sure....I have a cat that I am convinced is plotting to take over the world. All he needs is thumbs and someone to drive him around.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

This is what I think:

In regard to evolution, we've a very clear, concise fossil record that shows definitive lines of adaptation.
The horse, for instance:

As far as house pets are concerned, domesticated animals are prevented from the natural course of selective adaptation in response to their environments because domesticated animal reproduction is managed and controlled by people where people select adaptations and phenotypal expressions bases on their own preference bias.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
My cat was planning a coupe.
I told him to try for a sedan. It's got more room and holds resale value.

edit on 27-9-2012 by badgerprints because: Cause I just can't help it.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Polydactylism, or supernummery digital expression is actually a mutation brought on by direct family inbreeding/incest.

We see it primarily in cats, but it's also expressed in several other animals including humans where brother and sister have produced offspring with each other.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scalded Frog
If you're a typical American debt serf, working every day at a job you don't particularly like... your plight is as bad as your pets'. The only difference is you don't "see" your caretakers for what they are.

You're throwing out the baby with the bathwater when you say it is all of humanity because I can assure you, many people ARE capable of unconditional love and most people don't harm the planet intentionally. Our world has been structured to make us consume, much more than is necessary. It is that excessive consumption (driven by corporations) that does so much damage to our planet.

With that said, I must ask, when do you suppose the human vs corporation/government coup will start? After all, for the most part, it is the corporate world destroying our planet. As human beings, we are better at communication and should be able to be ever more effective than wildlife or even pets at initiating a coup.

Okay, so you tell me. What country are you from?? If you think that animals are stupid, have you Actually EVER had an animal in your home that you allowed yourself to get close to?? Or did you just keep them tied outside (dog) or let loose outside with absolutely no consideration for their wellbeing?? What does corporate America have to do with this?? How do you even know where I am from?? Is everything that you consume and use naturallty made, meaning that you or someone that you know takes it from the land that they directly or indirectly Own?? If not, then I guess that you are a corporate consumer so you tell me!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
My dogs and I have a very good understanding. They are special and I am slave food/treats/attention lady. I feed them raw meats and Blue... and they snuggle me and guard my place. The naked one ( hairless chinese crested) appreciates his little sweaters and halloween costumes. Actually he does.. ROFL.
WHen I get them out he is happy to see them and follows me until I put it on him. I think its a psychological thing. He isnt a little wimp when I give him some "hair".
My beastie.. the one I used to use in my avatar who is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier... gets treated like a kid. This poor trod upon animal has to have a pillow to prop his head on when he naps and has a memory foam bed.. I dont even have a memory foam bed for Gods sake. They have it good with me. If they stage a coup theyll get some owner what wont buy stew beef for their treats or buy them manly tough dog clothing.

If anything.. I am at their mercy and Im glad for it.

Did ya know I have this siamese fighting fish that also has me trained? Yep.. it will eat its food from my finger. My children make fun of me and when they have friends over they make me feed the trained fish.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Part of the problem is that we see ourselves as apart from nature, not a part of it. We're just animals too, simply a bit more intelligent. If you look into the other intelligent species on the planet, Dolphins, apes, they have a lot in common with us. For instance dolphins are known to commit what we would consider murder, and chimpanzees actually wage organized battles against rival groups. It seems that higher intelligence comes with its own burden, namely a wider and more nuanced range of behavioral options.

Thank you for actually having the ability to think outside of yourself! You are so right in many more ways than you even know! The more I see and the more I research, the more that I become convinced that the human species is the only species that is consumed by greed. It is not that I want to see the destruction of the human species, but simply that I want us to wake up and realize what is Really important before we destroy every species on this planet! There is so much more to life than what us humans assign to each other! We are stupid enough to destroy each other over meaningless things, and the truth is that it is not us Americans only (although admittedly alot of us are spoiled brats). The truth is that it is not an American problem, it is a human problem! People that think this is not true, have never allowed themselves to get close enough to animals to realize that....OR they are evil and are afraid of or enjoy abusing animals. And mind you, I am not talking in particular of christians, atheist, buhdist or any religion or non-religion. I have known many people that were religious that did not have any regard or care for animals at all, but yet professed a belief in a creator. If there is a creator, then didn't he or she create animals as well and put humans in charge of them?? (OP of this reply to which I am replying at this point - this is not towards you but towards a reply towards all in general) I thank you for your kindness OP, as many are not so kind

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

You are so right in so many ways! Unfortunately the human animal is the only animal that is consumed by the greed of things I think that we should be held to a higher standard because due to the intelligence gift that we have been given we are capable of affecting so many other species with the decisions that we make. One of my most favorite movie quotes is from the first Spiderman movie several years back, "With great power comes great responsibility".

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My cats have me trained to get up and open the door whenever they want and provide them with free food and free medical care. Don't even ask about the dog. They have found a very workable evolutionary niche for themselves, safe from predators and never hungry...no pet rebellion on the rise in this house.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971

Animals are much smarter than we think they are. I believe that house pets in particular understand most of what we say. Therefore it is fair to say they understand a good portion of what is said on the news. If they are not planning a coupe, they should be. Yes, I know I already said that but it is possible. If animals could evolve to the point where they could communicate with other animals, monkeys, apes, tigers, lions etc. They would take us over in order to survive and ensure the survival of their species.

Beware the Insects !!!!!!!

Human Slaves ........... In An Insect Nation .

Originally posted by britelite1971

Go home, hug your cat, hug your your dog, hug your neighbor, and hug your enemy.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
apparently you've never met my housepets

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I had a few young chimps for one of my kids bday parties ( ChimParty) and they are like having a few drunken mental idiots with super human strength.

Speaking of primates and evolution and all of that good stuff..

When Jane Goodall first observed wild chimpanzees hunting and eating meat nearly 40 years ago, skeptics suggested that their behavior was aberrant and that the amount of meat eaten was trivial. Today, we know that chimpanzees everywhere eat mainly fruit, but are also predators in their forest ecosystems. In some sites the quantity of meat eaten by a chimpanzee community may approach one ton annually. Recently revealed aspects of predation by chimpanzees, such as its frequency and the use of meat as a political and reproductive tool, have important implications for research on the origins of human behavior. These findings come at a time when many anthropologists argue for scavenging rather than hunting as a way of life for early human ancestors. Research into the hunting ecology of wild chimpanzees may therefore shed new light on the current debate about the origins of human behavior.

www-bcf.usc.edu...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

Thanks!
That was Grrreat!!!......and it made me laugh! Cats are actually really smart! The only people that don't know that are the ones that either have their cats as only outside cats or don't have any cats at all!
Truthfully, in so many ways we have so much to learn from animals! I just simply wish that people would wake up! I have brought new animals home and watched them learn to accept each other, understand each other and learn to get along. I sure wish we could learn to do that because what people that oppose this thread don't realize is that when we destroy the other animals on this planet we destroy ourselves also!

Thanks for being one of those that actually gets it! Just maybe, it's not all about us!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Nature (even excluding humans) isnt a bundle of lovely fluffy joyfulness.
Imagine a cat in human form, they would be one of the most unpleasant people you would ever meet, lazy, greedy, they kill for fun and then leave the body laying on the doorstep.
Nature is cruel and uncaring and frankly the fact that humans have survived this far and now not only look after our own species but care for others (something you dont exactly see other species doing) is remarkable.

Animals are great but they arent a Disney cartoon

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join