It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of animal is this??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
IBM

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It looks like the rest of the evidence in the Scott Peterson case just arrived. Hope they fry that bastard. In anycase I think its a headless Penguin which was attacked by a Great White shark of lenght approximatley 15 feet in lenght, possibly a male with two children.

[edit on 23-9-2004 by IBM]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
LOL GOOD ONE HAS 2 KIDS LMAO.....WOW THIS WEBSITE HAS A VIVIDE IMAGINATION

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Looks like a new species of fish.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
It looks like the rest of the evidence in the Scott Peterson case just arrived. Hope they fry that bastard. In anycase I think its a headless Penguin which was attacked by a Great White shark of lenght approximatley 15 feet in lenght, possibly a male with two children.

[edit on 23-9-2004 by IBM]

thats horrible

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'm surprised so many people suggested it could be a foetus of a whale.

What about the claws and "really sharp teeth"?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Does anyone know what this could be?
One Parton resident says,
Another Parton resident told The Whitehaven News: "It seems to have a seal's body, the tail of a whale, fins on top and sides, but also claws and really sharp teeth."

www.whitehaven-news.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
No offense, but this has been talked about here before...I wish I could find the other thread though
Just a heads up!

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thanks Jazzerman, I didn't see that other thread. According to the article, this just happened recently.

If you find it let me know as I am curious on what they found out. I would like to know if it is a hoax or something. I have seen a few other strange looking photos of sea creatures and wondered what the deal was here.

[edit on 10/16/2004 by infinite8]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
No offense, but this has been talked about here before...I wish I could find the other thread though
Just a heads up!

Do you mean today? Cause I have the impression from the link provided that this story was just published in the Whitehaven News today.

I do remember seeing a thread in the past of a similar looking thing, but I do not think it was this and it was debunked.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I have been searching the web and haven't seen this debunked yet. It looks like a strange mix of modern day and prehistoric sea life.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

Just a heads up!

Do you mean today? Cause I have the impression from the link provided that this story was just published in the Whitehaven News today.

I do remember seeing a thread in the past of a similar looking thing, but I do not think it was this and it was debunked.

Oh, sorry, I should have clarified it. It was awhile back on this board (few months maybe
). I remember this exact same picture, so I will try and find the thread.

Edit: I remember someone saying that they thought it was a bloated seal.

[edit on 16-10-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Here is one thread that was locked. I think it was locked because of the other thread on the picture...I will try and find it as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I found a follow up article claiming that it could be a few things. Here are some of what they say it may be. Thanks for finding the thread Jazz, it does look the same. I think the new article is actually the recent explanation of whatever it is.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.whitehaven-news.co.uk...
I wish it were a mini-Nessie but it�s a seal pup in a fairly badly decomposed condition.

�Gases in the body have bloated it out of proportion and the fur and skin in the small areas (flippers) have been scavenged or slipped off.
------------------------------------------------
But later we had this message: �Sirs, I am a representative of the Centre for Fortean Zoology, based in Northants, England. We study unknown and out-of-place animals (www.cfz.org.uk).

�My attention was drawn to your story of the �mini Loch Ness Monster�.

�I have consulted a number of experts, and have come to the conclusion that the photo is actually of a foetal porpoise with desiccation of the pectoral and ventral fins which make them look like claws.
-------------------------------------------------

I would like to see some tests done to confirm that.

[edit on 10/16/2004 by infinite8]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I think that this is a simple animal from our planet. Maiby a FOCA or however it;s called
but it's mother has been expoused to some poluations/radiations when pregnency

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
yes that does look strangely like a prehistoric sea creature i remember when researching prehistoric life finding a picture almost exactly the same as this. I'm sorry i can't remember the name of the creature but if i find it i will post.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It could be a deformed Icthyosaurus, these were like a cross between a pirahana and a dolphin

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Just a heads up!

Maybe this thread?

Mystery Monster Washes Up on Beach

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Looks like a lizard or gecko that died and just bloated up a bit while decomposing to me.

Perhaps a small iguana or newt-like critter.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
O.O Relentless posts here! *sits on Relentless's head* are you following me?

Back to the subject its probably some kind of new bread people havent seen yet... its perfectly normal we cant know about ALL the animals on the planet

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
looks like someone was desperate for attention so the decided to soak one of their jurassic park toys in mud and take their best shot, why no autopsy? hell if i had have found something like that i wouldn't just take pictures, i'd take it home and cut the thing open, find out for myself.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join