It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in Minneapolis business building

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Developing..

At least two are dead and four wounded in shooting at a Minneapolis business
Foxnews.com breaking news
edit on 27-9-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Shooting happened at Accent Signage Systems in North Minneapolis.

A link to the Huffington, surprised its already posted there.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 27-9-2012 by Pegasus2000 because: I phone Spell corrections FAIL!!!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Here are a few more links for the story. Not much has been released, other than the shooter has killed himself.

At least 2 dead in Minneapolis workplace shooting

2 Dead, at least 4 Wounded in Minneapolis shooting
edit on 27/9/12 by Attrei because: Trying to fix the links.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
So the shooter had been fired.

I worked nearby there in Minneapolis and so many people got fired where I worked that even the managers were getting in fights out of fear their jobs were next to get cut.

People think unemployment is 9% of whatever (less in Minneapolis) but it all depends on your income level. If a person makes less than $12,000 a year then unemployment is 50% but that never gets covered in the news.

North Mpls. is considered the "ghetto" in the sense of being African-American primarily and lots of gangs and it got hit the worst in the mortgage collapse and then richer people moved in to start buying the houses -- cheap.

So things are bad - in the 1960s the Black Panthers actually took control of North Minneapolis. Also recently the cops got busted by being bribed by the gangs, etc.

It's Prince's old neighborhood also.

So people struggle and yet the economy is just class warfare against the poor. It's tragic that workers take it so personally against their coworkers and loose all hope in life -- desperate to make a statement.

Jobs are real scarce in North Minneapolis.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I have just come across this shooting story and have discovered that another shooting happened the night before (4 dead) about 11 blocks away!

minnesota.cbslocal.com...

If I was to hazard a guess the two shootings are probably related, what that actually means who can say at this stage but it is absolutely disgusting.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
killed 2 people and shot himself because he was fired?

please

i really hope you dont consider that motive

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
www.denverpost.com...
On Thursday evening, police forced their way into (the shooter's) home ....
Neighbors said a single man lived in the home. Last week, they said, a man was arrested on the house's lawn. He was put in a squad car and kicked the window out, neighbors said.

Yet police say the shooter had no arrest record. Did this mysterious incident a week before have anything to do with the shooting?
edit on 5-10-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
some new info:

www.startribune.com...
dated 12-25-12
Engeldinger's body was found in a chair in the basement, the Glock at his feet. Two live cartridges were in the gun. A bullet was retrieved from his left hand and arm. He fired at least 46 bullets.

It sounds like they are saying he sustained a bullet wound in his hand and arm. Self-inflicted, or are they defensive wounds? This one was also portrayed as a lone nut, but tiny details revealed months later seem to contradict that theory.
edit on 25-12-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join