It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two things......Thing one and Thing Two. Dr. Suess.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

But, if someone, anyone, wishes us to notice a certain thing, is this just not another way to skew our perception?
This is my point, all the many ways our brains obviously operate, which are self evident, and how this may obviously used to control, induce and skew:problem, reaction, solution....

This seems to be the case. If you and I can figure it out, certainly those much smarter than us have been using this phenomenon against us for some time.

We have the urge to analyze and catalog and describe. It's in our nature I think. The problem is nature's tendency to accommodate the observer to the point that "reality" is actually in flux. Our point of view can never be discounted from the "facts".
edit on 29-9-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
and I don't mean to be an as##le here, but the meaning of my OP is what if both what you observe as a blue Taurus and the existence of said car are totally predicated by something other than human and other than obvious or accepted historically or otherwise, so that the happening of both your having been given one, and then observing one because of your perception having been peaked, and even the very existence of one, much less your perception of it, has been totally SET UP, predicated, arranged, etc....

That, really, is what I am writing about here. Let's get past the whole discussion of if it was, and if that means you notice it more....what I am saying, is let's say it was all set up, with knowledge you would notice it more, etc., then what.....and what does that mean to yours and my existence?

The problem is nature's tendency to accommodate the observation to the point that "reality" is actually in flux. Our point of view can never be discounted from the "facts".

Exactly. And it is OUR nature. And this is, again, taken into account, and used. There is a thread, here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

and if I may quote:

“‘But how can they do this, don Juan?’ I asked, somehow angered further by what he was saying. ‘Do they whisper all that in our ears while we are asleep?” “‘No, they don’t do it that way. That’s idiotic!’ don Juan said, smiling. ‘They are infinitely more efficient and organized than that. In order to keep us obedient and meek and weak, the predators engaged themselves in a stupendous manoeuver – stupendous, of course, from the point of view of a fighting strategist. A horrendous manoeuver from the point of view of those who suffer it. They gave us their mind! Do you hear me? The predators give us their mind, which becomes our mind. The predators’ mind is baroque, contradictory, morose, filled with the fear of being discovered any minute now.” Don Juan continues: “‘I know that even though you have never suffered hunger… you have food anxiety, which is none other than the anxiety of the predator who fears that any moment now its manoeuver is going to be uncovered and food is going to be denied. Through the mind, which, after all, is their mind, the predators inject into the lives of human beings whatever is convenient for them. And they ensure, in this manner, a degree of security to act as a buffer against their fear.’

If this is true we are all looking in the wrong direction! the enemy is not your brother or sister! not another country or even no another planet.! The enemy that we must challenge is with us right now! and It is making us numb and weak everyday!

Read more .
Link to source.

They have been here since the beginning of time, they know us better than we know ourselves, they keep us prisoners.

edit on 29-9-2012 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Epic post.....but the thinking you've got going on in this thread is something that's pointed me in different directions of thought. The validity of Empirical evidence. .. How we're given the tools to perceive the invisible. .. How we're "guided" in such a way as to form a predetermined worldview.....For what purpose. .. dare I say for whose purpose? That's partly what fuels my determination of faith. ... Because Empirical ain't enough (for me)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by balanc3

thanks, balanc3, for reading and going down that road with me. I agree completely, and that was a big part of what I was getting at here. Oftentimes, we are so sure, and of course, we have to be, don't we, to carry on....
Living requires we make certain judgements all throughout just one day, from minor to huge. However, what my life experience has taught me, at least, is that many things I based my judgements on for a long time were just assumptions, nothing more. This led me to see that almost everything in our supposed "reality" was based on just that, assumptions. Even science is largely based on what we call "theorms," meaning precisely, theory, not fact.....

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Imagine all the words that relate to a state of being alive, of living: consciousness: entity, being, person, lifeform, individual, life, and "to live," etc....and then imagine the language, the words, as, well, what it is and they are: a mechanism to describe and attribute meaning. They key to this as a means of communication of meaning and inetent, expression of thought, is that there is an agreed upon consensus of meaning which we call definition...

But what if you took those words apart and found, phoenetically, or separated them differently than written, and found a simpler meaning there, to the woe of all of us,and then what would you find in Webster's, and BTW, wasn't one of the devil's names Daniel Webster?

Take live, as a word, for example...as someone pointed out to me long ago, live reversed is evil.
A
Perhaps this is one of the oldest conspiracies. Con-spir-a-cy: A spire is the top of a church. A CON is obvious, is it not.....the Ey= A, and "cy" perhaps "psy-ops."

Here, we come to the obvious duality and paradoxical nature of life, whatever this may mean where we are and who we are, what we are, and perhaps even the repetitive, cyclical nature of it at least, I described it somewhat accurately.....I hope.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Heaven, hell, God, the devil, drugs, alcohol, sex, music, marriage,accomplishment, thievery, altruism, charity,love, hate, death....

We are led to believe there must be evil to have good, pain to have joy, sadness to kmow happiness, etc... that there must be a coin and two sides, or a spectrum with opposites on each end, a vang to balance.....

I believe that evven in the sense of physics, this is only because we have been inculcatedn to think it cannot be ay other way. And this is the chessboard God and the Devil sit at, with our lives as pawns and knights, etc. for their entertainment.

Observe a compass, and just the letters we use to denote each direction: helpint us to determine our location---where we are, and where we may be going, if anywhere, for we all hope we are arriving and struggling to GET somewhere else.....

N E W S
They are the same letter, if turned upright, and then sideways, if you were to draw them, softening the angles.

In physics and piezomontology, there is something with this, a reversal of current, a trick, if you will, a polarity reversal, that causes a reversal in the electromagnetic field, which, influences everything about our perception, influencing what we determine as "truth," as we perceive it.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by balanc3

I am intrigued.....you alluded to "whose purpose," care to expound upon that?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I am not sure how to jump in to this train of thought.... but.... I want to at least try.

Each "thing" permeates and its up to the eye of the holder what it actually see's. Perception to the individual will describe what the visible tells them and so many times the invisible is not described, therefor he has to seek and search for it. It's the mysteries of the invisible I personally find fascinating.

I like looking and searching for the root. Where is it? Most importantly WHY is it?

When pondering on whose purpose of the why I simply always come back to "my purpose" is.....

and this purpose is why I see the visible and seek the invisible. To me seeking knowledge is easy, wisdom is harder, but it must be done. For me, anyway.

What I observe and experience is truly unique to me, and others do not have the same journey, which is pretty cool in one sense and another can be frustrating.

My senses are all I have to work with at present time, so trusting my own senses is important. How do I trust my senses? Why do I trust them? Its all I have to work with and so important to me is to fine tune each and every sense how I see fit in order to not only capture the visible, but capture the invisible as well.

Being born a mystic, its no mystery as to WHY I love seeking the invisible and questioning.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thanks, MamaJ, for your kind attention to this thread. I must return later with a reply, however--and I did make one to you in the other thread--don't know if you had time to see it. But know that I will respond later this evening when my schedule permits.
Again, thanks for sharing your thoughts and wisdom.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Yes, and in the other thread you brought up "perception," quite a bit, as well, which was a big reason why I was interested in your take on what I wrote about here--which really, I'm not sure you quite addressed, or at least on the more abstract level I was seeking.

You see, and, in fact, just those words, is what i am seeking to shed some light upon here. We could go on all day about physics and perception, the stock market and perception, etc. because that's how wide an arc this thing we call perception encompasses. And my point in this OP, is that though we use empiricism as our most reliable mechanism for discernment, and therefore even the simplest judgements throughout a day to just proceed through normal activities, what would it mean if empiricism, itself, had become a falsified mechanism?

There are many ways this could be done. Either a manipulation of your own brain/eye and assimilation of what it sees and interprets, remotely done to you physically. Or CGI, for instance. Or the motion capture technology now used in the film industry, among other places.... I think you can see my point here.

This is a quote from my original post that I think shows you what I am getting at most concisely:

It is really just that simple, isn't it? If I can make you see or not see something, then I can control what you consider to be "true," can I not? And then If I can control your perception of "time," then I can reset it, spin it, do absolutely anything I want with it, and therefore, totally define what we consider "reality," can't I?

Let's take what you said here:

What I observe and experience is truly unique to me, and others do not have the same journey, which is pretty cool in one sense and another can be frustrating.

And look at that this way, for a moment. There is no real way of knowing if that is true or not, but you are approaching this from more of a philosophical angle than I. But what I am suggesting here, is that you still really may not know what it is you observe, and this effects how you perceive what you are experiencing. The OP is suggesting that our entire environment, and us within it, are almost enirely mechanically manipulated, so that you believe absolutely what you wrote. And with each one of us being given different information, we can hardly be expected to co exist, much less survive as a species, much less let go of our egos for they are even more necessary for the discernment in an environment I describe for you to survive, physically and emotionally. But it also means that a perfect argument and scenario for the creation of a technological singularity that would give us all a single hive mind would be the only way any lack of conflict could be achieved.

And then this, in turn, means that there will be no individual survival of the uniqueness of life, and even more manipulation of it down the line, to the point, it cannot be breached nor fought.
edit on 17-3-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

The OP is suggesting that our entire environment, and us within it, are almost enirely mechanically manipulated, so that you believe absolutely what you wrote.

def know: to perceive or understand as fact or truth
def observe: to see watch perceive

In respect to your sentence above what I perceive, what I observe, I know
It is truth insomuch as I validate it against my previous "know" of what that truth is.
If I see in a dream a "god figure" asleep dreaming of myriad lives unfolding (yours and mine)
does that mean that we are a dream and not real. Not necessarily so. We are alive in gods dream. We interact with each other.
I am reminded of the kabalistic Tzimtzum
from en.wikipedia.org...

Because the Tzimtzum results in the "empty space" in which spiritual and physical Worlds and ultimately, free will can exist, God is often referred to as "Ha-Makom" (המקום lit. "the Place", "the Omnipresent") in Rabbinic literature ("He is the Place of the World, but the World is not His Place"[2]). In Kabbalistic interpretation, this describes the paradox of simultaneous Divine presence and absence within the vacuum and resultant Creation. Relatedly, Olam — the Hebrew for "World/Realm" — is derived from the root עלם meaning "concealment". This etymology is complementary with the concept of Tzimtzum, in that the subsequent spiritual realms and the ultimate physical universe, conceal to different degrees the infinite spiritual lifeforce of creation. Their progressive diminutions of the Divine Ohr (Light) from realm to realm in creation, are also referred to in the plural as secondary tzimtzumim (innumerable "condensations/veilings/constrictions" of the lifeforce). However, these subsequent concealments are found in earlier, Medieval Kabbalah. The new doctrine of Luria advanced the notion of the primordial withdrawal (a dilug - radical "leap"), in order to reconcile a causal creative chain from the Infinite, with finite Existence

Sure, maybe we are code/software in a machine or god-machine or
Picture this, a pendulum like device where in one side are the good actions in the other the bad actions
as the pendulum swings up or down due to the actions within that bucket or the other bucket there is "god" or a machine feeding of the energies created, a special energy given off by "humans"
We eat plants animals for energy. What if there are other entities that feed off us?
Is it so far fetched?

From Philosphy en.wikipedia.org...

"Nihilism can also take epistemological or metaphysical/ontological forms, meaning respectively that, in some aspect, knowledge is not possible, or that reality does not actually exist. The term nihilism is sometimes used in association with anomie to explain the general mood of despair at a perceived pointlessness of existence that one may develop upon realising there are no necessary norms, rules, or laws.[2] Movements such as Futurism and deconstruction,[3] among others, have been identified by commentators as "nihilistic" at various times in various contexts."

we can be made to appear to be anything, absolutely, that whomever is in control of those things, wishes us to be.......

lightworkers.org...

This Spirit is not touched or affected by situations or circumstances. It means that from the viewpoint of the Spirit, karma and reincarnation are illusory. When one is able to realize this understanding on a deep level, one goes beyond karma and reincarnation. When the Consciousness of the Spirit is "awakened", through concentration and meditation, one realizes that he is an integral part of the eternal and undivided Spirit. He experiences a Spiritual Awakening, and then both reincarnation lose their meaning power and reality

Why cant Anomie within a "love" paradigm be a viable alternative? Who imposes these laws. I did not consent at birth to be born into this slavery. Or maybe I was an unruly soul in a previous incarnation and thats why I am in this slave world, to learn the value of freedom again. We strive to overcome the Veil Of Forgetfullness, to aspire to our true soul (not-self) where their is no duality

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
(didnt format correctly)

Why cant Anomie within a "love" paradigm be a viable alternative? Who imposes these laws. I did not consent at birth to be born into this slavery. Or maybe I was an unruly soul in a previous incarnation and thats why I am in this slave world, to learn the value of freedom again. We strive to overcome the Veil Of Forgetfullness, to aspire to our true soul (not-self) where their is no duality

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheConstruKctionofLight

(didnt format correctly)

Wise words, and a good question. I think you answerred it yourself in some way, when you ask who imposes these laws...Nor did I consent. And all I can take away from it is holding onto the idea of "spirit," you quoted from Lightworkers and trying to keep myself away from the cliff of nihilism.

I wrote this thread, and another along the same lines, as a proposal to those thinking about these things that this system of "duality," dichotomy and paradox is a sort of proof of the mechanized, controlled and propogated "reality" in which we find ourselves. I believe the science to support it: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, for one, came later, as a means of supporting and backing up this paradigm. It may, in fact, not be true at all, but simply one of those theories that is the basis for all the other theories that come after, and if weren't true, poison the whole that comes after in our assumptive theories about the way things work......when they might not work that way at all, but are used to keep us dancing to the same old tune, so to speak.

Why can't love BE the anomie of a paradigm that is revealed that would never seek to control or possess--for what we are living now is all about control and possession, and they are stand-ins for what passes as love, today, but really has nothing to do with it.

But what your words, more than anything, give to me is comfort, that there are many here who know where we are is artificial, and perhaps made this way because something is feeding off of our negativity, that comes when we realize our total helplessness, the nihilism. This is comforting because the more who realize that and embrace it as truth, the more hope we have of not arriving at the nihilism and providing our emotions for whatever needs this from us.....

Thanks for reading and commenting.
Tetra50

top topics

<< 1   >>

join