It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new movie coming about the Pharmaceutical Industry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Watching Leno the other night, a guest was on speaking about a new movie he is working on.

This movie will focus on the Medical and Pharmaceutical Industry, and the methods of their profit motive at all costs.

It is beyond common knowledge that a public outcry for drug relief is in effect, especially when seniors are the most taken advantage of and at risk. We hear about it most in election years. We all know the medical insurance industry is screwed up, regardless how many people have relied on it's presence. We all know the doctors are being sued out-of-business, by over zealous attorneys looking to cash in on malpractice lawsuits. Have you ever heard of someone being denied treatment or drugs by an HMO becouse they wer not sick enough?

Just too many reasons to know that our medical system is in dire need of rehab, from top to bottom.

Hopefully this upcoming release will be a powerful enough of a movie to at least to instigate the beginning of some real reform.

This particular Interviewee, who's last movie was a smash success if you only look at the half a billion dollars it will rake in, was IMO a great example of the First Amendment applied. Didnt necessarily agree with it all, but I did find it very interesting especially when observing the reactions and comments of people who watched it, and those that shunned even entertaining the idea.

If this next movie is half as "public-emotion-stirring" as the last, I will admit it is something for me to look forward to.

edit- just realized that Mike Moore's upcoming movie had already been posted here in the forums,.... my bad

[edit on 16-10-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hey, smirkley, we've all done it at one time or another...

here's the link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

join