Cherokee Nation Chief is obviously not of Native American ancestry, just look at him.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Since the region known as the United States was probably not the "cradle of life" or human origin, there is no true Native human lineage as far as this area is concerned, many different people came from many different places and populated the area, later to be lumped together as "Native Americans" or what we use to call indians when I was a kid.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
He's got the nose, that's for sure. I'm over half Cherokee and he and I have similar chins, noses (though mine isn't THAT big), foreheads and brows, and I can tell if he was thinner, we would have similar cheek bones.

He definitely isn't dark enough. You can tell he is Cherokee for sure, though.
edit on 28-9-2012 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I should also add many Caucasians in the Appalachias have Cherokee ancestry, they tried to hide it by claiming 'Black Irish' which is also what many Melungeons also claim. Many are trying to rediscover their roots that has been witheld from them.....some may be over eager....some are legit....you can never tell by looks anymore.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wascurious

AWW Cmon Bro Look around his eyes, hes definitely Cherokee bro

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I am 3rd generation Oklahoma,which by default means my Great Grandmother's family were Boomers, which means we were in the land run. I know to some of you this makes me an "Okie-Zionist" land thief.

I am also, I beleive 1/8th Cherokee. I am not on the rolls. The rest of my ethnicity can be traced back to Germany, Ireland, Scotland, and the Netherlands. I am about as white as one can be.....unless I get some sun, then I look pretty red-brown.

Just about everyone in this state can trace back some native american blood.

"Okie Zionist" that's pretty good.
I have been on the Isreal threads to much this week.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyetoeye

AWW Cmon Bro Look around his eyes, hes definitely Cherokee bro

I have eyes like that and both my parents side were fully European

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Native American Haplo groups

A, B, C, D and X

Haplo group X comes from the Caucuses

Nothing to see here, some Natives have Caucasian ancestry

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Do all of you that claim to be at least 10% native get a check in the mail?

Or do you claim to be part native because your grandma was supposedly a Indian princess back in the day?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Actually I see a lot of indian features in the guy..

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious
So Scott Brown can tell Elizabeth Warren is not of any Cherokee lineage just by looking at her?
What does the Cherokee Chief have to say about that?

Gosh I have no idea. This guy is too white to ask. Isn't he?

He looks cherokee to me.. I'm cherokee, and sioux, close to 25% combined.. Used to think I was Navajo, but finally tracked down the records of my 100% sioux ancestor named Standing Bear..

Here's a little hint.. Look at his skin quality, and his facial hair.. I can almost kind of a little bit grow a weak mustache that people laugh at and I'm not far off from 30..

Cherokee aren't really that dark. I'm darker than white people and especially if I get tan I can almost look mexican, but when I'm not tan my skin can look white. If you could see me I look just like the typical american..

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Do all of you that claim to be at least 10% native get a check in the mail?

Or do you claim to be part native because your grandma was supposedly a Indian princess back in the day?

oohh insulting.. I don't claim any government money for anything, except college money (as a white guy). And I have relatives who to this day do not use plates or silver ware.. I Know my past.. I am also half German. One side of my family started in America from England in the South Eastern North Carolina mountains... Cherokee country.. Other side moved from Germany right before WWII.. Fought against their native country.. Built bridges in the war ahead of the infantry invading Germany.

Maybe you feel lame to be white? Find out who your ancestors were. It's fun. It can teach you many things about the way you act.
edit on 9/29/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The number of posters in this thread still responding to the title without even bothering to read the very short OP just look so incredibly stupid posting the same attacks that made no sense the first time I shoved them all back down your throats.

Everyone responding to the OP as if I am Scott Brown, you should refrain from voting in November.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I read your OP. I understood it. you can choose the style of your post, and I can choose mine.. It wasn't telling you anything, it was just to post my thoughts.

If an OP is sarcastic or not quite to the point, I get to post back like I did...

Poke.

get it?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Neither....

mine are on the 1880's North Carolina Cherokee census. I don't get any money....

Many hid it Govenor Plecker of Virginia tried label all Melungeon/Natives as Black on their birth certificates....so they would be prevented from marrying whites..

My family is White/Melungeon/Native.......Melungeon is a mystery within itself.... I still think they are descendants of Hernando De Soto's settlements in the Appalachias....

Sacridossis (sp?) In my family doesn't come from Germans...or Natives..

Sorry a bit off topic....but these family legends come from family who wanted their children to know their ancestry without fully exposing themselves....at a time when it wasn't acceptable. We were 'Black Irish'....but I found little Irish...and lots of German Melungeon...and Indian.

Why Irish? The Spanish Armada myth.....how many considerd Black Irish claimed they were descendants of Spaniards mixing in Ireland...when infact its a mix in the new world mix.

You just can't tell someones ancestry

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

I read your OP. I understood it. you can choose the style of your post, and I can choose mine.. It wasn't telling you anything, it was just to post my thoughts.

If an OP is sarcastic or not quite to the point, I get to post back like I did...

Poke.

get it?

I have no idea what you are talking about. I never even addressed you.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Yeah, but my grandpa was white, he wasn't my blood grandpa but he was the only one I ever knew. He didn't say that phrase to be rude, he used to say it as a joke, when somebody looked like him and claimed Native. They all just laughed along with him.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Cherokee Nation Chief is obviously not of Native American ancestry, just look at him.

Yea some of us blue eyed blond hair Cherokee kind of throws a wrench in the plan. Im 1/8th Cherokee from both my mom's and dad's side. Grandma on my mom's side was 1/2 Cherokee, grandpa was English/German. Grandma on my pa's side was 1/8th Cherokee the rest German, grandpa was German. Yep every one in my household had brown to black hair and brown eyes. Me on the other hand Platinum blonde and blue eyes, I always thought I was the milkman's kid

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I think what you're actually hitting on is the whole idea of "authenticity."

Growing up on the rez and dealing with alcoholism and poverty aren't the only Native American stories and experiences out there. Growing up on the rez and dealing with alcoholism and poverty don't make a person more native than someone who didn't have that experience. This is stereotyping anyway.

Often people have this whole conception of an "authentic" or "real" Indian is in their head. This concept is usually developed from mainstream media, racism and often relies on stereotypical images and knowledge. This concept is what usually leads people to say that people don't look native, or to provide a description of what is is to be "culturally" native. These judgements are invalid, and particularly when used within our communities serve a destructive purpose and people become divided. A person need not dress in all the stereotypes with beads and buckskin and feathers, but within mainstream culture due to issues within the education system, we sometimes feel that we will only be recognized if we dress that way!

Check out this website... it's a spoken word poem made into a video by Cherokee/Greek author Thomas King.

I'm Not the Indian You Had in Mind

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The New England Historical Genealogical Society initially announced in May 2012 that it had found evidence for Warren's claims,
but later recanted, saying, "We have no proof that Elizabeth Warren’s great-great-great-grandmother O.C. Sarah Smith either is or is not of Cherokee descent."

en.wikipedia.org...

She listed herself as white at 2 universities, unspecified at another 2, and Native American at 1, the only one in which it mattered that she was "ethnically diverse", or not white.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

What the hell are you going on about? Your offensive post to me is based upon you assuming I'm a Caucasian Australian. Here's some news for you - I was'nt born in Australia and I do have Canadian indigenous blood running through my vains (among other racial groups) yet I still don't regard my self as Native Canadian.

There are a number of Native American tribes that don't accept less than 1/4 indigenous. Fact is, all Native Americans/Native Canadians/Native Americas originated from Asia and almost all Polynesians including Maori have the same Asian bloodlines. Ancestors of Maori originated from a South American native tribe. The Australian Aboriginals carry bloodlines of Polynesians including African and Indian (India) bloodlines. All Caucasians including Native Americans carry an ancestrial bloodline to Asia by both the White and Oriental Hung.

Sorry pal but we are all connected by a common Asian bloodline. Yes, Caucasians have a barbaric past but so do the Native Americans who also slaughtered many of their own through many tribal wars.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Close.....
In fact the Australian early peoples are not "part Indian"..it is the Indians/Tamals etc, that are part Australian peoples.
The Australian first peoples are THE OLDEST continuous culture of Man...Not one of the oldest...THE OLDEST...older than African tribes, older than all others.
Their Dreamtime tell, THEY are the first Humans on Earth, and all the Indians/Egyptians and other Brown peoples are the Descendants of them.
Who's to say they are not correct...why is it that ancient Rock art and cave paintings are as old, if not older in Australia, than in Europe and Africa?
Many Pure blood Aboriginal children are born with Blonde, sandy brown and ginger hair...full bloods of 1000s of generations of history.
Makes you think if many Human Migration "Theories" are correct.

Maori's trace their lineage to Ethnic peoples of Taiwan...who are not "Chinese" btw.

You American Indians have got it easy.....Ive got Neanderthal blood in my genes....Ever heard of affirmative action for Neaderthals? Or Neanderthal High school? or Neanderthal University?
I demand Neanderthal rights!!!...(Forget the Afro blacks and American Indians).......When Do we want it? Now!! woop woop woop.
Yes you can!!!!.

exclusive video

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join