It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playing with FIRE.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is going to be a short thread as I just want to see how many people feel the same way. From my perspective, as an outside observer of the world, so to speak. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am rather sheltered and most of what I see of the world is from behind a computer screen. It seems as if, on a global scale, people are playing with fire and/or various other elements that they do not really understand. Even in daily life I can see this and sympathize with it but why take it to a global level?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corporate Providence
This is going to be a short thread as I just want to see how many people feel the same way. From my perspective, as an outside observer of the world, so to speak. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am rather sheltered and most of what I see of the world is from behind a computer screen. It seems as if, on a global scale, people are playing with fire and/or various other elements that they do not really understand. Even in daily life I can see this and sympathize with it but why take it to a global level?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I would not recommend it... along with running with scissors.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Corporate Providence

It seems as if, on a global scale, people are playing with fire and/or various other elements that they do not really understand. Even in daily life I can see this and sympathize with it but why take it to a global level?

This is especially true regarding nuclear energy.
Japan being the current example of how human fallacy far outweighs our cleverness.

A lot of people see the industrial revolution as the true beginning of a modern, civilized age, but look at all the misery these weapons, vehicles and other 'conveniences' have brought us.

For every advancement, there is a compromise.

Better medicine means populations explode...
Better weapons mean bigger threats from adversaries...
Faster transportation means higher risk of injury and death.

There's no escaping nature's balance.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Progress might turn out to be going backwards to a time when we grew the food we ate and rebuilt our neighbors barn if it burnt down. A true community effort to take care of each other in our own little world that we built with our hands. It seems more likely every day.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corporate Providence

Because it's a global problem! The www. has made the world and it's problems accessible to anyone with a cellphone. As human kind becomes increasingly interconnected; now we can truly be brothers.

What Fire are we playing with?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

this is true the internet can connect people but from what i have seen it just seems to be many different egos clashing.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
I would not recommend it... along with running with scissors.

Actually, that wasn't a bad book. I would recommend.

Although I have heard that if you make a funny face, it might stay that way forever.

I somehow suspect OP was thinking of something a bit more specific, with their comment. But yeah, I see all kinds of people, all the time, smiling and laughing and thinking they won't get burned. Short-sightedness is a curse.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

lmao, i know all too well.

top topics

join