Originally posted by Imtor
So what is this Aviary?
That's a good question, but the answer is fairly controversial and will depend on the views of the person you ask.
It's being discussed by various people at the moment in a thread recently started here on
ATS by "The Gut"
). I wish I had the time to fully participate in that thread, but have a few things I'm trying to finish so I've got rather
limited time to formulate and post views there.
The basic answer is that "the Aviary" refers to various individuals, most of whom were members of the military or intelligence community, that had
contact with ufologist William ("Bill") Moore in the 1980s to whom Bill Moore gave bird "codenames", such as Falcon.
The fun and games begin when you try to work out WHY those people were in contact with Bill Moore and the extent (and nature) of their interactions
with one another:
(1) Some people think that these people were just individuals with a personal interest in parapsychology/UFOs/remote viewing/spoonbending etc, while
(2) Some others view "the Aviary" as akin to an MJ-12 group i.e. in possession of "THE TRUTH" about alien visitations and are:
(a) seeking to keep that knowledge from the public by spreading disinformation, or
(b) seeking to release that information to the public, slowly (so as to avoid a social/political/economic/religious crisis)
(b) seeking to test how the public would react to the release of information if they choose to release it.
(3) Still others argue that the members of the Aviary have no secret knowledge of (or real interest in) aliens and only participate in the ufo
community for professional reasons completely distinct from any concern in extraterrestrials, e.g.
(a) to encourage belief in UFOs to hide secret projects and/or
(b) to test how novel ideas can be spread and/or
(c) as part of counter-intelligence operations and/or
(d) to get inspiration for non-lethal technologies and/or
(e) numerous other speculated reasons...
(4) Yet others imply that some or all members of the Aviary have no secret knowledge of (or real interest in) aliens and only participate in the ufo
(a) to make money,
(b) for the amusement value of it all.
The above categories are written off the top of my head - I'm sure they are not exhaustive and more would occur to me if I spend more time on a proper
If you plug "the Aviary" into Google in combination with Moore's name (possibly adding Richard Doty) you'll find LOTS of different views on the above
- much of it nonsense and/or written in a rather irritating style (e.g. referring to everyone by pseudonym but giving enough details of the relevant
individual to make it obvious who the person is). The Gut's thread will give you plenty of reading and links.
Oh, and ATS has links to several members of the Aviary...
(You may see now why I've been reluctant to start posting views on each of the various theories that have arisen, or could be raised, in The Gut's
thread! Add in the complicating factor that you really need to consider each individual member of the Aviary separately and you've got a fairly large
topic on your hands...).
Hours of fun for all the family.
Anyway, as I say, many of these issues are being discussed in The Gut's thread
. I may
do a thread myself some day on the Aviary - but probably not for another year or two.
edit on 28-9-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason