It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare book by C B Scott Jones ("Aviary" member) now a free download

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Various members of "the Aviary" (currently being discussed in a thread recently started here on ATS by "The Gut") have written books and articles about ufology. Some of those books are easy to obtain (and I have several of them), while some are a bit harder to purchase.

In relation to the latter, I have recently contacted C B Scott Jones and obtained his permission to upload a scanned copy of his book "Phoenix in the Labyrinth" to a free file storage website.

This book contains the text of a collection of lectures by C B Scott Jones. It is difficult to obtain via second-hand book sellers (including Amazon, Abebooks etc).

The Archives for UFO Research in Sweden ("the AFU") have promptly responded to a request I made for them to scan this book from their enviable collection.

(I have over 1,000 UFO/SETI books in my personal collection, but the AFU's more extensive collection makes my little library look rather feeble! It's enough to give a man collection-envy).

Due to the AFU's work in promptly scanning the book, a searchable PDF copy of C B Scott Jones' book "Phoenix in the Labyrinth" is now available to download (with the permission of its author) from the free file storage website at the link below:
min.us...

As many of you probably know, C B Scott Jones has been discussed in several books and on quite a few websites in the context of "the Aviary" (being referred to in those discussions as "Chickadee" and/or the infamous "Falcon") and his work as an aide to Senator Pell.

Relevant webpages include:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.veritasradio.com...
www.raven1.net...

C B Scott Jones has also also discussed by the authors of several UFO books, including by:

(1) Robert M Collins (with Doty, Richard C and Cooper, Timothy S) in “Exempt From Disclosure” (2006) at page 8 (in Section 1, Chapter 1) of the Peregrine Communications softcover second edition.

(2) Steven Greer in his “Hidden Truth – Forbidden Knowledge” (2006) at page 99 (in Chapter 13) of the Crossing Point softcover edition.

(3) George P Hansen in his “The Trickster and the Paranormal” (2001) at pages 228, 239-241, 244, 457, 459 of the Xlibris softcover edition.

(4) Jim Schnabel in his “Remote Viewers : The Secret History of America’s Psychic Spies” (1997) at pages 272-273 (in Chapter 18) of the Dell paperback edition.

The book includes details of C B Scott Jones' views on various topics and his interaction with the UFO community, including during a trip to China when he met with UFO researchers and obtained details of sightings there:

In my recent pleasant exchanges with C B Scott Jones, I asked whether he would like to provide any direct comment on any of the speculation and theories that surround him and other members of "the Aviary", with a view to my including those comments in this post. While he did not respond to that aspect of the relevant email, I think his views on those theories are implicit in his book, including in the following extracts:

Page 11 of the PDF (page 4 of the book):

"Frankly, I do not have any direct knowledge that there is any
inside govemment information. I don't consider this to be a
handicap, rather it is an essential liberating condition for
me. If I had inside information, I would not be here
tonight. Technically, I could be speaking on this subject if I
had information, but this would be in the role, perhaps, as an
agent of disinformation. But, ethically, I could not do this."

Page 29 of the PDF (page 22 of the book):

"Question: Comments on the authenticity of the MJ -12 documents.
Answer: I have perhaps the same amount of information that
those of you who have followed that. I simply do not know
whether it is authentic or not. I sort of flounder to think
of what additionally can be done beyond that which Bill Moore
and the others have done to authenticate the document. Recall
that the document itself is not a document as such. It is
not a piece of paper. It was on film. And so, paper testing and
so on cannot be done. The efforts of content analysis, that
has been done accomplished so far, fails to prove that it is not
authentic, but it also fails to prove. That is in my view.

C B Scott Jones asked me to include the following brief notice in the PDF copy of his book, which I'll include here as well for good measure:

The author is currently involved in global peace work that involves extraterrestrial cultures. Details of this work may be seen at www.peaceroom.com. The specific programs are Plan C that promotes a pre-disclosure global dialogue about the anticipated consequences of formal disclosure of Earth/Extraterrestrial contact, and the Outer Space Security and Development Treaty.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
In the link it says the name of book & author but says it doesn't exist or is unavailable.It could just be my android will try on my PC.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
In the link it says the name of book & author but says it doesn't exist or is unavailable.It could just be my android will try on my PC.

Do you mean this link?
minus.com...

It works for me.

Anyone else have any problems?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the book Isaac!

The link works fine.
I'm not familiar with this person at all so I don't have any other comments right now.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Excellent!

Thanks so much Issac.....

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Mucho gracias. Of course it means one more book in a long queue at the moment. If that sounds like a gripe, it's only at myself for being so lacking in ability to collate all the information I'm absorbing into a logical thesis to share.

Your previous pointers to me have proven fruitful, and I will say that my current view of Cmdr. Jones is that he is an idealist and, as such, seems somewhat at odds with the seeming intentions of some of the other birds.

Therein lies some clues I hope. Again: Thank You Isaac...I've written the Queen recommending you for Knighthood in recognizance of your indubitable contributions to Ufology. I jest about the Queen Mum, of course, but not about your most-excellent contributions.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Yeah thanks! Will post comments soon.

The material that Zecharia Sitchin has put together in his recent book, Genesis Revised has a strong sense of inside knowledge and good research . The book is about an intemational . team hammering out a two page set of guidelines entitled , Declaration of Principles Concerning Activities Following the Detection of Extraterrestrial Intelligence.

P. 50 C. B. Scott Jones, Phoenix in the Labyrinth.

Umm. -- Zecharia Sitchin has been thoroughly debunked and also he has some connections that raise red flags.

So this favorable mention of Sitchin is disturbing to say the least. I realize a lot of people drank the Sitchin Kool-aid but I know I've personally done my best to pass on the debunking of Sitchin - Michael Heiser's website for one -- and I think the Sitchin fever has gone down considerably.

Still you got C. B. Scott Jones going to China and ostensibly doing "hard science" ufo research and then almost immediately after reporting on his China investigation he promotes Sitchin.

I mean I guess it's similar to some of the other "nuts and bolts" wackos. Sorry wacko is a strong term but I won't name names although it should be obvious.

In the United States I assume that up to this point all detailed knowledge in government about contacts with ETs has been held to a small number of individuals exclusively in the Executive branch.

p. 119.

Seriously? Has it come to this? haha. Wow so far I haven't seen any evidence for the author to make such an assumption that even ETs exist much less have contacts with "exclusively" the Executive branch.

There is, as Zecharia Sitchin has documented in his book, Genesis Revisited , the provocative statements of President Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev concerning the possibility of joint response to some outside threat to the Earth.

p. 155. So this really seems to be the thrust of the book -- and would appear to be "milking" this political psychological operation as a done deal -- which fits in with the whole Aviary agenda apparently -- i.e. the author assuming this E.T. "threat" is real and what to do about it, etc.

His chapter on miscegenation -- and stating that Aliens are breeding with humans and this proves that the various human races really are not that different after all.

Wow that's some twisted logic if I've ever heard it -- and his suggestion that alien abductions reflect subconsciously this previous master-slave status relation of whites and non-whites. O.K. but he seems to have turned this around! As if it no longer matters that the whites have been practicing genocide against nonwhites and suddenly the whites need to accept being the "slave" of the E.T.s -- or make the best of it. he says -- how different it would be if the alien abductions were done by the good looking tall blonde aliens instead of the creepy grays.

Again some twisted logic there -- it would seem more likely to me that the "alien" abduction subconscious fears are not a projection of past racism onto the E.T.s -- but rather a projection of current racism onto the imaginary aliens.

Yeah so then C.B. Scott Jones acknowledges that E.T.s might be disinformation to cover up "multidimensional" secret military technology -- but he certainly doesn't pursue this angle. Instead he goes right back into attempting to get the U.S. government to "disclose" about their secret contact with the E.T.s.

edit on 27-9-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fulllotusqigong
Yeah so then C.B. Scott Jones acknowledges that E.T.s might be disinformation to cover up "multidimensional" secret military technology -- but he certainly doesn't pursue this angle. Instead he goes right back into attempting to get the U.S. government to "disclose" about their secret contact with the E.T.s.

Yeah, considering the backgrounds and interests both personally and professionally of these guys, that angle, or some derivative, does propose a thesis that can't be handily dismissed.

Col. Alexander, along with a lot of the rest of the posse, as well as our government for the last 50 years, do have a long and firmly-held rather intense interest in electromagnetic/ELF effects on the brain. Electromagnetic manipulation of the brain does have an empirical relationship to OBEs. And, further, in his new book Col. Alexander practically steals the words out of Jacques Vallee's mouth when he gives his opinion on what these "non-human higher-intelligences" are and he doesn't think they are E.T.

Have they, or do they think they have found some answers? UFOs, Remote Viewing, PSI, ELFs, Altered States, Neuroscience, MK-ULTRA connections GALORE, Shamanistic Excursions, Spoon-Bending, Abductions...I'm tellin' ya, there's more to this story than meets the eye.

edit on 27-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Thanks, downloading for printing

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Thank you very much, Isaac! The link works and the scan is excellent.

Your work and contribution to history of ufology is invaluable and highly appreciated.
I am very much looking forward to the new threads you are preparing, as you mentioned in the The Gut's Aviary thread.

With respect,
stiver

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stiver
Thank you very much, Isaac! The link works and the scan is excellent.

Your work and contribution to history of ufology is invaluable and highly appreciated.

Many thanks for the kind words, but I'd like to stress that the book was scanned by the AFU (with the permission of C B Scott Jones). I just asked the author for his permission and asked the AFU to do the scanning.

I'll pass on compliments about the scan (from posts here and also from the author) to the AFU.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Thank-you indeed Mr Koi & AFU, I am following THE GUT's thread closely and find it one of the best one's on this site - hands down.

Your posts, like others, are certainly not going unnoticed, by me anyway.

edit on 28-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Of course it means one more book in a long queue at the moment.

I know that feeling...

Your previous pointers to me have proven fruitful,

I'm glad you found that the case.

By the way, have you read Vallee's UFO novel - "Fastwalker"? (I think people tend to have read some or all of his non-fiction UFO books, but not necessarily his novel). Given the issues you are exploring in relation to the Aviary and the views you seem to have formed, I'd recommend adding that to your queue as well.

(You'll have seen Vallee's name appear in relation to the Aviary and you've already posted some of the extracts from the second volume of Vallee's Forbidden Science journals detailing some of his interaction with Kit Green).

Vallee's novel is rather fun, seeming to deliberately mix fact and fiction relating to the Aviary as if toying with those that are familiar with the conspiracy theories surrounding the Aviary.

For a novel, it contains a LOT of exposition about actual UFO personalities and CIA projects. That novel includes a secret group that goes around spreading disinformation (partly by infiltrating UFO groups), CIA mind control projects (including MK-Ultra but also discussing earlier and later experiments - including their relationship to studies of parapsychology), hoaxing UFO sightings by using holograms etc etc. One of the members of the secret group says to another at one point "... I think of the assignment primarily as an experiment in the psychodynamics of absurdity" (page 46).

edit on 28-9-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thank You, and the AFU !! New reading is always welcome, and rare books are a particular weakness of mine.
The link works fine for me.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodsmom
rare books are a particular weakness of mine.

You're lucky! Unfortunately, my own weakness isn't limited just to rare books.
I had to buy yet another bookcase this week!

While I've been focusing on obtaining scanned material during the last year or so, nothing beats a real book.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Thanks a bunch. Will print soon.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I wanted to post to thank you and just to say: you are awesome, IssacKoi.

Thank you so much for making this happen.

X

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsnotme
i love you
lets make out

Sorry, I'm a married man.

Originally posted by itsnotme
i thought id just add these to the replys
because that seems to be the way they are heading

Seriously, I've already stressed that the AFU did all the work scanning the book.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Nothing will ever replace a real book in my opinion. It's just too bad that our technology seems to be pushing us away from printed material. There is just something about a musty book. I understand the space issue completely too! I finally got my long awaited library just a year ago now, and it is already spilling out of the room!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join