It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Should Be Everyone's Deal Breaker: Why I Refuse to Vote for Barack Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I don't see how anyone who confronts Obama's record with clear eyes can enthusiastically support him. I do understand how they might concluded that he is the lesser of two evils, and back him reluctantly, but I'd have thought more people on the left would regard a sustained assault on civil liberties and the ongoing, needless killing of innocent kids as deal-breakers.

There is no such thing as a perfect political party, or a president who governs in accordance with one's every ethical judgment. But some actions are so ruinous to human rights, so destructive of the Constitution, and so contrary to basic morals that they are disqualifying. Most of you will go that far with me. If two candidates favored a return to slavery, or wanted to stone adulterers, you wouldn't cast your ballot for the one with the better position on health care.

Why I Refuse to Vote for Barack Obama

This article points out my deal-breaker for any political candidate, and I can't fathom why it isn't a deal breaker for anyone else. Obama could abolish the IRS and the Federal Reserve, magically erase the national debt, put a chicken in every pot, and personally cure cancer, but as long as he is killing whole villages of innocents looking for suspected (not confirmed, but suspected!) terrorists, he is little more than a talking bag of filth.

Of course, Obama supporters regularly say "Romney will be the same or worse!", which is probably true. Yet Romney has no history of bombing innocent citizens of other nations. However, I have no doubt that Romney would gladly perpetuate the war machine for black gold, so don't think I'm going to support him instead.

Is there any here that can explain to me how this is not bad enough to not vote for him? The same goes for Romney supporters, because, as I said, he will most certainly perpetuate the wars that Obama is perpetuating. I just can't wrap my head around it.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

but as long as he is killing whole villages of innocents looking for suspected (not confirmed, but suspected!) terrorists, he is little more than a talking bag of filth.

Then you may as not vote for any President in the future.
You don't think that this will happen under another Presidents watch?

Might as well call you Cleopatra because you're living in denial.

en.wikipedia.org...:Massacres_committed_by_the_United_States

Romney for sure is ready for military action to help his best friend Netanyahu.
Any President can order the killing of millions. Always keep that in mind.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

So your argument is "they're going to do it anyway, so might as well vote for them"?

Man, that shows character.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I can’t support Romney I don’t even know where he stands he lied about his taxes and flip flopped on every issue. The most telling thing about how he really feels were those secret recordings and I believed that was him showing his true face. The man signed a pledge on taxes that before he condemned and said he wouldn’t do. He is in the pocket of those who financed his campaign.

I don’t care for Obama but Romney is far far worse.

The old saying of buyer beware I believe applies.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I can’t support Romney I don’t even know where he stands he lied about his taxes and flip flopped on every issue. The most telling thing about how he really feels were those secret recordings and I believed that was him showing his true face. The man signed a pledge on taxes that before he condemned and said he wouldn’t do. He is in the pocket of those who financed his campaign.

I don’t care for Obama but Romney is far far worse.

The old saying of buyer beware I believe applies.

So his personal income taxes and believing that 47% of people are victims is worse than killing innocent people? I'll need more information, but I'm really starting to get a good read on Obama supporters...

/TOA

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I predicted a long time ago that if all the romney camp could muster was whining about obama, they had no chance

the treason of mitch mcconnel has been foiled

enjoy your sour grapes
edit on 27-9-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I predicted a long time ago that if all the romney camp could muster was whining about obama, they had no chance

the treason of mitch mcconnel has been foiled

enjoy your sour grapes
edit on 27-9-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

Yeah Romney supporters will get duped if he is elected just like Obama supporters have been duped. Good thing I'm not a Romney supporter!

Now, did you actually have a comment about the post, because you haven't yet.

ETA: I love that calling Obama out on his blood bath is "whining" about him. Yep, getting a very good read on Obama supporters.

/TOA
edit on 27-9-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
No one is "a president that murders villages" until they are elected....
Senator Obama didn't issue a single military action...why? Because he didn't have the power UNTIL he became President.

It's all fun and games for us "armchair" politicians. We can sit back and declare this or that was right or wrong and retrospectively judge the actions of anyone. That is not how the hot seat works.

It's not a job that I personally would really ever want...unless I perhaps lost my mind and became completely stark raving mad.

BTW....I won't be voting for Obama or Romney....

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I can't see any reason to vote for Obama. He lies everytime he opens his mouth. He assumes rightly that Americans are so stupid they will believe whatever he says. At least with Romney we have a chance at creating jobs. As far as oil goes America has plenty of oil, just not the will to drill for it. In the end it comes down to any President we elect is an individual and we won't know what they will do until they do it. Obama sure did not do what he said he would do. Chicago politics nationwide.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
but as long as he is killing whole villages of innocents looking for suspected (not confirmed, but suspected!) terrorists, he is little more than a talking bag of filth.

The Obama docterine? Targeted drone or special forces strikes on terrorists...vs. Invading two countries, one of which turned out to be under false evidence.

Which docterine has killed more civilians? Saved more lives?

What makes you think that simple "suspicion" of terrorism warrants a drone strike or Special Ops?

If you choose not to vote due to pacifist idealogy, good for you. I respect that.

As for me...Yes I will choose between the lesser of two evils...considering the difference in policies represents 100's of thousands of lives and Trillions of dollars and NOT combating terrorism is not an option for us.

The Obama Docterine is the most restrained and focused docterine that we have seen in 50 years.
edit on 27-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

If you are opposed to more killing try to remember with Romney there is a good chance we will be fighting another war against Iran.

The point I was making is I can't trust a thing Romney says based on his record.

He has changed his position on everything it took him a whole 4 days to change his position on redistribution on wealth.

They made fun of it on the Daily Show last night or maybe it was the night before.
edit on 27-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

So, if I am to understand this correctly, you've written off the three previous guys - who got the Presidential podium all bloody... and you're giving a free pass to the next guy, whoever that may be, who puts his footprints into that blood whenever Obama leaves office.... just so you can focus on the guy who's standing there right this instant and single HIM out as a warmonger?

You're basing your vote on the equivalent of a game of musical chairs?

I'm not saying I'm voting for anyone. I'm just having trouble following your reasoning.

~Heff
edit on 9/27/12 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Wait I though I was not suppose to vote for Obama because he was weak on terrorism? That was the claim about a weak ago. Now he is a warmonger. I just wish somebody could make up thier mind.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I'm not voting for Obama, but I'm god damned sure voting against Romney who has proven himself to be an heartless idiot when he tied his dog to the top of a car for a 12 hr. trip to Canada.

Character and honor counts and as far as I'm concerned Romney has neither. That's the deal breaker imo.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
There are too many issues to consider for me to have a "Deal Breaker"

I try and look at all the issues and weigh them based on their stances and their importance to me.

Those that have a deal-breaker may not have looked at all the issues.

But, it is much less time-consuming to vote (and post) that way.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I'm afraid you have your history wrong. Democrat Presidents historically are the war mongers. WWI/WWII/Korean War/Vietnam War and they pushed Bush into the Iraq war screaming about his WMD's.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So the cheerleaders of the Bush admin "war on terror", who championed any unilateral action including drone strikes on civilians (remember the 'wedding party'?) and the fabrications that lead us into an unjust war are now whining about drone strikes under Obama? The right-wing has zero credibility or justification for criticism about the 'war on terror', not after 8 years under Bush of calling anyone a traitor to America for not going along with the jingoist political rhetoric of 'kill 'em all'.

Let's remember drone strikes became SOP under Republicans. They let that genie out of the bottle.

On another note, it gets tiring reading one weak about Obama being weak on terrorism, then another week about Obama being too harsh on terrorism. Your "weak on terrorism" CiC authorized the mission that killed OBL. He refocused the war on terror back on Al Qeada, after his predecessor derailed it with his folly in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I'm afraid you have your history wrong. Democrat Presidents historically are the war mongers. WWI/WWII/Korean War/Vietnam War and they pushed Bush into the Iraq war screaming about his WMD's

The Dems "pushed" Bush into war with Iraq, screaming about his WMDs?

Good god, you must be trollin'. Take a history lesson already.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Do you actually believe Bush was pushed into war with Iraq by Democrats?

I think you need to learn your history.

I served in Iraq so I know what the real story is. I have no idea where you were.
edit on 27-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join