It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation and the Early Christians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
near-death.com... In December, 1945, early Christian writings containing many secrets of the early Christian religion were found in upper Egypt, a location where many Christians fled during the Roman invasion of Jerusalem. Undisturbed since their concealment almost two thousand years ago, these manuscripts of Christian mysticism rank in importance with the Dead Sea Scrolls. These writings affirmed the existence of the doctrine of reincarnation being taught among the early Jews and Christians. These Christian mystics, referred to as Christian Gnostics, were ultimately destroyed by the orthodox Church for being heretics. Their sacred writings were destroyed and hidden with the belief that they would be revealed at an appropriate time in the future. The discovery in 1945 yielded writings that included some long lost gospels, some of which were written earlier than the known gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

"Long considered to be heretical, ancient Gnostic Christian texts unearthed this century display compelling similarities between Gnostic conceptions of life and death and modern near-death experiences. The Gnostic texts devoted extensive tracts to what readers could expect to encounter when they died. Other passages make numerous allusions to near-death-like experiences that can be realized in this life, most notably the human encounter with a divine light. The Gnostic Christian literature gives us one more example of NDEs and similar experiences in the ancient world."

Another interesting fact comes from Edgar Cayce (a near-death experiencer) who affirmed that Gnosticism is the highest form of Christianity.

It is also interesting how Edgar Cayce figures into this. near-death.com...
edit on 27-9-2012 by jimmiec because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The fact that tptb got rid of the gnostics the way they did says a lot....could they be right? Would make a lot of sense

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Check out the Edgar Cayce site. I don't know when it was edited but Edgar Cayce predicted the polar ice caps beginning to melt in 1998 and that the beginning of the end times would start in 1999. He says the biggest events would begin in Lybia/Greece. He nailed a lot of things.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If people actively knew the secrets of the veil, no one would be afraid to do anything in this world and freedom would be the way of life.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Jesus definitely spoke of reincarnation when he talked about being born again and being resurrected.

It's a lot easier to control people with lies when you tell them they only have one shot.

The Romans killed Jesus because of his teachings on reincarnation then turned his message from love to blind faith.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I absolutely believe in reincarnation. I came to this conclusion doing my own research over many, many years.

I did a thread about why I believe in reincarnation when I first joined ATS in the spring, www.abovetopsecret.com...

I could say a lot on this topic, but I am getting ready for work. Most of my findings are discussed in my thread, but I have learned even more since I came to ATS (more sources). I will have to discuss them here later when I have more time.

S&F on your thread, OP!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I have it demonstrated from scripture if you click on my signature link. See the article on Water and Spirit Baptism and John the Baptist.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Thanks for that treasure of information!
This one is going in my files.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
near-death.com... In December, 1945, early Christian writings containing many secrets of the early Christian religion were found in upper Egypt, a location where many Christians fled during the Roman invasion of Jerusalem. Undisturbed since their concealment almost two thousand years ago, these manuscripts of Christian mysticism rank in importance with the Dead Sea Scrolls. These writings affirmed the existence of the doctrine of reincarnation being taught among the early Jews and Christians. These Christian mystics, referred to as Christian Gnostics, were ultimately destroyed by the orthodox Church for being heretics. Their sacred writings were destroyed and hidden with the belief that they would be revealed at an appropriate time in the future. The discovery in 1945 yielded writings that included some long lost gospels, some of which were written earlier than the known gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

"Long considered to be heretical, ancient Gnostic Christian texts unearthed this century display compelling similarities between Gnostic conceptions of life and death and modern near-death experiences. The Gnostic texts devoted extensive tracts to what readers could expect to encounter when they died. Other passages make numerous allusions to near-death-like experiences that can be realized in this life, most notably the human encounter with a divine light. The Gnostic Christian literature gives us one more example of NDEs and similar experiences in the ancient world."

Another interesting fact comes from Edgar Cayce (a near-death experiencer) who affirmed that Gnosticism is the highest form of Christianity.

It is also interesting how Edgar Cayce figures into this. near-death.com...
edit on 27-9-2012 by jimmiec because: (no reason given)

Okay. let's say these are the real teachings of Christianity, and it certainly wouldn't surprise me, Then the pertinent question is, what is the nature of the story that replaced them? Christianity as it stands today demands loyalty and commitment with out question or understanding. Humm. I wonder who benefits from that?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Wow you have no idea how much your post actually speaks to me. You might think im stupid for saying this but here goes. I am a christian and i believe in God and Jesus, but its just so strange. For the past 3 years or so, thoughts of reincarnation have been creeping into my mind, its like the thoughts are being put in there, and I keep rejecting the ideas because it isnt really one of the christian teachings. Idk its sort of hard for me to explain but i sort of have been feeling like God has been trying to tell me something for a while and maybe, if your post is indeed truthful, this might be sort of a confirmation of my feeling, so thanks.

top topics

join