It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empaths and some history of the occult

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by RisenAngel77

So where does the empathic abilities come from?

Just like any psychic ability, we receive it through the pineal gland which connects to our hearts The pineal gland is our third eye. It literally is a blinded eye inside our brains. This eye is what takes us through dreams and alternate realities. It is a receptor, the portal, and it is also the source of visions and creativity. It is basically the portal to communicating with God, the source or the Tao. You may have heard of it, or probably discarded it as nonsense, however is everything you see what it seems? Have you ever bothered to even question this "reality"?

I would just like to warn everyone that there is no evidence of any of these claims whatsoever.

How does one arrive at such a conclusion without any obvious research into the subject? It's called credulity. The original poster actually believes such things before questioning their validity, which bestows him with enough confidence to be able to trick himself into passing on these fabrications to others as if they were truth. One should remain skeptical of someone who makes claims without providing arguments or evidence, lest you yourself are prone to the same credulity that he is.

We are not the sheep to be led like this.

It is called relating and personal experiences. People are not commenting because they "believe" me, they are commenting because they can relate. And I have done my "obvious" research. In fact it took me into the fields of psychology, metaphysics and then spirituality. I did not research any of this for anyone else other than for my self improvement and getting out of depression. All I am doing in the OP is posting my findings and sharing, in an attempt to help others.

Asking for evidence on this, is like asking for evidence on the existence of God. Only when you experience it, can you understand.

What I posted in the OP is what I have gathered the past few years through my own observations and conclusions, to which some of them are backed up by other researchers. Even so, the "truth" can only be verified through the heart.

If in case you haven't read the comments, there are other empaths here who have been through similar experiences that I state in the OP. They are learning from me as much as I am learning from their own experiences. This is what it is all about, relating and sharing our thoughts on a subject that can actually end up helping other people. Just because you don't understand, that doesn't mean your reality is the same as everyone else's.

On the other hand, I cringe when people say "They believe me". Noone should believe anyone, however, information can as I said, be verified through the heart. That is how you know between a lie and a truth.
Thanks for sharing though

edit on 28-9-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I had an experience a while back that I realized with this thread was empathy and not what I was thinking, although possibly connected.

Awesome thread!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Anyone can be an empath, they just have to open their eyes and senses and understand how social interactions work. I'm an empath myself, and there's nothing special about being an empath. So get off your high horse, and quit stroking your own ego just because you think being an empath is 'cool'. Some people seem to think this, and for those who do you're obviously not directing the energy towards you the right way.

I feel people's egotistical energy almost everywhere I go, where there is ego , there will always be blind sheeples who don't know reality the way they should, like everybody should.
edit on 28-9-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by autowrench

And what sources have you utilized to achieve such a rounded education in all things occult?

Not an exhaustive list by no means, and in no particular order. These are books that are in my library here at home.

The Inner Temple of Witchcraft Magick, Meditation and Psychic Development by Christopher Penczak
Book of Talismans, Amulets and Zodiacal Gems by William Thomas Pavitt
Old World Witchcraft: Ancient Ways for Modern Days by Raven Grimassi
Modern Magick, Twelve Lessons in the High Magickal Arts by Donald Michael Kraig
The Secret Voyage of Sir Francis Drake: 1577-1580 by R. Samuel Bawlf
Three Books of Occult Philosophy Or Magic by Heinrich Cornelius Agrip Von Nettesheim
The Watkins Dictionary of Magic: Over 3,000 Entries on the World of Magical Formulas, Secret Symbols and the Occult by Nevill Drury
Initiation of the Soul : Esoteric & Occult Philosophy, Consciousness and Realization of Truth by Michael Eggleston
The Sword of Moses - An ancient Hebrew/Aramaic book of magic by J.H. Peterson, Matthew Vossler and M. Gaster
The Sword of Moses, an Ancient Book of Magic. From an Unique Manuscript. With Introduction, Translation, an Index of Mystical Names, and a Facsimile by M. Gaster by Moses Gaster
(Yes, the same Moses in the Bible)
Mageborn: The Blacksmith's Son: Mordecai's journey to master magic draws him into an ancient battle for the future of humanity. by Michael G. Manning
The Key of Solomon The King by S. L. MacGregor Mathers
The Goetia: The Lesser Key of Solomon the King: Lemegeton - Clavicula Salomonis Regis, Book 1 by Aleister Crowley, Hymenaeus Beta, Samuel Liddell and MacGregor Mathers
The Clavis or Key to the Magic of Solomon: From an Original Talismanic Grimoire in Full Color by Ebenezer Sibley and Frederick Hockley by Joseph H. Peterson
The Key of Solomon the King: Translated from Ancient Manuscripts in the British Museum (Forgotten Books) by King Solomon
Goetia: The Lesser Key of Solomon: The Initiated Interpretation of Ceremonial Magic by S.L. MacGregor Mathers and Aleister Crowley
Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft (Llewellyn's Practical Magick) by Raymond Buckland
Witchcraft - Theory and Practice by Ly De Angeles
A Witches' Bible: The Complete Witches' Handbook by Stewart Farrar and Janet Farrar
Grimoires - A History of Magic Books by Owen Davies
Magic and Religion in Medieval England by Catherine Rider
Secrets of the Lost Symbol: The Unauthorized Guide to Secret Societies, Hidden Symbols & Mysticism by John Michael Greer
Modern Magick: Twelve Lessons in the High Magickal Arts by Donald Michael Kraig
The Essential Kabbalah: The Heart of Jewish Mysticism by Daniel C. Matt
The Way: Using the Wisdom of Kabbalah for Spiritual Transformation and Fulfillment by Michael Berg
The Essential Zohar: The Source of Kabbalistic Wisdom by Rav P.S. Berg
The Golden Dawn: The Original Account of the Teachings, Rites & Ceremonies of the Hermetic Order by Israel Regardie
The Middle Pillar: The Balance Between Mind and Magic by Israel Regardie, Chic Cicero and Sandra Tabatha Cicero
Foundations of Practical Magic: An Introduction to Qabalistic, Magical and Meditative Techniques by Israel Regardie
Israel Regardie & The Philosophers Stone: The Alchemical Arts Brought Down to Earth by Joseph C. Lisiewski and Mark Stavish
The Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor: Initiatic and Historical Documents of an Order of Practical Occultism by Joscelyn Godwin, Christian Chanel and John P. Deveney
Hermetic Magic: The Postmodern Papyrus of Abaris by Stephen E. Flowers
A Treatise on Angel Magic: Magnum Opus Hermetic Sourceworks by Adam McLean
Kabbalah, Magic & the Great Work of Self Transformation: A Complete Course by Lyam Thomas Christopher
Grimorium Verum by Joseph H. Peterson
The Black Pullet - The Hen With The Golden Eggs by Doctor Mizzaboula Jabamia
The Sword of Moses An Ancient Book of Magic by M. Gaster
The Sword of Moses, an Ancient Book of Magic. From an Unique Manuscript. With Introduction, Translation, an Index of Mystical Names, and a Facsimile by M. Gaster by Moses Gaster
(Yes, the very same Moses in the Bible)
The Key of Solomon The King by S. L. MacGregor Mathers
The Goetia: The Lesser Key of Solomon the King: Lemegeton - Clavicula Salomonis Regis by Aleister Crowley, Hymenaeus Beta, Samuel Liddell and MacGregor Mathers
(Yes, the Same Wise King in the Bible)
The Clavis or Key to the Magic of Solomon: From an Original Talismanic Grimoire in Full Color by Ebenezer Sibley and Frederick Hockley by Joseph H. Peterson
Grimorium Verum by Joseph H. Peterson
The Key of Solomon the King: Translated from Ancient Manuscripts in the British Museum (Forgotten Books) by King Solomon
The 21 Lessons of Merlyn: A Study in Druid Magic and Lore by Douglas Monroe
I believe all of these could be classified as "Occult"

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Are we talking about The Secret? The Law of Attraction? Is that the Divine Law, in simplistic terms?

Yes and no, they are all connected, but they have different functions. Divine Law is actually a mechanic that maintains balance in the universe. It is a singularity that works on its own and it is self maintaining. In a way, Divine Law and God would be one and the same. it is also a set of rules, You may know divine law as the 10 commandments. (however, the 10 commandments are somewhat misleading).

Why misleading? Well, I will try to give you an idea as to why it is misleading, without the need for words, and this is also my attempt to get you to think for yourself. Look at the following table, and ponder on it for a bit without allowing your mind to sabotage your thoughts. Shift from your mind, to your heart, and try and feel your heart, trust your heart, and allow the inner voice to come out.

The law of attraction is actually what you attract according to your thoughts and feelings. (be it positive or negative). The universe responds according to what it thinks you want. This concept was explained in "The secret" but the secret doesn't explain everything. It does not explain how to apply Divine Law into your life.

Yes the universe is actually a living universe, much like our sun, and earth are both living entities. One of the keys of Enoch explains that this universe is actually a living universe and that you, me, and everyone else is part of this living universe as an observer.

An experiment you can try for yourself (to attempt to get you a brief meeting with source is the following.:

Apply DIvine Law, to yourself. This means,"don't be lazy and educate yourself more on the subject".

Apply the Golden rule "Do unto others what you would like to be done to yourself"

Get rid of any resentment and guilt and forgive your past.(in other words, put your ego back in its place.)

Focus on feeling unconditional love for all and leave out expectations. Just be

trust that all that you need to know, you know already. Information, true information comes from within. We just fail to trust in the inner wisdom for the most part, but this is mostly due to how we are programmed.

However, to give you an idea of people who have trusted their inner wisdom:

Albert Einstein
Nicolas Tesla
Carl Jung

Ask yourself how they arrived at the knowledge they did. The results my surprise you.

That is quite impressive. However, when I mentioned "occult" I specifically stated at the end the true meaning of the word.

The word "Occult" means "Hidden"

I specified that word because the knowledge of Empaths and the pineal gland is in fact "hidden". But I also stated that truth sometimes is hidden in plain sight. The title was not misleading, you just need to know the definition of the words used.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I think empaths most off get squashed in life. Its because they are passive and become easy victums. The very few ones which survive and thrive are the ones who survive the battering , realise why they were battered and spend the rest of their lives with the cunning of foxes to ensure they are not on receiving end. My belief is that always ensure people get exactly what they ask for and deserve. Never go against force expand and retract with it accordingly.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

The very few ones which survive and thrive are the ones who survive the battering , realise why they were battered and spend the rest of their lives with the cunning of foxes to ensure they are not on receiving end

It takes cunning to do that, and the cunning usually results in a 'service to self' mindset in order to preserve sanity.

It takes an even greater cunning to get around that trap, and to keep circling it without ever falling in.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thank you for this post.
I am empathic to. And it screws me up.
I look at the world and cry. Want to Die!
So much hate and suffering!

I have tried for years to put shields up.
But it does not work.
And I have gone over my life. What I can remember of it.
I keep trying new things. But nothing seems to work for me.
And I cannot just die.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
For me, the worst part of being an empath is the sensory overload. I hate crowds for this reason. Not only is there each and every individual's emotions but there's also a "group" or "mob" overlay.

Don't much care to get out and about these days because it seems like most people are experiencing a barely controlled rage and an almost animalistic fear. That's exhausting having to deal with.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
A word of caution. For some reason, other empaths and those with other specific abilities can pick up on our abilities and there are some nefarious people (some call them psychic vampires but who knows) who can and will purposely try to drain you of your energy.

The reason for that I think is because one believes it is possible to transfer energy between one living being and another. It is not like gas which can be transferred from one car to the another.

Those who believe it's possible are actually on the evil side messing up things convinced they are doing something good and those who oppose them are on the good side because they have a zero tolerance policy for wannabe thieves or their following; those who believe such things can be stolen. It's a simple choice not to believe certain things can be stolen, it's difficult to actually come up with some reasoning especially for those who never experienced anything else.

It can be draining trying to establish such a contact (with someone who knows energy can't be stolen or transferred) as it will never happen in the way many empaths expect. For an empath I imagine it's like being in a bulldozer trying to enter a persons house (which should be considered private), the inhabitant will not let the empath in and 'read' everything inside.

Because that wall isn't going down the empath is wasting his or her own gas by trying to bulldoze over it eventually giving up and calling the inhabitant something evil or energy draining while in fact the empath doesn't want to admit that person is not readable as this implies others might also become unreadable (and the 'gift' no longer works on everyone) and this means there are unknown things which empaths usually fear.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I specified that word because the knowledge of Empaths and the pineal gland is in fact "hidden". But I also stated that truth sometimes is hidden in plain sight. The title was not misleading, you just need to know the definition of the words used.

Makes sense about the pineal gland being hidden, but I never thought of a human glad as being occult. Perhaps I jumped the gun a bit, but some in here throw that word about like a beach ball.
I believe the word [occult] comes from the Latin word, "occultus" meaning clandestine, hidden, or secret. Again we come to a Latin word. Seems the Holy Roman Church invented a great many of the myths believed in but the faithful, didn't they?

I have read a lot more of these books than listed, and reading through this "hidden knowledge" I learned a great deal about myself, human emotions in general, how everything is in fact connected, and how the Forces of Nature and material objects could be partially manipulated. I also learned the history and origins of the Gods of Old.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79

Originally posted by timidgal
A word of caution. For some reason, other empaths and those with other specific abilities can pick up on our abilities and there are some nefarious people (some call them psychic vampires but who knows) who can and will purposely try to drain you of your energy.

The reason for that I think is because one believes it is possible to transfer energy between one living being and another. It is not like gas which can be transferred from one car to the another.

Those who believe it's possible are actually on the evil side messing up things convinced they are doing something good and those who oppose them are on the good side because they have a zero tolerance policy for wannabe thieves or their following; those who believe such things can be stolen. It's a simple choice not to believe certain things can be stolen, it's difficult to actually come up with some reasoning especially for those who never experienced anything else.

It can be draining trying to establish such a contact (with someone who knows energy can't be stolen or transferred) as it will never happen in the way many empaths expect. For an empath I imagine it's like being in a bulldozer trying to enter a persons house (which should be considered private), the inhabitant will not let the empath in and 'read' everything inside.

Because that wall isn't going down the empath is wasting his or her own gas by trying to bulldoze over it eventually giving up and calling the inhabitant something evil or energy draining while in fact the empath doesn't want to admit that person is not readable as this implies others might also become unreadable (and the 'gift' no longer works on everyone) and this means there are unknown things which empaths usually fear.

Dragonfly79,

I don't understand your comments. Firstly, no one has insinuated that empaths are evil or "try" to read people. For the most part, being an empath is not an easy life and most, unless they are energy workers, cannot manipulate energy in any way. I merely make the point that emotions, like everything else, is a form of energy.

As for draining or transferring energy, I'd like you to explain the psychic vamps and MANY energy workers or healers I've personally witnessed using their abilities with intent, whether it be good or bad. There are.a great many things in this world which are unexplainable and just because you've never experienced it yourself doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Most empaths would gladly trade what is often a burden in order to live a normal life free of the overwhelming nature of today's world, so I really don't understand your perception. Just out of curiosity, what are these "unknown things which empaths usually fear"? We are not mindreaders who go around stalking victims and looking for people to "read" and usually wish the only emotions we had to deal with were our own.

If I've misinterpreted your statements, please let me know, but right now, it seems you speak of what you don't know.
edit on 10/12/2012 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
If someone is an empath they don't need to be told, they know it. Attempting to describe what it's like being an empath to a non-empath is sometimes impossible, it's not easy being an empath, easy to read and feel and absorb everything but not always easy to communicate the same information with words, this one time I walked into a Jack in the Box, I thought I recognized this person from behind, not meaning to just automatically I sent a message to this person, they immediately turned around and gave an odd look, and continued to give the odd look even as I ate food from far away, it turned out to be the wrong person but the message was received loud and clear and not a sound, not a single known mode of communication took place, not even body language, as they looked at me I was just looking at the menu, the message communicated in this post alone is proof of how impossible it is to communicate such information to a non-empath

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
If someone is an empath they don't need to be told, they know it. Attempting to describe what it's like being an empath to a non-empath is sometimes impossible, it's not easy being an empath, easy to read and feel and absorb everything but not always easy to communicate the same information with words,

Couldnt say it better myself, Razimus.

this one time I walked into a Jack in the Box, I thought I recognized this person from behind, not meaning to just automatically I sent a message to this person, they immediately turned around and gave an odd look, and continued to give the odd look even as I ate food from far away, it turned out to be the wrong person but the message was received loud and clear and not a sound, not a single known mode of communication took place, not even body language, as they looked at me I was just looking at the menu,

Wow. This goes beyond anything I've ever experienced myself and seems to fall more within the realm of telepathy. Perhaps having the traits of an empath are necessary to communicate an actual thought but I've never personally reached that level. It's only emotions I've been able to pick up on and usually not of my own choice.

message communicated in this post alone is proof of how impossible it is to communicate such information to a non-empath

Very well said...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Occult, Adj
1530s, "secret, not divulged," from M.Fr. occulte and directly from L. occultus "hidden, concealed, secret," pp. of occulere "cover over, conceal," from ob "over" (see ob-) + a verb related to celare "to hide," from PIE root *kel- "to hide" (see cell). Meaning "not apprehended by the mind, beyond the range of understanding" is from 1540s. The association with the supernatural sciences (magic, alchemy, astrology, etc.) dates from 1630s.

Just adding some supporting documentation.

Cheers,

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Book marking for further reading later.

Interesting stuff

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RisenAngel77

All I can say is exactly!

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Razimus
If someone is an empath they don't need to be told, they know it. Attempting to describe what it's like being an empath to a non-empath is sometimes impossible, it's not easy being an empath, easy to read and feel and absorb everything but not always easy to communicate the same information with words, how impossible it is to communicate such information to a non-empath

Im an em-path and felt the sufferings mostly and joys of peoples lives for a long time. I also get flashes of things going on in their lives in real time and read several signs given to me daily and I find out a bit later that it was true. My dog got hit by a truck recently, I told the vet at the vet hospital that something was wrong with his left side and he had a bad headache. She does not know I talk to my dog telepathically. She responded by looking at me like a nut case. I also told her he was frightened that day (the day before coming home) in the hospital, I called after work and was informed that trying to get a hold of my vet was hard due to the emergencies coming in that day, which I thought probably scared my dog with all the pain induced animals coming in, she told me, "he was heavily medicated and doing fine." Suggesting he didn't feel a thing. The day I picked up my dog to go home a new vet on shift said, "time for him to go, it can get very freighting for them in here and he will be more comfortable at home.
I take the dog to see his regular vet about 4 days later stating that fluid is building up in a pocket near his LEFT side front leg, they send me home saying, "keep and eye on it, it should go away by absorption back into the body, its a Sunoma." Two days later this pocket is the size of a volley ball and now so hard due to running out of room for filling up. I take him again to the vet for which I am informed
his back muscles were completely severed and it was like his back was broken. The fluid was coming from these tissue not fussing back together because they were not fixed in the first place.
I ASKED THE VET, WAS HE IN PAIN ON HIS LEFT SIDE THEN? , "yup". He had surgery and he is doing well his second day home now.... I trust me not anyone else when it comes to this inner combing, empaths feel mentally, physically and emotionally.
edit on 14-5-2016 by TruNorth because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2016 by TruNorth because: Spelling and missing words

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: whitewave

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Very nice OP, congratulations on your meditative aspirations and tapping on the very root of suffering itself, when not seen as ones own root in the understanding of the tropes people live that cover up such framework that embroils them in a cant see the forest for all the "me" situation or ego... as if all these sort of things only happen to oneself or others called experience, and then bite it and refuse to let go like a dog biting a tug of war toy and refuse to spit it out, like it is a hot iron ball that has become welded onto their body, stuck in their speech and its all the can think about... could be cold too like a tongue stuck on a flag pole, or ice cream spoon left in the container for conveinance.

Basically hot and cold hells, where the hot is anger from not being able to get rid of whatever is angering them out there some where in the yonder of others or a group and not oneself and blame them for unhappiness, or the other extreme of left out in the cold as a victim to that other extreme of hot lashing out... until flipped to anger and do the same rinse repeat into a cycle of anger, repression, violence, and victim all over again... no different than the yin/yang, black/white, positive/negative of extremes... so seeing beyond such as "my" experience, others "experience" but just experience itself that does not tip to either in such realization... then yes one automatically transforms as the medicine for not only oneself but others at the exact same time, to simply point at whatever without being attached.

In such not only is one liberated from suffering due to all of that, but they can ease others suffering by showing compassion or empathy, without drawing such lines or pointing to people that are drawing them that doesnt help solve getting that hot or cold ball stuck to their tongues out... but since its their own mind attached to such things, thoughts and reasons, and belief as to who, what, when, where, and well why seems to already be chosen before one got here and the who, what, when and where are told to you as children as to all of the why... thats the programming. Introspection or meditation is that very delving into the who as in who am I beyond all of this, the what am I beyond all of the labels or what people say, te when of course all of thhis occurs is of course moment by moment by moment yet the anger or victim all occured in the past, but since people cannot get it out by all the programming of spitting it out? Thats the why.

Not a very good nor logical or rational reasoning for being in most cases is it? Thats because theres extremes with rarely and reason to it. Of course theres a who, what, when, where to point at and the why is then chosen... because theyre this that or the other and them those and they are doing the exact same thing in what is akin to a never ceasing struggle of back and forth, or samsara or world of suffering.

Not attached to any such concepts or conceptual of such conditioning? One is not locked into any specific ego self this is where the I thats this occurs too falls away as it happens to everyone so embroiled in those tropes that havent taken a huge step back from it, see it, understand it... then enter the forest so people can finally step beyond it into the future for something better.

Everyone basically is unwittingly deserving of an acadamy award for all the roles theyve played completely unaware of it or not... and like in movies there are main characters, this one killed all those people, this one invented that, this one discovered that, this one teaches you all about this that and the other, these are my family sister or brother, and those are the random people or extras milling about for the grand scene. Yet, everyone is the main character in their life... when there is ego attachment to all of that grasping of the roles weve been taught or have played... or continue to do so not hearing "cut" as in the attachment to cease playing roles not good for themselves or others.

In such a manner, we can lay down the role and choose another... and thats what free will is all about.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join