It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous Death Patterns Disputed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Ok, I am going to give every notoriously famous person that has died in 2004 by month. What I mean by notorious is that 50% of you would recognize them from a few roles. If you don't know who they are look them up or go here: dpsinfo.com...

January:

Noble Willingham
Robert Keeshan
Jack Paar
Joseph Viterelli

February:

Julius Schwartz - Edited many DC comics for many years, including Superman
Carl Anderson
John Randolph

March

Mercedes McCambridge
Cecily Adams
Art James
Alistair Cooke

April

James Zimmerman - Invented the Answering Machine
Pat Tillman
Estee Lauder

May

Alan King
Tony Randall
Richard Biggs
Archibald Cox
Ramona Trinidad Iglesias-Jordan - was world's oldest person

June

Ronald Reagan
Ray Charles
Danny Dark
Bob Bemer

July

Marlon Brando
Isabel Sanford
Laurance Rockefeller
Jerry Goldsmith
Jackson Beck
- did "It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Superman!" for many Superman cartoons

August

Rick James
Fay Wray
Julia Child

September

Caitlin Clarke
Russ Meyer
Tim Choate

October

Janet Leigh
Gordon Cooper
Rodney Dangerfield
Christopher Reeve
- Superman

The only thing I noticed is that 3 people associated with Superman died this year. As far as initials being significant (how many 'R's) I found nothing. Even with the less newsworthy significant deaths there was nothing. There have been 12 'R' signifacant deaths this year however 'R' is a popular letter. Give me 12 'Z's and well talk about a pattern. It seems that people (even I have got caught up in this) see a couple people with similar initials die within a short period of time(a few months) and all of a sudden it is a pattern of death and "who's next" prophesy threads spread throughout the internet like wildfire with everyone thinking they have the mental edge over the other.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
i don't see how any 'death pattern' could be valid unless you were to map out all deaths.

The whole Famous thing is bogus.
What does that word even mean - famous?
What are the criteria?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have a group of friends. There are five guys, we range in age from 24-27 years old. We have been friends for over 6 years. In those years we have had 15 of our relatives die. Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, etc...

Every year since the first year we became friends we have had 3 relatives die each year. We have always been very supportive of each other and all attend funeral services. However we noticed that in all five of those years the deaths were within a month or two which meant that every year we went 10 or 11 months without a death. The time of year is always different. In 2000 it was in November and December. One the day before Thanksgiving, one three days later, and the last being Dec. 10th. Then in 2001, they started in the end of January and then the last two being in the end of February. 2002 was in March. 2003 was in September/October and 2004 was in July.

We always know that once there is one, two more will soon follow. They are not always the ones we suspect as being next either. My grandmother was doing so bad that we thought she would follow after my friend's uncle but she held on for another year and started a new one.

We have all speculated on the candidates for 2005. None of us have lost our parents. However we believe that 2005 might start that. My friend's father has been suffering from the effects of Agent Orange from the Vietnam War for over 20 years. Recently over the past 3 months he has taken a drastic turn for the worse. He is only 53 years old. We know he will make it til 2005.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Ok, I think you're really reaching on this one.

You've pointed out strongly that there are vastly fewer similarities between the deaths than there are differences, and that predictions you make regarding deaths have been largely inaccurate.

I think all of these deaths have really nothing to do with each other, and that it's just a function of averages. Everyone dies, so eventually they all factor into the averages.

After that, whatever correlation you might draw mainly depends on however you'd like to see it.

Frankly, I think you've done a lot of research on the topic for no purpose.

Can anyone else use this information?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The point I was trying to make is that if there are patterns in deaths it is not by the R in the first or last name. It would be in the relationship to the individual. Ever heard of death comes in threes.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GTWill
The point I was trying to make is that if there are patterns in deaths it is not by the R in the first or last name. It would be in the relationship to the individual. Ever heard of death comes in threes.

I've heard everything comes in threes. But depending on how hard you're willing to look, everything comes in twos, and fours, and fives, and so on...

E_T

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GTWill
Ever heard of death comes in threes.
Same here in village where I live, althought there are lot of older people its still weird that there's always two other deads in short time when one dies.

One notion relating to this.
Richard Biggs' character in Babylon 5 was doctor Stephen Franklin.
In March died Paul Winfield who played Stephen's father in second season episode GROPOS. Also Tim Choate was in Babylon 5.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by E_T]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
When I explained my situation I did not claim that it would happen that way for everybody. I just explained mine and my friends situation. We have noticed the pattern and watched it unfold.

top topics

join