It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Burger King

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
They seem to have changed their fries, they went from having the best fries out of the fast food outlets to the worst now. What are they doing. They are pretty much the same as KFC fries now. Wasn't impressed when I ordered my Whopper meal today

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I had them a month or so ago and I felt the same, but I thought it was just a bad batch of potatoes!!!

I guess they're just cutting back on the nice taste for crappy ingredients.

Since you've found them being nasty, I guess this crappy taste is here to stay ...

What I never get is ... Why on Earth are KFC's fries so darn tasteless? I mean, how hard is it to get chips right? You hardly need a secret ingredient for that!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

They are Maize....not potato, or at least thats what they used to be made from for Burger King.

The whopper is a joke, its no more than 4 inches round now, with bugger all meat and just loads of tomato and other cheap fillings.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Apparently new fries... But for some reason he didn't like the old fries ...

I guess this World is still full of strange people!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Whatever they were made from, they tasted ten times better than the new lot. Burger King must not have done much market tests before they decided on the change, either that or they tested a bunch of idiots.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
They changed them over here a while back too.

Bugger King and Kentucky Fried Pigeon quite often share the same premises here in the U.S. so they're probably part of the same company and sharing chips I suppose would be more cost effective.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Nooooooooooooooooo

On the very rare occasion I had fast food Burger King fries were a must
Usually at service stations in Europe
KFC tower burger, BK fries, McD's thick shake
Meh if you only have it once a year you want it right

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The most likely explanation is that they changed the oil that they are fried in.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Nope, they are completely different fries, different size, different shape and different taste.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Possibly, couldnt say as ive not been lately but they did have like a crispy coating .....called them king fries
NC sad now

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
They seem to have changed their fries, they went from having the best fries out of the fast food outlets to the worst now. What are they doing. They are pretty much the same as KFC fries now. Wasn't impressed when I ordered my Whopper meal today

I actually would go out of my way to get Fries from them...first Pepsi now this! Well good thing I have been giving up fast food!

CX

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Not tried the fries for a while, but last time i ate there, and discovered the burgers looked like they'd been hit with a shrink ray, i vowed never to pay that much for that little again.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not one of these people who wants everything supersize, but what wouldn't even fill a child up cost about the same as a pub lunch these days.

CX.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
Nooooooooooooooooo

On the very rare occasion I had fast food Burger King fries were a must
Usually at service stations in Europe
KFC tower burger, BK fries, McD's thick shake
Meh if you only have it once a year you want it right

Thats my order too, well, until now.
I've played this game many times: only one item from each restaurant.
I've always hated KFC floppy fries, and Burger King always had the crispiest and hottest fries.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The Whopper is the best fast food burger out there, bar none. It has not changed here, at least. Of course, it's also 750 calories and full of all kinds of bad stuff, but tastewise it is so far above a Big Mac that it isn't even in the same league.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Best FF burger, is the Zinger Tower burger, real chicken breast fillet so it's not as bad either.
If KFC didn't do such crappy fries they'd be the best FF joint around.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
reply to post by schuyler

Best FF burger, is the Zinger Tower burger, real chicken breast fillet so it's not as bad either.
If KFC didn't do such crappy fries they'd be the best FF joint around.

And it tastes just like chicken. How can you compare essentially tasteless chicken to a flame broiled burger? All you're tasting is the condiments they pile on it, which includes hash browns??? The phrase "chicken burger" is an oxymoron. If it has chicken, it's not a burger. If it's a burger, it has a beef patty. Lord save me from chicken! You may as well use congealed sawdust and slap some ketchup on it.

P.S. For some burgers that put the 650-750 calorie Whopper and Zinger to shame, take a look here.
edit on 9/28/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join