Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Syria Islamists: 'next stop Israel'

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Strange twist in ME? Or just a precaution/paranoia from Israel against the Saudi French connection with Assad's replacement?

There is mounting evidence that the “Free Syrian Army” includes brigades of foreign fighters from places like Chechnya, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia. These fighters have varying allegiances, religious beliefs, battle strategies, and visions of Syria’s future. Some fight for a free, democratic Syria. Some are terrorists. Some are well-armed, well-trained, and lethal; others are poor and struggle even to find pants that fit.
If you consider just exactly who are the syrian rebels then it might be a possibility.
SYRIAN_REBELS

What began in Syria as a limited but genuine people's uprising against a dictatorship has become contaminated with Saudi-funded foreign mujahideen who are driven, among other things, by an intense hostility toward non-Muslims - and an implacable hatred of Jews and Israel.

In Al Midan, a suburb in southern Damascus, Mateen, a fighter who claimed to have travelled from Afghanistan, shared his ideas for a post-Assad Syria: "We have to a build a society of respect and brotherhood in accordance with the Prophet's commandments," he said in Urdu. "We will treat non-Muslims kindly, but we have a big fight against the Jews ahead of us. We will take that up, God willing."
LINK

BEIRUT — In a recent audio recording posted on the Internet, Al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri called on Muslims to support the Syrian rebels, saying it was a way to confront neighbouring Israel.

“Supporting jihad in Syria to establish a Muslim state is a basic step towards Jerusalem,” he said. “And thus America is giving the secular Baathist regime one chance after another for fear that a government is established in Syria that would threaten Israel.”

LINK
Your thoughts/opinions/comments/viewpoints please.
edit on 27-9-2012 by hp1229 because: add content
edit on 27-9-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's like Hamas 2.0 Just when will the Israeli government ever stop to think just what have we done to piss all of these people off? So long until these rebels are labeled terrorist?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Didnt the CIA just give alciada in Syria. 100 stinger misiles a couple of weeks back? Its a good job that those pesky terrorists are working for us now. Just like they did in the Afghan, to help us topple those evil commies. Or in Lybia, to help us topple that evil gadafi guy. Now its Syrias turn. Whats this then they are going to carry on into Israel? I think they must be losing the plot. Or else its helping to prepare a false flag, to start the Iran war. Didnt some Zionist guy just call for a false flag, to start the war on Iran? False flags seem to be the american way. By hook or by crook. If the USA decides to murder and rape your country. Then its curtains for who ever they want to do it too. The greatest democracy in the world.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

There is mounting evidence that the “Free Syrian Army” includes brigades of foreign fighters from places like Chechnya, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia.

There is mounting evidence that what is happening in Syria is being spurred on by CIA operations. The US ambassador Christopher Stevens was facilitating the movement of extremists from Egypt to Syria. There is evidence from both inside and outside the regime to support this. Syria must fall before Iran is attacked. As they both have a treaty in place to defend each other in times of war from the West or from Israel.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
good luck to them

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think Israel want to annex a chunk of Syria.

Wasn't there a dispute between the two countries over a mountain range?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

The Golan Heights.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Originally posted by Krono

The Golan Heights.

Thats the one! Was there a dispute/conflict over them? I could've sworn there was.

new topics

top topics

join