It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell the story of your pet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hello ATSers!

Do you have a pet?- what is it?- what's its name? what traits of your pet do you regonize in yourself?

I thought it would be awesome of you to share the story of you and your wonderful pet.
Post pictures of it as well to illustrate - !

You can as well write and share photos about a loving pet that has passed away.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Cara and Mia are two sisters I got from the pound 10 years ago. Eight puppies had been left in a box on the roadside. They put 4 of them down, knowing they couldn't adopt all of them out. I took the final two puppies.

They looked like this then:

Today, they look like this:

Jaia and B'asia are long-coated GSDs from a breeder in Oregon. They are half-siblings, about 5 months apart. Jaia (male) is 6 and B'asia (female) is 5.

Jaia as a puppy:

And B'asia:

Today, they look like this:

Each dog reflects something of my personality. Cara is the caretaker, Mia, the playful, happy girl, Jaia is the goofy love-bug and B'asia - well, she's the quirky, crazy dog that brings me joy every day. I don't know what I would do without them.

B'asia:

edit on 9/27/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Here are the 2 boys we have right now:
Dozer, 1 1/2 year old Old English Bulldog. Can you guess his favorite thing to do?

And this little guy is Loki, Almost 4 month old English Mastiff. The sock thief.

And this is my user namesake. R.I.P. Chief! We lost him at 15 months.

edit on 27-9-2012 by chiefsmom because: Stupid picture thingy!!!!!!!

edit on 27-9-2012 by chiefsmom because: pictures?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So many adorable canines, time for a feline! lol

Tigger:

He was around 5 years old when I adopted him so now he's about 8. He loves to eat and sleep and he's so FLUFFY!!!

*faints from cuteness of thread*

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Having pic problems.

Anyway, Here is the true ruler of the house, Mia (with the supposed cat hater! LOL)
The mom and the litter were dropped off when the kittens were about 5 weeks old at a friends house. I wanted a male, but she walked right up to my hubby and meowed until he picked her up. Her favorite activity is leaping onto Loki's back, and running away.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Wonderful pets in here!!!!!! Sorry, don't have any photos but I have a deaf persian cat and a turtle.

My cat has an interesting story. We rescued her some years ago. She was living out in the wild where my husband and I used to work. This poor kitty was about 6months old and just terrified of people. She would hiss and growl like a wild couger. At the time we already had two other cats and wern't looking for another, but we decided to take it to the vet and find a home for her. She had fleas and a bad ear infection.

When we got her all cleaned up and healthy, we discovered all the shelters were filled to capacity and no home was to be found anywhere for this little darling kitty. Needless to say, she became a part of the family. I spent a long time trying to calm and communicate with her. One day she actually let me pet her and she was purring. WOW! That was a huge change from the wildcat we first discovered. Now she is the sweetest and most loving cat. We love her dearly and are very happy to still have her in our lives.

My turtle was a rescue as well having two previous homes before we got him. I swear the poor thing must have ate so much lettuce, to this day he won't touch it. The previous owners didn't know how to properly feed or care for it. He is now a big healthy boy with plenty of room to swim, a dock to sun himself on and a variety of foods to eat.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Nice thread. Good to focus on the things that keep us sane in this world.

I never meant to have a dog, but several years back a roommate came home with several puppies. One of them followed me around and snuck in to my room, trying to cuddle with me at night. Couldn't help but adopt her.

She was wild, though, and not long after ended up in the road and was run over by an SUV. It was like a scene from an action movie, me trying to get her to the vet. Running red lights, jumping curbs, passing cars, all that. Managed to find a vet that saved her life, but said that she would never walk again. So I built a little wheel chair for her, but soon enough she was back on her feet and running around like nothing ever happened.

To this day, she is absolutely fearless in protecting me (not that I need protection). One day I was playing with her in my front yard when a lady came walking by with her Pit bull. The Pit was acting very aggressive, but the lady insisted on bringing it on to my yard, asking "You're dog doesn't bite, does it?"

To which I replied, "Only when provoked, ma'am."

Yet she still brought it in to my yard. Her Pit lost an ear that day after lunging at me, to a small female dog with a broken back. I was inspired enough after seeing that to make it my signature.

edit on 28-9-2012 by VariableConstant because: typo

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thanks so much for sharing everyone! Adorable all of pets you share.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Ok well there is My New Savana Monitor that was left for dead at my work

Can someone help me identify this reptile abandoned at my work

I also have a Pacman Frog name Jabba my wife got him as a little guy he is pretty chill this picture he is small he eats almost full sized rats now

Then we have my lab Bruiser..He was a pound puppy rescue. He is Now 6 years old and he is a giant. He weighs 165 lbs and stand at about 6' 3". He is extremely OCD, he chews his is own nails, likes to eat the banion tree in our backyard, hates cameras is the protector of the house. I would not screw with him, he loves kids and sleeps in the babies room every night next to her crib. Me and Brusier play extremely rough, one day while playing fetch he decided to run with the ball back to me and jump full force putting both me and him though our sliding glass door windows. He got 16 stitches and I got 8.

Then we have our American Bulldog Killian or Lucky she comes to either. Rescued from a fighting ring where she was the bait. She is the stubborn headed conceded dog. Her favorite activities is licking you in the face or throwing her 80 lbs of dead weight right into your lap. She chases lizards and when she rides in the car she prefers the AC to open window

Then there is the absolute goofball Boxer Finnigan. She was the runt of the litter and was treated as such, we got her when she was about six months old all skin and bones. She is now very healthy and is full on antics. She likes to go hunting for anything that moves. She has killed two rats, and has jumped into mid air to catch birds. She likes to stick her head under water. Get her face stuck in boxes and other weird stuff. She has conversations with the baby, and also enjoys all the babies toys.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Have 2 dogs at the minute,..
A westie and a scottish terrier.(see pic on left. that's the scottie chilling after a fairly long walk)
Picture is not great(Decent camera is not working)

We've had the west highland terrier since he was a pup. He's now 5 years old.

Got the scottish terrier about 3 years ago when we fostered him from a pet rescue organization, and he made himself a part of the family the day he arrived so we couldn't let him go again.
He's 10 now and still going strong

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
This is Buffy

I found her online at our local animal rescue. She had this huge mane that was wild and then her cute little snaggletooth face I had to see her. My fiancee and I went down the next day to see her and she was just the sweetest! She came out of the cage and stretched her back legs and demanded to be pet by putting her head under your hand. I knew she was my cat! This is how she looked when we got her

She was matted so they shaved her into a lion's cut, which I absolutely love! She looked like a mini lion pouncing around the house lol.

I love her sass because it reminds me of me. She is just the sweetest kitty though. Her favorite thing to do is sleep or sit not very becoming of a lady cat
As you can see she is quite comfortable now!

I don't know why she insists on sitting like this but she does. She sits like this on the couch and on the porch!

She loves to cuddle and be near either me or my fiancee. At night she comes right up on your chest to sleep. If she wants attention she demands it.

I took this last week, she was next to my head. She kept stretching her back paws and was kicking me in the face. lol She wasn't moving and neither was I!

This is one of her other favorite things to do, hang out on the porch:

She LOVES the porch! She goes out in the morning when I get up and then goes back out when I get home from work. I want to get one of those dog/cat doors for the sliding glass door. Now when she isn't allowed outside like when it's raining or after she's had a groom like today she gets DEFIANT like a teenager! She will run around the house and jump at the sliding door. She starts to do things she knows she shouldn't! Her personality definitely has been revealed and I love it. She is stubborn like me and i love it.

Her other bad habit is she is a messy eater! lol I have never had such a messy eater. She makes all kinds of noises and everything but she gets it all over the floor. We don't know much about her history other than she was rescued from another shelter.

Buffy is Queen of the house for sure but she will have a new addition on Monday, Rosco.

He is a rescue I found on Craigslist. His owners just left him behind. I met him the other day and he was SO sweet. He hoped in my lap and started licking my face. I was like ok you are mine.
He will be a great new addition to our family!!

I love all the cute dogs and cats in the thread!! OH the cuteness!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

AWE!!!

English Bull Dogs are hilarious and so cute. I have yet to meet one that wasn't entertaining and full of energy!

The mastiff is adorable! Mastiff's are such sweet dogs, big babies.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What a bunch of CUTIES!! OMG!

You have beautiful dogs. I always admire you avatar because I know that is one of your dogs.

I love the cute puppy pics and then them all grown up. Just too cute!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I can tell you love your dogs very much! they are super beautiful.
And I feel the same, when you said "i wouldnt know what to do witouth my dogs".

Well my dogs are part of our family :up- we love them as much as the rest of the family members.

Dogs, They bright your day, they are always happy to see you, always there to comfort you. When I was more depressed I pushed myself to take them out, and we would take endless walk on the beach.
Theres nothing as loyal faithful and loving as a dog.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

OMG! so cute your babies as well. The dogs and the cat! the ruler. hehe

I think Dozer loves sleeping :p and eating?

Sorry about your dog that passed away

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Claps for the first feline!

He is adorableeeeeee!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Very amazing story, that was a lucky kitten!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Hahaha! your story made me laugh

Thanks for sharing.
Thats quiet a brave protective dog definitely!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JValhalla

Oh i never seen a pacman frog before

LOL about you playing rough with Bruiser!!! hahahaha.. I like to play rough with my dog Quiqui as well, her size is small, but her teeth are sharp! we jump and she bites my arm and feet leg, etc.. LOL. i usually have to tell her to stop because she can get too happy about taking a piece out of my arm.
So yes definitely I think we are not as rough as you and your lab.

OMG lucky is so cute, looks like a badass:p!- that skull outfits fits her to the T

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I'll have to add pictures later, but here's a little about my furkiddos.

Amelia is the old timer in the house, she's almost ten years old. You couldn't tell by watching her, she has a very obnoxious personality and loves performing her "acrobats" on the furniture. She is a Jack Russell Terrier/Miniature Poodle mix. She was the runt of the litter, my very first JRT was her mama. She has two brothers whom we adopted out to a friend and neighbor. Their names were Wilbur and Orville. They all had to have aviation themed names lol, I have a true passion for airplanes.

Something kind of cool regarding Amelia, is that she was almost adopted out to the Hanson's mother and little sisters. As a teenager I was very active in our local children's theatre. The sisters were both in the play Oliver Twist with me. The puppies had been born not long before we started rehearsals. As they got a little older during the course of the production I would take them with me fairly often. We organized a play date later on with their two adult JRT's to see if they would get along with each other...though they didn't really care much for any of the puppies, lol! That's the breed for ya, they definitely know what they like and dislike! Nevertheless it was kind of a strange experience!

Lydia is what I believe to be a Yorkshire Terrier/Maltese mix. She was brought in to the first animal hospital that I worked at, supposedly they found her wandering on the side of the road. She had a broken carpus (wrist) on her right front leg. We took xrays and discovered that she already had hardware in her right shoulder from a previous incident. She had no collar, no microchip, no tattoo. She had recently been groomed and had her nails painted. The family that found her couldn't afford to have a pin placed in her wrist, so they signed a euthanasia form and left. Once I discovered that she was going to be put down, that really bothered me. She only appeared to be a year old and otherwise healthy. I would not have felt right about her being put to sleep over something that's very fixable. I rescued her assuming that I'd find her family, but I never did.

She's five years old now and knows no fear lol, she's hilarious. Always looking for an adventure. She had surgery and was in a cast for several months. When it came time to remove the pin, my veterinarian told me that the bone had healed so well that it would have caused more damage to remove the pin rather than leave it. She she hops around on three legs for the most part, but it doesn't slow her down a bit, she takes off like a bolt of lightning.

Hazard is my little buddy. He's a three year old Jack Russell Terrier. He is such a people dog, he doesn't know a stranger. It totally makes his day when I have company over. He is, hands down, the best dog that I've ever owned. We're into obedience training, he's fantastic, loves seeing all his friends at dog class. He and I are hoping to take our Canine Good Citizen test this month and work towards becoming a therapy team. JRT's tend to get a pretty bad rap. Hazard is always changing people's minds about that! He is very high energy, but he truly loves nothing more than being by my side. He can make anyone laugh. He got his name from being such a klutz. He never pays much attention to where he's going because he's always looking up at me, lol...so he'll run into boxes, doors, etc.

He came into my life in a pretty cool way. The day after I had to have my first JRT put down, I was so sad that I didn't want to go into work (I worked at the same clinic). But I did and mentioned to a coworker that I eventually wanted another Jack. It just so happened that her daughter had a litter that she was going to try to adopt out that day. She hadn't yet and was able to swing by so I could see the puppies. She said that she had the perfect one in mind already. I was tied up in radiology that morning so I couldn't get up there to see right away. A client had just come in to pick up his dog that was boarding. He saw the puppies, he and his wife had been discussing for a while that they wanted a JRT, and he chose the puppy that was potentially going to be mine. So instead I chose Hazard and it was the best thing that could have happened at that point in my life, he's been my constant companion and I don't know what I'd do without him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join