It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cold War Germ Warfare film the UK Ministry of Defence didn't want you to see!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The Cold War Biological Warfare film the UK Ministry of Defence didn't want you to see - Operation CAULDRON 1952

60 years ago this year, UK military scientists from the Microbiological Research Department, Porton Down, conducted the first of a very large series of higly classified offensive Biological Warfare (BW) experiments one mile off the coast of the Isle of Lewis, Scotland. This extensive series of germ warfare experiments, codename Operation CAULDRON, involved 158 Service and civilian personnel, as well as 45 short-term visitors.

This series of TOP SECRET BW experiments involved the dissemination into the open air of two BW agents: Brucella Suis (Brucellosis); and, Yersinia pestis (Plague). The Operation CAULDRON experiments (known as field trials) were part of the development of two UK BW sub-munitions for a new type of RAF BW cluster bomb; the B/E 1 and B/E 2.

The very rare official film report of the Operation CAULDRON Biologial Warfare field trials has been declassified and is now available for public viewing. It was obtained via the UK Freedom of Information Act after a 3 year battle with the UK Ministry of Defence, who initially refused to release it.

Warning!

This declassified film, Operation CAULDRON 1952, contains footage which some viewers may find upsetting.

In 2008, the Ministry of Defence made it clear that the events portrayed in this 60 year old film [including the use of live animals] in no way represents current practice. This is a historical record of experimental UK Biological Warfare research procedures which were in use over 60 years ago, and should be viewed as such.

OK then, thats enough preamble. Here is Operation CAULDRON 1952

zero lift
edit on 27/9/12 by zero lift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i hope those testers doing that on the animals, are rotting in hell right now, dying of cancer or watching THEIR loved ones waste away from disease and suffering.... in fact, i hope their hole family blood line suffers

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero lift
The Cold War Biological Warfare film the UK Ministry of Defence didn't want you to see - Operation CAULDRON 1952

Warning!

In 2008, the Ministry of Defence made it clear that the events portrayed in this 60 year old film [including the use of live animals] in no way represents current practice. is Operation

zero lift
edit on 27/9/12 by zero lift because: (no reason given)

Ahem bulls**t cough.....
Been to porton down ......one of the few places in the world that keeps samples of most if not all agents in their LIVE form

They may no longer conduct these tests on small focus groups .....as they said ......
edit on 27-9-2012 by Neocrusader because: Removed some quote

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Why should anyone trust that they "don't do this anymore". What has changed for us to actually believe a word that any of those miscreants and psychopaths in government (in the UK, USA or any nation) tell us?

Every single week there is a new story of how our governments fail, how they abused their own citizens in the past, how they waste resources, make dodgy deals with corporations, help criminals, arm dictators, create terrorist groups... Why does ANYONE on Earth vote? Why do we keep electing the same sickening people into office and stupidly believe that anything has changed, or that anything WILL change?

The system has not changed, the military industrial complex has only GROWN, weapons are becoming more and more horrific with each passing decade, and all we do is replace the talking head of the monster every few years and expect things to magically improve.

I can absolutely GUARANTEE that in another sixty years there will be evidence of what our governments are doing right now, and I have no doubt that they will also say "don't worry, we don't do that these days!"

And why do they wait 60 years? Because everyone responsible is dead, unaccountable. They've had their millions in payoff's, their golden pensions, they've put their precious kids through the best schools and now they're the one's doing all this BS now. By the time we find out what the government is doing now all those responsible for it will be dead and again unaccountable for their psychopathic behavior.

Ask me why I don't vote - Because it's a waste of my time and an insult to my intelligence.
edit on 27-9-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Don't have to tell me dude
Just have a we look into the secret bio tests conducted in the '70's on the general population .....by the then labour gov....admitted by the conservatives in the lead up to the gen election there
Now what will be harder to find is evidence of the tests conducted in the '80's '90's and 00's

But like you say .....not enough times past........something to look forward too .....kinda

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
And why do they wait 60 years? Because everyone responsible is dead, unaccountable. They've had their millions in payoff's, their golden pensions, they've put their precious kids through the best schools and now they're the one's doing all this BS now. By the time we find out what the government is doing now all those responsible for it will be dead and again unaccountable for their psychopathic behavior.

Quoted for truth.
It's not just here in the West though but in Russia and China and elsewhere as well. We in the West have a slight advantage over those populations and that's that we do have access to this information [For what that's worth]

Let the debate/discussion/outrage begin....

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think I should just point out that these Biological Warfare field trials were conducted during the Cold War as part of a joint BW research programme being conducted by all of theTripartite countries: the United States of America, the United Kingdom, and Canada.

Similar BW trials were conducted over populated areas of all of these countries during the years 1949-1976 (thats as far as released Government docs go). They were conducted by all administrations during that period so party politics are totally irrelevant.

In fact according to declassified UK documents, UK politicians were very much kept in the dark about these trials. The Macmillan Conservative administration were briefly informed that something was going on in 1963, as was the following Labour administration in 1964, but in the main, Government UK Ministers of all persuasions were kept out of the loop.

As were the public!

zero lift

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zero lift

Yes sorry for bringing politics into it .....I just found it interesting the the cons admitted it in the run up to the last election there
Their statement was something along the lines of " but we can't comment further on this issue as it was carried out under a labour gov."

This is how we tend to find this stuff out, through political tit for tats

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Quoted for truth.
It's not just here in the West though but in Russia and China and elsewhere as well. We in the West have a slight advantage over those populations and that's that we do have access to this information [For what that's worth]

Let the debate/discussion/outrage begin....

Good point
And one I try to raise in the "the US military would kick chinas ass" threads

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

No worries.

You're right about the tit for tat accusations though. A good way of gathering info from the spineless b's.

For the record all of the UK's Zinc Cadmium sulphide field trials which were conducted in populated areas were done under Conservative administrations (Churchill, Eden, Macmillan, Home), and the later massive crosswind live bacteria releases in public areas were done under a Labour government.

zero lift

new topics

top topics

join