It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now tell me thats not the coolest thing you ever seen!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So true but it seems to be just freewheeling no electromotive force is really being induced at all. Id like to see a mercury filled vessel heated with this and measure the energy put in to what thermo energy will be released kind of like how a reactor works. Sorry hitting the wrong buttons here.
edit on 27-9-2012 by ed1320 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
While this is indeed fascinating to look at (for a layman, non-engineer like me) - there is no doubt that the energy for driving the motor is not "free".

I just don't like how those youtube posters use the word "free" if its obviously not.

This device could even be less effective than a normal stove, in terms of energy required to move the magnets and then heat the copper pipe.

If your an engineer then you will realise that you could keep the magnets stationary and rotate a thin copper disc at high rpm above them and the power needed to do this would be very small...no its not free, I never titled the vid and neither did the man who made it.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now THAT is COOL!!!!

The speed of the rotation of the shaper wheel at several thousand RPM with the magnets in N S N S N S N S polarity all around the wheel creates a magnetic friction that causes the heat.

You'd better start investing all of your money in this guys project if he has a patent on it, because he's going to be rich, rich, rich.

A person could build a similar lighter flywheel with neodymium magnets in it, and rotate it at high speed with less electricity and heat tanks holding water in order to produce cheap efficient steam energy.

In otherwords; cars, trucks, locomotives, planes, lawnmowers and etc.. of the future will be able to use this technology to produce a clean highly efficient motor for uses of all kinds.

You could put small turbines on the front of your vehicle, and as you go down the road this would let air through which would turn the turbine, and the turbine would in effect create heat because the outside of the turbine would be spread with magnets in the same array as this man used on his spinning wheel. The turbine/magnet generator would in fact give your vehicle free motive force once the vehicle was up to speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 27-9-2012 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I think this is a lot cooler:

edit on 27-9-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

If your an engineer then you will realise that you could keep the magnets stationary and rotate a thin copper disc at high rpm above them and the power needed to do this would be very small...no its not free, I never titled the vid and neither did the man who made it.

I believe he means the title of the video on the Youtube site, which clearly says, "FREE HEATING - YouTube" on the tab after you click to watch the video on that site. The person posting the video has the name FreeEnergyLT, and links to a FREE ENERGY site. He is just saying it's not free energy, since you have to power the motion of the magnets, or as you say, a copper disc spinning over the motor.

However, thanks for posting the video, very interesting for a normal person like me to view. It's fun to see what people can come up with that are outside the normal ways of doing things.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

And it would probably slown down the vehicle - friction of the air hitting the turbine. YOu know...

Smarter to just make a teardrop-shape car to let the air go around it.

But something like that might make sense going downhill, if it could disengage elsewhere.
edit on 27-9-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
wow

thats one
of the hottest things i´ve ever seen!

Nice find
edit on 27-9-2012 by JimIrie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

While this is indeed fascinating to look at (for a layman, non-engineer like me) - there is no doubt that the energy for driving the motor is not "free".

I just don't like how those youtube posters use the word "free" if its obviously not.

This device could even be less effective than a normal stove, in terms of energy required to move the magnets and then heat the copper pipe.

So,

this is the second thread were some ominous "russian dude" claims free or semi-free energy based on some ridiculous simple principle - REGARDLESS - any known physical law plus common sense speaks against it.

Even if the copper disc would be light (indeed, a good idea at first glance!) isn't HEAT a result of friction?
I mean i learned in kindergarten already that heat is (mainly) produced by friction.

In this particular device, aren't the magnets held by a magnetic field or something and it would require SIGNIFICANT energy (dependent on the strength of the magnets!) to move the disc?

Please do not tell us AGAIN this is some revolutionary, magically device which would enable to produce energy/heat with FAR LESS energy than previously needed, eg. compared to conventional methods etc...it's physically not possible.

EVEN if i assume this was the case, say this magical device would only use 1/10 or 1/50 of the energy and can "magically" produce MORE energy than put in (every physician right here would already laugh out loud) - why is it we do not have such devices already everywhere, say, household items, heaters ..for god's sake even a coffee maker..which would save tremendous amounts of energy/money?

WHY? Because it's simple total BS. Excuse my bluntness, but it is.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

Edit: The title of the video is "FREE HEATING" and its upload by and pointing to a site called freeenergy.someominoussitesomewhereinrussiar.com

So..the intention is more or less clear to IMPLY it's free energy - i didn't say you did it or you made the video

edit on 27-9-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The heat is caused by induction. The moving magnets creates electrical eddy currents within the copper. Those eddy currents produce heat through electrical resistance in the copper.

Here's a video of the reverse being done. Stationary magnets and a rotating copper disc.

edit on 9/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by LUXUS

Friction heat accumulates even by a turning metal of any kind if you lay anything on it right? I mean if you have a spinning metal anything and even put a piece of wood on it the wood burns. The way he is doing this to make the heat, caused by friction, the copper pipe would wear out and need more and more copper pipe?

Ah never mind I see the pipe is not touching the wheel right?

No. You nailed it. He is touching the pipe to the "3450 RPM" wheel. That is surely friction. That is surely not induction. Scammer. He says the wheel is cool "everything is cool" in the beginning. Thats a lie too. If he "pre heated" the wheel before he turned on the camera, it would heat that pipe all the faster.

Besides which the "router or planer" he is using as a mount for the "magnetic induction genie" wheel plugs into the wall and at three horsepower is drawing amperage from the AC circuit in his house. Hardly "free". This so, so deceptive on so many levels. Jerkwad.

Sorry

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage's example is real. Notice the temperature is slowly climbing.

Inefficient at best. You can get as warm curling up with the motor behind the board that is turning the Cu disc.

At least this guy doesn't say "free heat". Nor is he pressing a piece of hand held pipe against a spinning wheel.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
No offence...but it's not the coolest. And jokingly...its looks rather hot too

Electrical fields and magnetic fields are tied together....its amazing that he decided to do this...but I think this stems from this guy working with searlsolution.com...

Magnets draw in electrons...

If you think about it 4th dimensionally he is creating a magnetic saw/ripple effect I love it in that regard
and the copper being a conductor is absorbing the energy like the elements on a stove top...

Now that aside, I delight hearing his slack-jaw accent as he works on this...everyone needs to work on things like this...this should not be so amazing, unfortunately, this NEEDS to be COMMON sense

Seems he has woken up to upper dimensions, even if only by accident...welcome to the new world
....I would gladly flag this many times...nice to see people thinking outside of the box...
edit on 9/27/2012 by Drala because: Changed my mind...I can do that..I think...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

Scale it up and use water to rotate it...it could rotate slower and use more magnets...I agree nothing is free... I will reiterate....searlsolution.com... SEG use that to rotate it...and then run turbines like they already do in nuclear generation....

These techniques should be developed and used...not poorly debunked by ENGINEERS...lol. Engineers design engines and more often that not are very mechanical minded...thus why your brain gravitated to the engine underneath...TRY to see the invisible...he might be on to something...
edit on 9/27/2012 by Drala because: Chuck Norris said so...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Drala

Scale it up and use water to rotate it

And you would get the same amount of heat as you would if you used a water wheel connected to an electrical generator to power an electric heater. The advantage of this being that you could use the electricity for other things when not heating something.
edit on 9/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Incorrect.

While the output would be similar, converting and reconverting takes away energy in the transmission loss of converting energy types.

It would be far more efficient using direct mechanical energy to heat copper via a water wheel.

You'd lose X% of that energy converting the mechanical energy to electrical energy via a motor then to a power source regulator and inverter, then to an inefficient heating element.

Yes you'd be able to use the electricity that the motor generates for other things granted... But in terms of which is more efficient... A direct mechanical turbine spinning either the permanent magnets or the copper would be more efficient.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I have seen a cook stove that uses similar tech to heat a pan using induction while the stove top stays cool to the touch.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

It would be far more efficient using direct mechanical energy to heat copper via a water wheel.

I'm not so sure.

Friction loss with the generator and spinning the copper (or magnets) wouldn't be any different.

Magnetic "drag" would be the same for either system.

I think an electric heater would be at least as efficient at producing heat from a DC (or AC) current as would a chunk of copper with internal eddy currents.

So the only difference would be the run of wire between the generator and the heater. I think it would be pretty much equivalent.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

this is what I had in mind.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well in a Motor generator setup, you'd have the similar magnetic friction from the motor itself.
Then you'd have wire transmission loss.
Then you'd be compounding the loss of power in the voltage regulator, then you'd be putting that power into a battery bank of sorts and you lose about 30% right there in that cycle.
Then further still in at best, a 90% efficient inverter that would then run the heating elements.
Then you are transmitting it again to the heating elements.

It would certainly be an interesting experiment to test.
edit on 27/9/2012 by Sovaka because: Missed a step

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Sovaka

I'm not so sure.

Friction loss with the generator and spinning the copper (or magnets) wouldn't be any different.

Magnetic "drag" would be the same for either system.

I think an electric heater would be at least as efficient at producing heat from a DC (or AC) current as would a chunk of copper with internal eddy currents.

So the only difference would be the run of wire between the generator and the heater. I think it would be pretty much equivalent.

Thankfully that what you "think" isn't always right...more often than not you are correct I have read many of your posts. Water is always flowing...heck if you want a cool one to think about catch rain water on your roof and then run it through a Kelvin's Thunderstorm setup...the argument it usually pumping water up to use in Kelvin's setup take as much or more than is generated by it.

To further the previous idea a bit more...the water is free if we catch it on the way down
Now wait till you realize that electrical energy travels the same and its slowly running with the water I previously mentioned... spin it and you are approaching current cold fusion ideas..water is a conductor of heat and electrical...could we not manipulate it to offset the heat and energy issues you and the previous poster have mentioned...the ancients were far more intelligent than you may realize..

Have you ever research the triboelectric effect...maybe use these natural materials to passively induct...just the scale need to be stepped up...as I am sure you know that watts = volts X amps...thus high voltage X low amperage gives the same wattage...

Don't want to ruin this thread...sorry OP...I'll leave now...

Phage...tell me why the SEG doesn't work..send me a PM if you like

edit on 9/27/2012 by Drala because: Chuck Norris said Fix the typo...so I did...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join