It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now tell me thats not the coolest thing you ever seen!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Rotating permanent magnets to induction heat metal, simple and beautiful!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Huh. I wonder if you could make a 200 watt super efficient heater, instead of those 1000+ watt ones.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Free??? How do you manage to come to that conclusion?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Who's you? I don't think he made or titled the video, right?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloro
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Who's you? I don't think he made or titled the video, right?

You, would be the person who named the video. Its not free heating, its cheap, but not free.

Who is "he"? OP could be female..right?

edit on 27-9-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

No its not my vid but I think its the perfect way to heat water, you could take that big heap of junk you use to heat your house and replace it with something the size of a shoebox!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

WTF?

That's some crazy #### my eyes just beheld......

Put me down for 1 magnet inducing heater......thing.

I knew Stan Deyo was onto something in his 1978 book - "The Cosmic Conspiracy" but could not get my head around his physics/maths (far too complex for my brain) BUT this little gem just reiterates his hypothesis on electro-magnetic tech.

S&F brah!!! - that's awesome

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Now just place a fluid that will heat with metal shreds in it to cause stir process from magnets below to generate hydroelectric type power add 1 of these

and something clean and cheap may be possible.
edit on 9/27/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a 3hp motor not efficient for heating metal. same energy with a heating coil is more efficient, but for this application.. a propane torch would get it done about as cheaply as it could get.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm having a hard time not imagining everything metal in my house flying towards my "heater".

edit on 9/27/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

You keep that logic up and you can expect a knock at the door some time soon.........

Well done mate - that's thinking outside the box.

Sounds to me you have some grown-up Lego building this weekend aye........to be showcased here on ATS sometime soon.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
a 3hp motor not efficient for heating metal. same energy with a heating coil is more efficient, but for this application.. a propane torch would get it done about as cheaply as it could get.

You dont need a 3hp motor! he is only using it because its what he has got at hand. You just need a high speed low voltage motor.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

lol I am cool with that Sublimecraft as long as they knock nicely
I do find it odd though that no new energy forms have came out. I know global finances has to do with it all but still you would think some would prefer a cleaner planet instead of just money that if the planet goes sour they wont be able to enjoy anyway (the irony)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
zomg.. magnets... must be free energy!
Kidding. Pretty cool use of induction.

I don't think it would be very effective at heating water since water isn't nearly as conductive as a copper pipe. Might work better with saline due to the ion concentration.
Of course, if you're just trying to heat water then it's best to skip this whole set up and use the electricity/fuel powering the motor to heat the water. Or use the sun which is as close to free as you can get.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
zomg.. magnets... must be free energy!
Kidding. Pretty cool use of induction.

I don't think it would be very effective at heating water since water isn't nearly as conductive as a copper pipe. Might work better with saline due to the ion concentration.
Of course, if you're just trying to heat water then it's best to skip this whole set up and use the electricity/fuel powering the motor to heat the water. Or use the sun which is as close to free as you can get.

You do realise that you would circulate the water through the heated copper tube right

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

north and south poles rotating, grabs the atoms in the copper tubbing and rapidly pushes then pulls them back and forth,

that IS the essence of heat, excited moving atoms, the magnetism is just making them move and getting them excited,

not exactly a new discovery that magnetism can influence an atoms position,

not sure what exactly you could do with such a tech,

now if he can find a way to get that magnet wheel spinning without the electricity, then he'd realy have something

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
On the vid he only holds the pipe in one small spot there is still 90 percent unused. Thats cool but it has the capability to do alot more. I would like to see more testing on this.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Friction heat accumulates even by a turning metal of any kind if you lay anything on it right? I mean if you have a spinning metal anything and even put a piece of wood on it the wood burns. The way he is doing this to make the heat, caused by friction, the copper pipe would wear out and need more and more copper pipe?

Ah never mind I see the pipe is not touching the wheel right?
edit on 27-9-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
While this is indeed fascinating to look at (for a layman, non-engineer like me) - there is no doubt that the energy for driving the motor is not "free".

I just don't like how those youtube posters use the word "free" if its obviously not.

This device could even be less effective than a normal stove, in terms of energy required to move the magnets and then heat the copper pipe.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
reply to post by LUXUS

not sure what exactly you could do with such a tech,

CRY...I cant take anymore, its just too much....I need to build a spaceship and get off this planet!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join