It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Had A Change Of Heart On The Boy Scouts.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

I've also heard from those IN the military that it is no big deal as a shower scene in boot camp is far from a shower scene in prison.

It’s not a big deal to gay soldiers but I certainly don’t want any meat gazers while I’m showering; that’s not fair to straight service members!

In the military, females aren’t allowed in male’s barracks after a certain time. Why is that appropriate discrimination yet its cool if homosexuals sleep in the same room as heterosexuals??

link   
reply to post by seabag

They have every right to exclude gays.

It's not just about homosexuals, it's about dfiscrimination against anyone who is not a christian.

And yes, they do have the right to discriminate.

But while they receive public funding, they shouldn't discriminate. I'm sorry you can't see that.

Receiving public funding to support discrimination is wrong. I have no long winded soliloquy or no highly detailed argument against it. That's how I feel.

If a private organizations wants to discriminate, it should not receive public funding, because it is against the law to discriminate in public places.

If they wish to remain a private organization, they should only receive private funding. They should not receive public funding.

Receiving public funding makes you a public organization.

link   
double post
edit on 27-9-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Obviously we have no control over what our representatives choose to fund. Public funding is used in the mass murder of babies which I oppose and abhor. The government should stop funding anything that is not expressly permitted them in the original Constitution and Bill of Rights.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

It’s not a big deal to gay soldiers but I certainly don’t want any meat gazers while I’m showering; that’s not fair to straight service members!

Big Man fears crack me up.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by seabag

They have every right to exclude gays.

It's not just about homosexuals, it's about dfiscrimination against anyone who is not a christian.

I don't think that is accurate.

I'm sure it is specific to some groups - - especially in the bible belt.

But I believe only a belief in God is the requirement of the Official National Boy Scouts. There are Muslim Boy Scouts. There are Jewish boy Scouts.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
because of a TV show hosted by the biggest hypocrite out there?

Good thing you aren't awake.... I was a boy scout this was never an issue......

Like it or not, it is now an issue.

Link

Link

If they are receiving public funding from the tax payers, they are subject to abiding by national law. They cannot have it both ways, they either end their discrimination and keep accepting that funding, or they stop taking that money and become a completely independent entity.

It's just another method of religious indoctrination, and I truly think any parent involving their kids in such a hateful organization needs to be spanked for bad parenting.

Whether a parent agrees or not, I don't care. You allow your child to grow up with a bigoted view of others and you are responsible for holding them back in a modern world.

Like it or not, Humanity is moving forward. All homophobic parents are doing is limiting their children in the future. Their kids will grow up to be disliked by those around them. And a part of me says that's justice.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

IMO the reason people feel this way is because they are the men that oogle women all day long and think nothing but nasty thoughts about them.

So, therefore, they don't want another man doing the same to them.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

And yes, they do have the right to discriminate.

But while they receive public funding, they shouldn't discriminate. I'm sorry you can't see that.

They have a right to discriminate against non-Christians also.

I totally see your point on the public funding aspect but I’m more in agreement with DarthMuerte when he said:

Cut them all. The government should not be supporting the BSA or PBS.

The fed shouldn’t be funding PBS or BSA or healthcare or college or anything else that’s not in its job description. These things are certainly not the role of the federal government; at least not the role the founders had in mind.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Oh it’s not ‘fear’ its more like discomfort.

It’s very unsettling to have a meat gazer in the shower with you. It’s more detrimental to his health than mine; that I can assure you.

I have no problem with gay people of any gender I just don’t think I should have to shower with them. Is that fear to you? Is that too much to ask? Do you have a young daughter? How would you like me showering with her tonight and checking her out? What's the difference?

edit on 27-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Something to be ashamed of?

How about someone with a foot fetish looking at you? What if someone has a nose fetish, or ears?

Oh noes! People can see you!?!

A heterosexual man shouldn’t have to shower with gay men…..

Why do gays feel the need to force their position and flaunt their status?

Get over yourself. People looking at you is not doing you any harm now, is it? What difference does it make to your existence, and how is it any different to someone just seeing you as you are right now? You don't know what anyone is thinking any time, so why do you think you're important enough to be protected from other individuals thoughts?

Then why don’t they have coed showers in college? Why do we have a ‘men’s room’ and a women’s room’? Do you honestly expect me to believe you don’t understand the point here??

I suggest that the next time you go outside you wear a Burka or something. You can't have people looking at you and having any thoughts now can you!

Seriously, the IQ level on ATS just dropped another ten points with your post.

There is nothing wrong with my IQ. Tone down the personal attacks. You should be used to most people not being on board with your gay agenda by now; gay isn't the social norm.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

You people must have sex, sex, sex on the mind at all times.

This counter argument to my argument is the height of ignorance.

THEY ARE TEENAGE BOYS.... all they think about is sex. Even if it's not sex, expect a sexual innuendo to be tied into it.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

There was a gay kid on my hockey team and I was always creeped by him being in the locker room. He was a cool kid, but you couldn't help but think he's looking at you or judging you or who the hell knows what. We'd all joke around about it, but for every joke he made you couldn't help but know there's an underlying truth lol.

My stance on gay rights is "it's your choice, do what you want" but they should not be permitted to infringe on straight people's privacy, comfort or personal sensibilities. Honestly I don't understand why that's so much to ask..

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by seabag

keep.your nose.and agenda out of the boyscouts. let them make the rules.they want to none of your business.

pretty classless trying to berate members because they dont agree with your agenda.

SHAME ON YOU
edit on 27-9-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I am a scoutmaster.
I have never once asked the sexual orientation of a scout. I have never once asked the religious denomination of a scout or his family. No one in my Council has ever asked me to do either of those things. Our troop has never once received any public funding. I am not aware of any public funding going to our district or council. In fact my understanding is that the so called "public funding" amounts to nothing more than the use of schools to have meetings. In our area schools are used for all kinds of organizations to have meetings and events including churches.
This is an agenda looking for a problem that just is not there. My district and council is one of the largest BSA councils in the country and I just dont see this discrimination that everyone is talking about going on.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Come on people, let's keep this civil, please.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragoon01

If you were to watch the episode, you would see a couple of scouts who had been dismissed for being gay. One was a scout master for over twenty years.

It really does happen. Just because it may not be happening where you are, that doesn't mean it does not happen anywhere else.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

There was a gay kid on my hockey team and I was always creeped by him being in the locker room. He was a cool kid, but you couldn't help but think he's looking at you or judging you or who the hell knows what. We'd all joke around about it, but for every joke he made you couldn't help but know there's an underlying truth lol.

I know that’s right!

It’s not a funny joke if it doesn’t ring true.

My stance on gay rights is "it's your choice, do what you want" but they should not be permitted to infringe on straight people's privacy, comfort or personal sensibilities. Honestly I don't understand why that's so much to ask..

Yeah, that’s about where I am, too. I don’t care much what adults do in private.

With regard to the Boy Scouts (or girl scouts), I don’t feel comfortable with MY child sleeping or showering with someone of the opposite sex (showing with a homosexual is no different). When my child becomes an adult and makes his/her own decisions about showering with the opposite sex (or a homosexual) then that will be his/her decision at that point. RIGHT NOW I’M IN CHARGE of their decisions and I DON’T LIKE IT!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragoon01

Double

edit on 27-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join