posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Great minds think alike

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
www.youtube.com...

This speaks for itself: It's really sad...but, unfortunately the ugly truth.
Obviously the reason Obama is UP in Cleveland.

Research is your friend and prevents you from looking like an idiot:

Also contrary to what is suggested in the example quoted above, LifeLine/Link-Up is not an "Obama program" (i.e., one that was initiated by or during the Obama administration). The LifeLine and Link-Up programs were established by the FCC in 1984 and 1987, respectively, during the administration of Ronald Reagan.

~Snopes

Let's see the GOP defend THIS one!!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by IAMTAT

its disgusting how much free crap these people are getting and the new headline on the drudge report is

"Im voting for Obama because he got me a phone"

come on liberals defend this I dare you

See above ^^^^^^

Shoe squarely on the other foot....

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

And I pay $85/month = $1,020 a year for my phone! Wow, am I getting the shaft!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Can't be the same thing. There were no cell phones in 1984. I do remember bag phones in 1988, but Reagan never gave those away to anyone for free.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I recall hearing about this program a few months ago and I wasn't concerned about the "free stuff" to the moochers and sponges....(/sarcasm). I was more concerned about the police state implications.

Sure, you get this free phone...you go in, register and voila!...they now have a tracking device on you. They can see where you have been and at what times and who you are calling and possibly eavesdrop since it is a gov issued phone

Hell with some of the over-rides they can do, they may be able to open a channel to hear what you are saying and activate the camera to see what you are doing even when the phone is in your pocket and not being "used".

Pretty scary stuff to me. I did not see this as a "gimme"...I saw it as a trap...for millions of suckers out there....

It's coming folks...well...when you think of the above as I did....it's actually already here...we just don't want to see it yet.

edit on 9/27/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

www.youtube.com...

Also contrary to what is suggested in the example quoted above, LifeLine/Link-Up is not an "Obama program" (i.e., one that was initiated by or during the Obama administration). The LifeLine and Link-Up programs were established by the FCC in 1984 and 1987, respectively, during the administration of Ronald Reagan.

~Snopes

Snopes is an unreliable source, ran by a couple who are working for the democrats... do your research
Snopes is a scam

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

True...Obviously, this Cleveland Obama supporter didn't do her research. OBAMA gave her the phone...so she's voting for HIM!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Can't be the same thing. There were no cell phones in 1984. I do remember bag phones in 1988, but Reagan never gave those away to anyone for free.
\

Nice... Be sure to open your mouth before you know the facts...

The SafeLink Wireless service was launched by TracFone in in September 2008, months before the election that put Barack Obama in the White House....

~snopes

This is way too easy...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

www.youtube.com...

~Snopes

Snopes is an unreliable source, ran by a couple who are working for the democrats... do your research
Snopes is a scam

Bull#....

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Started in 1985, the Lifeline Assistance Program has brought free telephones and service to millions of Americans over the years. Consumer participation rose dramatically when the program was expanded to include cell phones in 2008. To assist the public, the process of applying for a phone was made simple. In fact, no documentation is needed to prove eligibility on many applications.

The next free thing in the works is free internet for the low income...

There will be studies and tests done to see how the program can be extended to guarantee broadband internet for all low-income Americans. The FCC also hopes to extend the services available on the existing phone plans such as broadband or other optional features.

Totally disgusting. Why the hell do I work at all? Why not just stop and sponge like the rest? We should all just stop working. Stop feeding the beast and everybody should get on these programs. Starve them of cash and drain the system more quickly. Destroy this beast from the inside.
edit on 27-9-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Much longer than Reagan, since 1934. It has been used for land lines in the past and cell phones now. Under Reagan is was updated as a part of the deregulation so that it would continue. Low income, rural, and other users are funded by a fund the phone companies have payed into in a deal with the Gov since the 30s.

So once again here at ATS we have a bunch of people complaining about things they know nothing about. This has nothing to do with Obama and your tax dollars do not fund it.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Just to remind the people here about the obama phone

They should have her speak at the DNC, shes more honest and intelligent than most of the liberals out there
edit on 27-9-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I am an ardent support of President Obama -- I don't get a free phone -- on the other hand I am not poor -- I don't have to worry about - food - transportation - housing - child care - debt collectors - or being shot when I step out the front door. I don't begrudge this to the poor. On the other hand -- this ain't Obama's deal Raygun Clinton bush have all had telecommunications assistance for both land lines and cell phones. Have you tried to find a phone booth lately.

So set your hair on fire - show a movie of some ignorant Obama supporter; be careful though when it comes to ignorant supporters, the right's target field is pretty rich.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
So once again here at ATS we have a bunch of people complaining about things they know nothing about. This has nothing to do with Obama and your tax dollars do not fund it.
This is NOT QUITE a lie. It is funded by a hidden tax called the universal service fund. This is a tax levied on the service providers which, like ALL corporate taxes, is passed through to the consumer.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

~Snopes

Why don't you do a little Better Research, friend,,,,Did not include Free Phone Service and Defiantly Not Free Cell Phones.
RE-EVALUATING FCC POLICIES CONCERNING THE LIFELINE & LINK-UP PROGRAMS

Since 1984, the Lifeline Assistance program (“Lifeline”) has been the centerpiece of efforts by U.S. telecommunications regulators to ensure that traditional local telephone service is affordable for low-income households. 1 Lifeline reduces monthly local telephone bills for customers who sign up for the benefit through a credit on their basic service charge. The Federal Communications Commission’s (“FCC”) rules 2 establish the amount of the discount, which averaged $11.22 in 2004. 3 The Link-Up America (“Link-Up”) program, a companion program to Lifeline, reduces the cost of telephone installation by fifty percent. The LinkUp reduction assumes the form of a credit to the service installation charge. 4 A third program, toll limitation support, compensates eligible telecommunications carriers for offering no-cost toll limitation service. 5

INITIAL POLICY OBJECTIVES – LOW-INCOME SUBSCRIBER ACCESS TO BASIC TELEPHONE SERVICE AT AFFORDABLE RATES

The FCC’s 1997 Universal Service Report and Order interprets the 1996 Act as follows:

With respect to the Lifeline and Link-Up programs, we observe that the Act evinces a renewed concern for the needs of low-income citizens. Thus, for the first time, Congress expresses the principle that rates should be “affordable,” and that access should be provided to “low-income consumers” in all regions of the nation. These principles strengthen and reinforce the Commission’s preexisting interest in ensuring that telecommunications service is available “to all the people of the United States.” Under these directives, all consumers, including low-income consumers, are equally entitled to universal service as defined by this Commission under section 254(c)(1). 20

source: jthtl.org...

No where does it State Free Phone Service, Only Affordable! Ronald Reagan's and affordable phone service for low income families Not Free Service!
As a matter of Fact, Who was President in 1996? Here let me Help You Out on that one.

Democratic Presidents,,,,,,, Pandering for VOTES!!!!!!

Reply to IsawWHATtheyDID :

this is just as bad as "I want my obama money",

Yes and here is the Picture.

That's Right baby,,,,, No jobs, No House, No Gas and No Food,,, But I'll Give Ya a free Cell phone, For Just One More Chance!

edit on 27-9-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)
edit on 27-9-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
its amazing how lacking on attention to detail all the previous posters have been,

look at how many views this video has, then look at how many comments it has,

pay attention to detail so people dont have to point things out for you

3,992 comments on that video at this time

2,264 likes 835 dislikes on that video at this time

youtube says that video has 317 views at this time...........................................................

youtube owned by google, google in bed with the cia...........

seriously? none of you noticed that?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

In answer to your post:
I don't know why this thread doesn't have more flags...certainly most people who have posted here agree with me that this youtube video speaks for itself....and it's not only sad, but funny because its true.

Probably because most people have gone right to the video...and were shocked.

Folks...this poor woman is sadly where our population is heading...and after four more years of Obama...we'll be there. Pure and simple.
We are becoming a 'gimme' nation...and Obama is more than happy to hand out 'free' goodies for votes from people like this woman. In four years, this lady will represent the majority of voters in this country.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join