It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest One Day Death Toll: 343 Syrians Killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

(CNN) -- The death toll in Syria hit 343 Wednesday, the highest daily toll since unrest broke out in March 2011, an opposition group said. "The regime is escalating the violence at every possible opportunity and it is proof that it is determined to crush the revolution by any means necessary," said Rafif Jouejati, a spokeswoman for the Local Coordination Committees of Syria.

www.cnn.com...

No indication if this was all due to Assad's Military Forces or militias would just want to destabilize the country so bad that NATO intervention is inevitable. It's thee most complicated situation going on right now, on planet earth and no one is stepping up.

If the militias stand down and the fighting stops, Assad remains in power until the next large struggle comes and then that same things will happen. I think they should solve their own problems but... too many innocent children are being hurt and... I have to say, honestly, I think NATO should step in.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
No replies?

If this happened in Canada, or U.S or Australia (any "Western" nation) the world would come to a stand still but since it's in a war zone.. I guess its expected.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I think NATO should step in.

What role should NATO play?

No-fly zone..boots on grounds?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
What role should NATO play?

No-fly zone..boots on grounds?

Here we go again....

Damned if we do, Damned if we don't!
Honestly, I say we should sit this one out.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
No replies?

If this happened in Canada, or U.S or Australia (any "Western" nation) the world would come to a stand still but since it's in a war zone.. I guess its expected.

Sorry I find it very difficult to believe anything the mainstream says, therefore I would be unwilling to let my emotions take over in support of 'going in'.

Who is causing the problems and who is killing who and what is happening are things I have been lied to about in the past when support was needed to back other wars. I am not saying it is not happening, just I cannot trust that what CNN says or any mainstream media source is true as oppose to pulling heart stings into supporting another war by exaggerating or fabricating figures and certain facts.

I hope this helps explain why I skipped over the thread the first time. Simply put I don't know whats true and I certainly will not take the mainstream media's word for it.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Amerika is evil if they intervene!

Amerika is evil if they don't intervene!

Sorry think the Us should sit this one out, same thing I said bout Libya.

Let someone else deal with it.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sorry folks,
We're 16 trillion in the hole and are still sending hundreds of billions to other countries. Time for the rest of the planet to ante up and pitch in. If the UN or new world order or Al Gore and his billionaire carbon tax buddies want to jump in and take charge then have at it. How about China? Europe? Maybe South America wants to go get a few trillion more in the hole and have their sons and daughters killed and maimed in a futile effort to stop a middle eastern civil war.

I personally would like to see the rest of the countries in the middle east start policing their own.

If it only takes a few hundred dead people to justify going to war then we might want to go ahead and invade Mexico as they seem to be waging war on Americans any way.

What's that? American Citizens aren't worth killing and dying for? Just tall buildings and oil and people that would rather see us dead?

Right.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Time to sit this one out, me thinks.............

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
this is Russias problem more then the US defensively speaking. the reason they aren't going full tilt though is because they would be directly intervening against our assets again. (georgia 08)

we should certainly not be aide and abetting terrorist groups seeking to overthrow secular governments,
the precedent these set.. dangerous path for both sides to walk.
edit on 29-9-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Give it another month...Bibi might deliver a two for one deal.

Besides, Obama is in the middle of a campaign. He can't be bothered by the death of innocent civilians at a crucial time like this.

new topics

top topics

join