It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that human society has no choice but to develop friendships.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
"Referring to the current world situation, he said the approaches towards power and politics should change and be based on humanitarian values and principles of respect and kindness towards all human kinds so that a world could be created devoid of poverty, discrimination, occupation and threats."

Source

Israeli leaders meet Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in NYC in the year 2007:

edit on 27-9-2012 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
unless you're a homosexual, from the West, a jew or, pretty much, not like them.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
unless you're a homosexual, from the West, a jew or, pretty much, not like them.

A one liner from a site admin.. Cool.

Then why is he talking to Jews?

I wouldn't mind the US regime wiped off the pages of time...
Doesn't mean I want to kill Americans..

I would like the Iranian regime to be washed from the pages of history..
Doesn't mean I want one single Iranian to die.

I want the Zionists to fall to a new power..
doesn't mean the country get's nuked...

People are good and he is right ya know, no matter what motive he has to say those words..
If we don't stick together real soon, it's all over in a flash, literally.
edit on 9/27/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy

This was just two days ago when he said he wanted to destroy Israel...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

I just listened to that whole video... and then again..
Wasted my time (bout 9 minutes) you liar..

You said that he said "I want to destroy israel" in that video.

he talked about palastine, he talked about jews living in Iran..

Shoot I'm living in a parallel dimension or something..

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Israeli leaders meet Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in NYC:

Those aren't Israeli leaders and that video from 2007 is being discussed in this thread

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Israeli leaders meet Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in NYC:

Those aren't Israeli leaders and that video from 2007 is being discussed in this thread

Correct on all counts..
Thank you for showing me that.
Kind of changes the whole context.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Name me one other world "leader" who at least talks about the importance of people coming together (gays notwithstanding- I don't feel his stance on that one). And don't give me Obama.

I respect how calm and restrained Ahmadinejad is in the face of all the propaganda against his country- for example, I made the mistake of watching the Iran 180 clip in the recommended videos at the end, and it was one of the most one-sided hit pieces I've ever seen - they actually give the address of the hotel Ahmadinejad is staying in and say they expect more protests there. I can't believe people actually watch that crap. Amazing that people are so unable to think for themselves. I want those reporters and politicians to know how ridiculous they look. GO AWAY.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
THAT VIDEO YOU ARE SHOWING IS FROM 2007.

I think it's important people know it's not from this weeks UN MEETING.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
THAT VIDEO YOU ARE SHOWING IS FROM 2007.

I think it's important people know it's not from this weeks UN MEETING.

I edited my OP post, thanks for the info. I myself thought that the video was from this week.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that human society has no choice but to develop friendships

Did he manage to say it with a straight face ?? Seriously .. the dude is homophobic and hates the west, and yet he trys to fake being gandhi or something. Comical.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You should probably just remove the video as a source to support your intent of this thread.

As someone pointed out in the other thread, those are likely Haredi Jews in that video.

Haredi (Hebrew: חֲרֵדִי‎‎ Ḥaredi, IPA: [χaʁeˈdi]), or Charedi/Chareidi Judaism (pl. Haredim), is a term used to describe the most conservative form of Orthodox Judaism, often referred to by outsiders as ultra-Orthodox. Haredi Jews consider their belief system and religious practices to extend in an unbroken chain back to Moses and the giving of the Torah on Mount Sinai, and they regard non-Orthodox, and to an extent Modern Orthodox, streams of Judaism to be deviations from authentic Judaism

The vast majority of Haredi Jews rejected Zionism for a number of reasons. Chief among these was the claim that Jewish political independence could only be obtained through Divine intervention, with the coming of the Messiah. Any attempt to force history was seen as an open rebellion against Judaism.

It appears that Ahmadinejad was just trying to make friends with folks who support one of his main arguments.

top topics

join