It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 ObamaPhone [could] = 1 Obama Vote - Very funny video :)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
its amazing how lacking on attention to detail all the previous posters have been,

look at how many views this video has, then look at how many comments it has,

pay attention to detail people

6,385 comments on that video at this time

2,869 likes 1,096 dislikes on that video at this time

youtube says that video has 462 views at this time...........................................................

youtube owned by google, google in bed with the cia...........

seriously? none of you noticed that?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
reply to post by de_Genova

If you have one of the phones then you obviously fit into one of the following categories.

...if you participate in Medicaid, Food Stamps/SNAP, General Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8), Home Energy Assistance Programs (HEAP, LIHEAP & E-HEAP), The National School Lunch Program’s Free Lunch Program, Supplemental Security Income (SSDI) or possibly some other public assistance program

Assurance Wireless Free Cell Phones

Are you saying you should not qualify for any of these?

Are you gloating about milking the system?

Are you proclaiming that even though you receive government benefits you intend to vote for a candidate that will cut said benefits?

I am at a loss to understand your reasoning for making this thread.

Your post is intended to demean others and is not worthy of a response and your research (so-called) is very fuzzy, incomplete, and is obviously meant to disparage the elderly and/or disabled on fixed incomes. There is no mention there in your insulting post about income qualifications and there's no mention of persons who receive Veterans Disability benefits.

Take a hike.........

edit on 27-9-2012 by de_Genova because: text

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The Democrats have buying votes down pat. If Obama gets re-elected there will be no point in having elections. There is probably no point now.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think we all know there is a percent of the population that are going to look for a free ride and take advantage of the system there will always be those people.

I try to put in perspective though. When I was in Iraq I personally saw close to 100 million handed out in bundles to the population that was supposed to build supposed good will. I wonder how many phones that could have bought. We were nation building in Iraq while America was being neglected.

There is a good chance that if Romney is elected we will eventually be rebuilding Iran so even though handing phones to people that are not taking responsibility for themselves isn’t ideal at least it is going to Americans.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I guess it matters not how much we have learned, every four years the people actually believe in voting.
We get "outraged" over attacks on parties, etc...

But voting doesn't matter, right?

TPTB decide every move in this game, right?

Wouldn't it be amazingly great if everyone ignored politics and didn't turn out to vote, and act like we don't even know who the President is at the time, because it doesn't really matter either way.

If TPTB want someone conservative and war hungry, then thats what we get.
If TPTB want someone liberal and passive, then thats what we get.

I don't like it any more than you do.

Why do we continue to even discuss issues like, who are you voting for? and who is the better candidate?
They are all bought and owned by TPTB anyways.
We are only given the illusion of choice.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Video made Fox News - Hannity and Coulter - they got a good laugh too.
edit on 27-9-2012 by de_Genova because: Text

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
"Hey, I just met you and this is crazy but here's my number,. . . . . . . . . . . .

Using the Obamaphone!

edit on 27-9-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

no no no...:shk:
he [or a recording of his voice] calls you
those cheap, cheap O-phones are used to transmit subliminals
that's why they're called obama-bots

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
That lady is a crackhead, you can hear it in her voice. But the cellphone program for low income people has nothing to do with Obama. It's been around for decades, like all other social programs.

The FCC's LifeLine Assistance program was set up in the '90s to help low-income families with monthly landline bills. Over the past few years, the program has put more than 12 million wireless feature phones into the hands of low-income Americans.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
That lady is a crackhead, you can hear it in her voice. But the cellphone program for low income people has nothing to do with Obama. It's been around for decades, like all other social programs.

The FCC's LifeLine Assistance program was set up in the '90s to help low-income families with monthly landline bills. Over the past few years, the program has put more than 12 million wireless feature phones into the hands of low-income Americans.

www.usatoday.com...

Crackhead? That sounds like a racist remark !

Obama greatly expanded the free cell phone project. E.g., In January I was just allowed 250 free texts added to my already free phone service. I am told that the service will be increased to 500 min and 500 texts before November - again - courtesy of Obama. The particular program I referred to in the OP "Assurance Wireless - Virgin Mobile" is an OBAMA PROGRAM. Since he came into office there are FULL PAGE ADS in all the local papers touting these free Assurance Wireles Obama "Vote/Phones." Everybody in my city refers to these phones as "Obama phones." There is a reason for that. Virgin Mobile receives a subsidy from Obama - Obama and Richard Branson of VM are good friends BTW.. .

We also have another Obama freebie through another government subsidy deal with ComCast - FREE Obama Wireless Internet aka "Wi-Fi" in the city Philadelphia as do many other metro's across this great land.

And I still won't vote for him even if he gives away the entire store.........

IN DEPTH ARTICLE HERE - Forget Your Free Phone, Obama Has Screwed The Poor
“Everybody got Obama phone!”

A video clip posted by the Drudge Report that has since gone viral which shows an Obama supporter semi-incoherently blathering about how she is voting for Obama because the government gave her a free phone tragically underscores how the state exploits dependency by offering poor people trinkets while simultaneously stealing their entire economic future.

Once you have recovered from the hilarity of the video clip, the awful truth behind it begins to sink in. While this Obama voter screeches about her government-provided cellphone, Obama has been busy screwing the poor at every turn.

To clarify, the “Obama Cell Phone” program has provided 269,000 poor Americans with free phones and monthly service at a cost of over $1.6 billion dollars to the taxpayer, a figure that keeps rising every year.

edit on 28-9-2012 by de_Genova because: aw shucks

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

In the 90′s, the federal government set up the Lifeline phone service program via a mandate by the FCC. This program, funded by Universal Service Fund fees on telephone bills, provides qualified consumers with discounted (often free) monthly telephone service. It began as just a landline program and a few years ago made it’s debut with cell phones. It’s been commonly called the “Obama phone” but that’s an urban legend as free cell phones were added under the Bush Administration.

You need to dig deeper than justtaking the word of the person on the street. The program was set up in the 90s before Obama even ran for office.

www.freegovernmentcellphones.net...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I agree that is is an older program...possibly established under Reagan (land lines).
What is unconscionable is THIS:

obamaphone.net...

The Obama administration has branded this program in their name (See above link)...to give their target voters the impression that this free phone is a 'gift' from the benevolent Barack Obama...so as to garner votes.

I cannot find any references to 'The Reagan Phone, The Bush Phone...or even The Clinton Phone.

Taking a pre-existing govt. program and branding it as a give-a-way from a specific gracious and generous president is wrong.
edit on 28-9-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by de_Genova

That just goes to show that Fox News aka Romney Campaign Headquarters does not care about true journalism.

Earning their viewers the name Low Information Voters because a simple search on the internet easily proves that Obama didn’t start this program. I dont know why people even watch that garbage they do not even know what investigative journalism is.

Fox exists for the soul purpose of pushing the Right wing agenda.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

We also have another Obama freebie through another government subsidy deal with ComCast - FREE Obama Wireless Internet aka "Wi-Fi" in the city Philadelphia as do many other metro's across this great land.

I live in Philadelphia. Get your facts straight. See below:

www.multichannel.com...
blog.chron.com...

Philadelphia used to have free city-wide wi-fi for anyone to use when John Street was mayor, but it was next to useless.
edit on 28-9-2012 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
The Democrats have buying votes down pat. If Obama gets re-elected there will be no point in having elections. There is probably no point now.

I was thinking the same thing this morning. Can you imagine the uproar if a fiscal conservative ever DID get into the White House, and things like free phones really WERE cut?

I am afraid we have passed the point of no return...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I don’t know if I would call it unconscionable but it certainly shows that Obama didn’t start this program but I would agree he is getting the benefit of name recognition from it.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap

www.multichannel.com...
blog.chron.com...

Philadelphia used to have free city-wide wi-fi for anyone to use when John Street was mayor, but it was next to useless.

Get YOUR facts straight - Mayor NUTTER has implemented a new deal with COMCAST.................

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by IAMTAT

I don’t know if I would call it unconscionable but it certainly shows that Obama didn’t start this program but I would agree he is getting the benefit of name recognition from it.

Exactly.
obamaphone.net...
...is actively re-branding and marketing an existing government program as a 'gift' to voters (such as this woman from the video) from a benevolent and generous Barack Obama.
Whats next? Re-branding food stamps as 'OBAMA FOOD'?

Friends of ATS posting here...I urge you to FLAG this thread (if you haven't already) so that it gets taken out of the ATS 'backwaters'...and on to 'TOP TOPICS' or 'HOME' (Where everyone should see this video). There appears to be an ATS political agenda...at least where critical Obama stories are concerned.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

If you have one of the phones then you obviously fit into one of the following categories.

...if you participate in Medicaid, Food Stamps/SNAP, General Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8), Home Energy Assistance Programs (HEAP, LIHEAP & E-HEAP), The National School Lunch Program’s Free Lunch Program, Supplemental Security Income (SSDI) or possibly some other public assistance program

Assurance Wireless Free Cell Phones

Are you saying you should not qualify for any of these?

Are you gloating about milking the system?

Are you proclaiming that even though you receive government benefits you intend to vote for a candidate that will cut said benefits?

I am at a loss to understand your reasoning for making this thread.

Your post is intended to demean others and is not worthy of a response and your research (so-called) is very fuzzy, incomplete, and is obviously meant to disparage the elderly and/or disabled on fixed incomes. There is no mention there in your insulting post about income qualifications and there's no mention of persons who receive Veterans Disability benefits.

Take a hike.........

edit on 27-9-2012 by de_Genova because: text

Hardly demeaning or disparaging of anybody who takes advantage of something they are entitled to. I happen to believe a Lifeline phone is a good idea.

I'm just at a loss to understand your reasoning behind this thread.

Aha! Now I do.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap

www.multichannel.com...
blog.chron.com...

Get YOUR facts straight - Mayor NUTTER has implemented a new deal with COMCAST.................

Get YOUR facts straight.

See below:

finance.yahoo.com...

There's nothing there about Free Wi-Fi. The Internet Service isn't free, but costs $10.00/month. Also, you must have at least 1 child in your family to qualify.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
'Obama Phone' Romney protesters admit they were paid $11.00 per hour by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU).

dailycaller.com...

Watch protesters admitting they were paid by the SEIU:
(Filmed by the same videographer at the same anti-Romney protest as the OP's youtube post)

www.youtube.com...#!
Watch the white union thug organizers, corralling the overwhelmingly black protesters AWAY from the interviewer, once they realize he is not liberal media. Disgusting.

Another Obama rent-a-mob...bought and paid for by union dues.
Things are not what they seem, folks. Obama has to buy his votes in Cleveland, Ohio.
I live in Ohio too...and my vote isn't for sale.

Trust me...Romney yard signs in my area of Cincinnati outnumber Obama signs by at least 8 to 1.

<< 1    3 >>

join