It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibly Effective Protection from Fukushima Nuclear Radiation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't understand how people rely on natural radiation as the pat answer to 'Fukushima is harmless' when it's the man-made hot particles we're all talking about that when inhaled or ingested do radical damage. Is like talking apples and oranges - not the same, not related, not relevant.

Hot particles - plutonium, lead, cesium, strontium... not gamma rays and natural background radiation. Doesn't matter what 'science' you want to push it into, it's still hot particles dispersed far and wide.

And yes, all the nuclear testing in the oceans did its own damage - don't think they had the hot particles though - they seem to be specific to nuclear reactors where they like to also make weapons like uranium spent bullets... more gifts for humankind. Yes, our governments love us... (sarcasm)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: wishes

Hot particles - plutonium, lead, cesium, strontium... not gamma rays and natural background radiation.

What do you think it is about those hot particles which makes them dangerous?

Radioactive lead? Really?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Hi wishes! Long time… good to hear from you!

I don't understand how people rely on natural radiation as the pat answer to 'Fukushima is harmless' when it's the man-made hot particles we're all talking about that when inhaled or ingested do radical damage. Is like talking apples and oranges -

Besides outright disinformation in the main radiation stream, you mean? What I noticed is the difference in peoples minds between sources inside an outside the body is lacking and that is directly because nobody taught them that difference.

Go look for that information on the internet. Show me more photos of radiological studies like that "Plutonium in lung tissue of an ape" photo. I would love to disseminate more information about it along those lines . Most science about the harmful potential is in scientific notation and dry as hell. Reserved for the Atom engineers who are part of the problem. Any links you have about it are welcoming.

best wishes!

intrptr

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I know wishes and respect her knowledge base. She wasn't implying lead in wheel weights and bullets is radioactive.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Phage

I know wishes and respect her knowledge base. She wasn't implying lead in wheel weights and bullets is radioactive.

Dr. Chris Busby did an analysis on dust from a Tokyo highrise air conditioner filter. It contained a confirmed signature of Fukushima radioactive particles - including lead. I don't know if lead becomes radioactive when exposed to radiation - but I do know that lead particles in and of their own right are also lethal and being breathed in along with everything else from Fukushima. That video has been posted several times on the Japan threads. It was some spectro analysis machine that identified the type and alarming density of Fukushima particles. Whether anyone agrees or likes Busby is irrelevant, it is the information that is important.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I don't know if lead becomes radioactive when exposed to radiation …

Everything becomes radioactive when exposed to neutron flux like during a meltdown. The cores had sea water dumped on them in the initial stages, bad idea. Sea water contains virtually every element in the periodic table.

Uranium decay chain ends in lead. And yah, lead is still toxic as hell.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kluute

I sense truth in this thread

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Excellent article and video on indoor dust containing hot particles from Fukushima - and that they are difficult to detect with regular geiger counters.

Fukushima Hot Particle (Fuel Flea) Found 300 Miles Away, Measured At 40 Quintillion Bq/kg

As of 2014, screaming hot radioactive Fukushima nano particles continue to circulate around the world, 3 years after 3 different Fukushima nuclear reactors melted down, blew up and then melted through. Hot particles continue to be found very far away from Fukushima. In the following case, the hot particle sample that Marco Kaltofen, Civil Engineer & Ph.D. Candidate at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) got, came from Nagoya in Japan, which is 460 kilometers from the Fukushima mega nuclear disaster site.

"Hot" particles travel on the wind, in dust and on clothing, shoes, coats, cars or in the hair. Hot particles can travel very long distances, and Fukushima hot particles have been measured going around the world, because they were measured in Lithuania. Hot particles are different from x-rays, radiation from air travel and sunlight. How does one detect a hot particle? Since they float around in the air, it is not going to be measured unless it lands on the Geiger counter detector head, or is in VERY close proximity to it. Geiger counter radiation meters can usually detect alpha, beta and gamma radiation, unless the detector is built into a case or it is covered with shields. If your radiation meter all of a sudden goes crazy, and then goes back to normal a minute or so later, it probably measured a hot particle going by in the form of a dust mote.

agreenroad.blogspot.ca...

And here is Dr. Busby's dust analysis that also shows lead:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 23-5-2014 by wishes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Thank you wishes that is just the kind of scary information I know hides in the back of my mind. I was trying to forget all that on the West Coast. I am in a state of denial until I click on these threads and read about it. But I appreciate being reminded of it from time to time.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I don't know if lead becomes radioactive when exposed to radiation …

Everything becomes radioactive when exposed to neutron flux like during a meltdown. The cores had sea water dumped on them in the initial stages, bad idea. Sea water contains virtually every element in the periodic table.

Uranium decay chain ends in lead. And yah, lead is still toxic as hell.

u forget the cooling pools had no power too the pumps, and they were leaking, from the building twisting from the tsunami,,,point being the temp was climbing at the, rods, too the point of "combustion", if that happened u had runaway scenario,, so NOT a bad decision, just worse idea, best solution,, at the time.

My applause too the pilots who risked, there lives and may very well be sterile now.

rant over.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

u forget the cooling pools had no power too the pumps, and they were leaking,

No I didn't. Rocked by big earthquake, bashed by Tsunami. blasted by hydrogen explosions, the site reeled under the onslaught.

Debatable whether the dumping of seawater by helicopter was anything but a disaster. Being filmed however, they had to appear to be doing something. Imagine if buildings just sat steaming (which they did anyway) without "heroic' helicopter pilots "saving the day".

"Something must be done." What was done was done. Flashing the cores into steam and cavitation explosions by dumping cold water on the buildings further spewed radioactive contamination into the air. The run off went to he ocean.

And spread the worst of the fission by products further in the early hours. Analogous to putting out a volcano with the same method. Theres no point, except saving face and looking busy.

Sorry Bob, got to disagree on that one.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

with respect,we only now, know that, a Fault Zone, in that very vacinity, had the cores gone critical, and exploded with nuclear force, im sure the math is available,, as to the size of 3 nuclear cores, detonating, in that area,,could very well have ripped a sieme all the way too Fugi,,(a well know Japanese,prophesy by the way,,),
remember the Earthquake in my opinion was the largest ever recorded, in quite a while,,
but, there was no big boom,, just a little gas,,,and the fact is,, it did not go big boom.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Just heard about an HBO Vice episode 'Playing with Fire' about Fukushima - here is a 4 minute trailer, another sober reminder. Kind of impossible to deal with something by doing nothing... er I suppose technically they're doing 'something', just nothing actually effective.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

…er I suppose technically they're doing 'something', just nothing actually effective.

And thats the rub. There is nothing to be done about the mess. They can bag it up and tank it up and bury it somewhere else all day long and it effectively just moves the problem somewhere else.

The end effect net result is they are spreading the radioactivity far better than the natural processes of earths eco system ever could.

The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing…

Thank you so much wishes for being a good source of information on here. That video is of an upcoming Vice show? I can't wait. Someone should do a thread about it.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

but, there was no big boom,, just a little gas,,,and the fact is,, it did not go big boom.

Actually there is some conjecture that the 2nd explosion at number three reactor building involved some small criticality and that was the reason the explosion was so big. Just gas could not account for the massive second eruption that followed the first orange fireball (the gas).

Some feel that the pressure produced by the initial gas explosion compressed the molten mass of fuel in the spent fuel pool enough to push it against the tank confines and there was a little "dirty squirt" or critical mass produced. Once it did go boom it blew it self apart scattering the remaining tons of fuel to hell and gone. Thats why the explosion left the building in such a shambles compared to what happened at #1 and # 4 where just the top was blown off.

The requirements for containment during build up to detonation in a well designed nuclear bomb are exacting. Even under the best conditions only a small portion of the pit in such devices goes critical. The rest becomes fallout.

That detonation in #3 would have blown most of the mass of the molten fuel away from that critical even before it too had a chance to become part of the overall. Thats why bomb pits have a just so big dimension, the shock wave of detonation overtakes the mass at a certain point.

The blast at Fukushima was not a pure detonation either resulting in a fireball like we see in a weapons burst. The free emission of photons would have been stymied by its own spongy, rather than solid construct which defeated the generation of a larger event. Plus the blast wave had to escapee the confines of the thick containment walls of the building. Burying a bomb is less destructive than setting one off in the open atmosphere.

Some small portion of the white hot corium in the bottom of the fuel pool was just molten and exposed enough in just the right place (maybe the corner of the bottom) to go critical.

Thats the theory anyway. I embellished it a little. I'm not a bomb scientist either.

What happened there was far dirtier as far as fallout than what happens when a real nuke goes boom.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

RickinVa posted the info about the HBO vice episode, they had just watched it - I tried to find it online and could only find the trailer. It just aired yesterday (I think) and isn't available as one of their older episodes yet.

In case this helps re explosions... the core(s) have been discovered all over Japan... and Europe - which I presume means it's also spread over North America. Is a crap shoot for every living thing whether or not they run into hot particles.
www.globalresearch.ca...

We reported in May 2011 that authorities knew – within days or weeks - that all 3 active Fukushima nuclear reactors had melted down, but covered up that fact for months. The next month, we reported that Fukushima’s reactors had actually suffered something much worse: nuclear melt-throughs, where the nuclear fuel melted through the containment vessels and into the ground. At the time, this was described as: The worst possibility in a nuclear accident. But now, it turns out that some of the Fukushima reactors have suffered even a more extreme type of damage: melt-OUTS. By way of background, we’ve noted periodically that scientists have no idea where the cores of the nuclear reactors are. And that highly radioactive black “dirt” has been found all over Japan. It turns out that the highly radioactive black substances are likely remnants of the core.

enenews.com... ter-norway-photo

“Nuclear fuel fragments” from Fukushima found in Europe — 10,000+ kilometers from reactors — Study: Plume “directly from N. America” — Hot particles a “significant part” radioactive releases — Quickly spread over entire hemisphere — Film shows core material on Norway air filter (PHOTO)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

That radiogram of the air filter in Norway is telling. Guess what all our lungs look like?

Maybe not yet but… anyway, time will tell.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: troubleshooter
reply to post by Kluute

I hope they had toilets handy ... can cause diarrhea at these doses.

Yes it can, but only if your body doesn't need to use all of the Vitamin C.

In other words, if you're healthy, no real diseases or illness, taken a low dose / maintenence dose makes sense, otherwise your body will excrete the excess, unutilised Vitamin C - usually in diarrhea.

If you're ill, have major disease and your body can use the high dose of Vitamin C, it will use it to fight the ailment and your body won't seek to excrete it, as it is needed by the body and used up - no diarrhea.

These guys working in a radioactive environment, were constantly in need of vitamin C, as their DNA was continually being damaged by the radiation...the high dose vitamin C would have been used continually to repair the damage that was occurring, so no toilet required.

Question:

Why aren't all nuclear power stations built a mile or so underground or beneath mountain ranges etc?

If this happened deep underground, nothing would be dispersed..we would only have lost the power station, the entrance to which could have been sealed and avoided.

Seems silly to me, they build these things above ground, out in the open where accidents can cause massive damage and danger to the entire world.

edit on 24-5-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
And i have always contended that,
1. #3 MOX fuel. Now confired
2. The MOX was from decomissioned war heads, from Salt 2 agreement.

Does MOX actually stand for Mixture of X?,,X being a secret, as per Salt 2 Agreement.
Now the part X was speculated at one time, a combination of Atomic Soup,
that once released into the Atmosphere and or Enviroment,
,would seek to search and destroy certain metals,
rendering those metals unstable.
Remember that the warheads this material came from MOX,,were designed to combat ww3 and win at any cost.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Does MOX actually stand for Mixture of X?,,X being a secret, as per Salt 2 Agreement.

No.
It stands for Mixed OXide.
edit on 5/24/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join