It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Todd 'Legitimate Rape' Akin: ‘Write me a decent check’ to get my attention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Rep. Todd Akin: ‘Write me a decent check’ to get my attention

Rep. Todd Akin, of "legitimate rape" fame, was caught on camera claiming that if you want his attention, you write him a decent check.

“I’ll tell you, it sounds sort of self-serving to say it but if you go out and somebody is working on campaigns and you find out that you like them, you think they’re a good person, you go help on their campaign, that gets their attention,” he continued.

“I’m in a three way primary for the U.S. Senate. I’ve gone to people and asked for their support, their help, or their endorsement and some people say yes. They write me a decent check. I remember that… You remember who’s helping you. That’s one way that people get to know Congressmen and Senators.”

Sound quality is low, you'll need to turn up the volume.

"They write me a decent check. I remember that… You remember who’s helping you."

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Sounds pretty accurate....Give them money and they will return the favor when they are in office.....

Money controls everything and even blatent outright words like this are just overlooked by the average person....

Pay me, donate money to my campaign and I will "remember" you........Unreal

By the way, after his legitimate rape speech, how is he even still running?? Must have some royal blood in that retarded body somewhere
edit on 9/27/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

S & F from me!

It appears organizers feel this is a great opportunity to get money from some of the wackiest and most backward thinkers in their party. They are appealing to the sickest of their base.

I wouldn't even call them the farthest "right" because those positions at least have to make some kind of sense. They have to be based in some grain of truth.
This mans popularity is based on unflagging belief in a despicable and damaging lie.
This is a little like soliciting the KKK for donations, which I'm sure they do also.

Let's strip ALL these career politicians of their positions. You're fired!

Start fresh.
Then, make 'em pass some kind of test to get back in office.

If you don't know where babies come from, maybe you shouldn't be representing the people.

edit on 27-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Safe to say, 'they' stopped representing honest working citizens, and represent only greed and money. The more money you shower on 'them', the more representation you get. Akin should be the poster boy for naked greed and ignorance.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What a POS, I don't know how people in this country can hear the words that come out of some of these peoples mouths and not even think twice about it. You are elected to to represent the American people not the highest bidder. what a chump!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I don't get what I'm supposed to be reading. That politicians remember those who donate to their cause? Der..

This is like making a thread exclaiming that the sky is blue!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

As a voter, this feels like a "legitimate" case of something... can't quite think of the word, though.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Pay to the Order of Claire McCaskill

I bet that gets his attention, too.

edit on 9/27/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

By the way, after his legitimate rape speech, how is he even still running?? Must have some royal blood in that retarded body somewhere
edit on 9/27/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

Cuz....While the GOP tried to distance themselves from his statement...behind closed doors they are on the same page on reproductive rights...

DeMint’s PAC poised to funnel $290,000 to Akin
thehill.com...

The National Republican Senatorial Committee on Wednesday cautiously opened the door to getting back in the race after insisting for weeks that it would have nothing further to do with Akin.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
He also on record for this comment about his opponent;

Todd Akin: Claire McCaskill Was Much More 'Ladylike' In 2006

What's his view of 'more ladylike'? Subservient to men? Do not speak unless spoken to? Barefoot and pregnant? I don't know how this guy keeps sticking his feet into his mouth at every opportunity, but he does.

join