It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is not the greatest country in the world.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by MarcellusWallace

Meh…. What a load

I must ask……If America isn’t the greatest country in the world then what country is?

Sweden or Iceland probably.

You just listed two of the highest cost of living countries.

Nope.

Cost of Living Rank - Europe Locations - Overall Cost of Living & All Baskets (Highest to Lowest):

www.xpatulator.com...

Switzerland, Zurich
Switzerland, Geneva
Russia, Moscow
United Kingdom, London
Liechtenstein, Vaduz
Denmark, Copenhagen
Norway, Oslo
Monaco, Monaco
Sweden, Stockholm
France, Paris
Jersey, Saint Helier
Austria, Vienna
Russia, Vladivostok
Italy, Rome
Russia, Kaliningrad
Isle of Man, Douglas
Russia, St. Petersburg
Belgium, Brussels
United Kingdom, Edinburgh
Germany, Frankfurt
United Kingdom, Guildford
San Marino, San Marino
Russia, Novosibirsk
Germany, Munich
Russia, Nizhny Novgorod
Finland, Helsinki
United Kingdom, Belfast
United Kingdom, Luton
United Kingdom, Manchester
United Kingdom, Liverpool
United Kingdom, Glasgow
Iceland, Reykjavik
edit on 27-9-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by MarcellusWallace

Meh…. What a load

I must ask……If America isn’t the greatest country in the world then what country is?

For over 230 years America has been the inspiration for freedom loving people across the globe. All the things he said at the end are why America is the greatest country in the world. Even though America has become corrupted by TPTB, so has every other country. The biggest difference is that Americans recognize this trend and are fighting like hell against it, unlike other nations who have willfully accepted tyranny! If any country has a chance at defeating the twisted tyrants in this world it is most certainly America! Americans don’t back down and we don’t give up.

Semper Fi

What's with all the freedom crap? Trust me, America has NOT been an inspiration to freedom loving people anywhere but American itself. America is no more free than any other western country, unless you count gun laws, which I don't because America has the highest firearm homicide rate per 100k people out of ALL the western countries (and most of the world), that's not a good thing. I never get why America makes it seem like they're the only free country in the world...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Well, that's the issue, isn't it?
People seem to think that it's some sort of competition, that someone has to be the winner.
In reality, we're all just trying to do the best we can with what we have.
Until this mindset is gone, we're all losers.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

I doubt that you have any conviction on what you wrote, but you certainly lack basic knowledge...

But we were the First ones to DEMAND IT.

No you weren't...

We didn't demand Freedom because our people were starving..

Great hint to the French revolution but history of revolts for freedom do not start with the French revolution, and the fact the people were starving was only one of the causes for popular support that was
utilized to reinforce an already existing movement (the revolt did not really start because of famine it was simply the catalyst)

We demanded Freedom for the sake of Freedom....

No you didn't you were a colony not a nation that revolted because of mismanagement from the crown and a establish capability for self support (something that others colonies did not have), the increase of taxation was the catalyst, and the movement was even less more empty of political ideals than the one in France. The ideals came later and in great part based in the French experience.

I think that means something even all these years after the 1770's

Even if those ideals were a beacon of hope, even more important in the long run than the French revolution. To what I agree (even if we can't really separate the two, one would have not existed without the other). Your constitutional ideals have over time been twisted in something that is very ugly, dangerous and abusive. In fact something that was predicted by those that came up with the text. I will seem that it will all end as a lost of a great opportunity...

link   
I wonder how the world would look if we had butted out of WWII.

link   

Originally posted by subject x

Well, that's the issue, isn't it?
People seem to think that it's some sort of competition, that someone has to be the winner.
In reality, we're all just trying to do the best we can with what we have.
Until this mindset is gone, we're all losers.

I agree with this, and it's pretty much only one country that has this mindset, guess who.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact

No. But we were the First ones to DEMAND IT.

Oh you really weren't.

Magna Carta. 1215. I make that nearly 561 years before America existed.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec

You could say that about any country involved, not a valid point. Anyway, we're talking about now, not the late 30's to mid 40's.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I wonder what would have happened if interests in the States hadn't funded Hitler in the first place.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

You would be speaking German as Germany would have taken over America once they were finished with Europe. Personally I thank the Russian for saving it.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

My family came from south and central america. And ended up living comfortably. It's your opinion that it's not the greatest country in the world. But I will say it's alot better than many other countries.

Especially because you have roots in South and Central America, you should have the background to see why that is so, but you probably will not get that covered in school, dig a bit about history and politics in the region...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by SpearMint

Yea, I wish we would have kept our mouths shut now we have to hear Aussies spew hate all the time...sucks for ATS

An aggressive, fight provoking response as I was expecting. I was in no way spreading hate, think before you speak because you just come off as arrogant, rude and extremely defensive. What I said is very true, sadly a large portion of the Americans I have conversed with are very culturally unaware and what they think is patriotism is actually arrogance, and they say America is the greatest country like it's an established fact. It's not, it's an opinion.

For the record, I do not think the country I live in is the greatest country in the world, so stop the cheap attack attempts.

hey, i like you aussies...don't lump all of us americans into one group, most of us are well aware of the crazy nuts we have here in america. as with most people that have pride in their own country, we also know that there are fellow citizens, that are vulgar, petty, arrogant, and not too bright.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

already posted.

Closed.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join