It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is not the greatest country in the world.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I understand that a thread must be backed by substance. But what follows is so superbly said that I really have nothing to add other than what you are about to see. America is not the greatest country in the world, and maybe acknowledging this very fact is the first step in getting it better and maybe one day the best place to be.

The most honest three and a half minutes of television

Thanks to HBO , scene from the News room.

Great show.

edit on 27-9-2012 by MarcellusWallace because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2012 by MarcellusWallace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Been posted before.
But good stuff!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MarcellusWallace

Everyone has already seen this video.... Check the search engine. Yes the US has problems blah blah blah.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
"We are the only ones in the World that have Freedom"

No. But we were the First ones to DEMAND IT. We didn't demand Freedom because our people were starving.. We demanded Freedom for the sake of Freedom.... I think that means something even all these years after the 1770's
edit on 9/27/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

What can I say?

My family came from south and central america.
And ended up living comfortably.

It's your opinion that it's not the greatest country in the world. But I will say it's alot better than many other countries.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Meh…. What a load

I must ask……If America isn’t the greatest country in the world then what country is?

For over 230 years America has been the inspiration for freedom loving people across the globe. All the things he said at the end are why America is the greatest country in the world. Even though America has become corrupted by TPTB, so has every other country. The biggest difference is that Americans recognize this trend and are fighting like hell against it, unlike other nations who have willfully accepted tyranny! If any country has a chance at defeating the twisted tyrants in this world it is most certainly America! Americans don’t back down and we don’t give up.

Semper Fi

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It is difficult for most minds to wrap their self around the awesomeness that is America...

edit on 27-9-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This has been on here before, very eye opening!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Meh…. What a load

I must ask……If America isn’t the greatest country in the world then what country is?

For over 230 years America has been the inspiration for freedom loving people across the globe. All the things he said at the end are why America is the greatest country in the world. Even though America has become corrupted by TPTB, so has every other country. The biggest difference is that Americans recognize this trend and are fighting like hell against it, unlike other nations who have willfully accepted tyranny! If any country has a chance at defeating the twisted tyrants in this world it is most certainly America! Americans don’t back down and we don’t give up.

Semper Fi

Um, well did you even watch the video? Those are some pretty razor sharp facts. I love America, But that is not what the Video is about. "We don't give up" yeah on everything accept our children's public education.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Meh…. What a load

Sweden or Iceland probably.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Only Americans ever said it was...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Meh…. What a load

You just listed two of the highest cost of living countries.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Meh…. What a load

I read a wile back that it's actually New Zealand. All the Scandinavian countries did well too.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Yea, I wish we would have kept our mouths shut now we have to hear Aussies spew hate all the time...sucks for ATS

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

Um, well did you even watch the video? Those are some pretty razor sharp facts. I love America, But that is not what the Video is about. "We don't give up" yeah on everything accept our children's public education.

Of course I watched it…..He clearly stated (near the end of the video) why America is the greatest country in the world (only he said WAS instead of IS).

I don’t expect you to understand my post. You’ve obviously made up your mind.

Enjoy your Kool Aid.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by SpearMint

Yea, I wish we would have kept our mouths shut now we have to hear Aussies spew hate all the time...sucks for ATS

An aggressive, fight provoking response as I was expecting. I was in no way spreading hate, think before you speak because you just come off as arrogant, rude and extremely defensive. What I said is very true, sadly a large portion of the Americans I have conversed with are very culturally unaware and what they think is patriotism is actually arrogance, and they say America is the greatest country like it's an established fact. It's not, it's an opinion.

For the record, I do not think the country I live in is the greatest country in the world, so stop the cheap attack attempts.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The land mass of the Americanaz has some issues in past and present time as do other land masses. But it does provide a melting pot environment for race and religion / genre that is hard to obtain in other parts of the world. I do not wish to speak in ego terms and call this land mass America greatest as to look down on other nations that are developing the similar melting pot layouts with multiple religious and ethnic genre groups being welcome there. But it does have fertile ground to be a role model for the world.. This is my main issue with America, it has potential to become a stronger influence once it can get past political businesses that interfere with its progression..

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Semper Fi

That's because America and the rest of the world were deceived and lied too
I'll see your kool aid, and raise you fluoridated water

As you put ......semper fi........blindly !
edit on 27-9-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

edit on 27-9-2012 by Neocrusader because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Does there have to be a "greatest country in the world" ?

If so, there should be some clearly stated contest rules, and a prize of some sort.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join