It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China’s ‘Stealth Attack’ on the F-35

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Over the last several weeks speculation has mounted that China had crafted a second stealth jet. While this is not major news in that stealth technology was original crafted in the 1960's, the idea that China may have stolen and used technology from America's F-35 would be a major blow to the troubled fighter program. The F-35 has had a host of problems and comes in at a very expensive price tag. If China were to make a fighter jet that was cheaper, based on the same technology, and could export it, many would begin to seriously question America's aircraft industry as a whole. What do you think?

thediplomat.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by travis911

China and quality assurance in the same paragraph you slay me.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Stealth is old news anyway, BAE Systems have developed a Radar that can detect stealth aircraft. Its just a fancy algorythm that calculates a lack of signal return to identify the stealth craft using complex mathematics that I have no hope of explaining.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
surely thats good news for the American military machine as it means another 100 billion dollars plus spent on developing the next new generation jet fighter while china produces enough f-35 clones at knock down costs to be able to match american air forces 3-1 in the chinese favour and still have change left over for another carrier

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

China has one carrier as does Russia. The USA has something like 10 right? China and Russia have a long way to go before they match America's hardware. Also in a war against China or Russia then NATO would be invoked, meaning the US's 10 Carriers plus all of their allies carriers. Despite the financial difficulties the west is having, NATO is still untouchable and Russia and China know this, hence there is no apitite for war.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
Over the last several weeks speculation has mounted that China had crafted a second stealth jet. While this is not major news in that stealth technology was original crafted in the 1960's, the idea that China may have stolen and used technology from America's F-35 would be a major blow to the troubled fighter program. The F-35 has had a host of problems and comes in at a very expensive price tag. If China were to make a fighter jet that was cheaper, based on the same technology, and could export it, many would begin to seriously question America's aircraft industry as a whole. What do you think?

thediplomat.com...

we had the stealth bomber 20 some years ago and now people think we still are using an outdated idea about stealth that was said to be stolen from the nazi's who stole it from a Russian. Im pretty sure the f 35 was put out on propose it has some high end stuff but nothing that really knocks peoples socks off and the cost is ridiculous so people don't want to reproduce it. Its a perfect cover plane lol how many times has its production been put off and only a couple have been put out lol gee i wonder why

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

Yea I've been thinking that too.. I wonder what else is there in the back hiding? I often wonder if that Black triangle I saw for 20-30 minutes that flew right above me 300 ft up silently was USAF. It sure seemed like it was.

I almost can't believe the F-35 is serious..

People think China is catching up.. Haha, umm no. I think it's some sun tsu stuff going on here.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
They developed this with the help of the downed Stealth fighter over Serbia in 99, that was sold to the Chinese.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Yep I recall when BAe bought some Brit soldiers a magnum of champaign when they locked on and tracked the B2 with a short range air defence system
America still gets twitchy when the Brits play with the kit used .....that was atleast 10 years ago ......probably a bit longer

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader

Yep I recall when BAe bought some Brit soldiers a magnum of champaign when they locked on and tracked the B2 with a short range air defence system
America still gets twitchy when the Brits play with the kit used .....that was atleast 10 years ago ......probably a bit longer

Correct, that was the Rapier II ground to air missile defence system. Designed and built by no other than BAE Systems.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Yep .....however I tried to avoid naming the system

As I'm unsure if the classification of that information ........but if you know it's probably unclassified

That didn't mean to sound condescending lol

edit on 27-9-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
surely thats good news for the American military machine as it means another 100 billion dollars plus spent on developing the next new generation jet fighter while china produces enough f-35 clones at knock down costs to be able to match american air forces 3-1 in the chinese favour and still have change left over for another carrier

There is very little chance of that. The reverse engineering of the downed stealth drone was estimated at taking at least 5 years. A jet is far more complex. Besides, imagine what can be done within a 5 year period in terms of development. As long as our cyber warfare division is maintaining its progress at that time, I can personally assure you that our r&d will be leagues ahead of the competition.

All of this has been planned for, the generational gaps closing, when it comes to mechanical tech. That's the whole purpose of the X planes being tested right now even. Whomever rules "space" commands the battle on any continent.

All of this doesn't even take into account what's waiting already outside of the publics view. We rule the night.
edit on 27-9-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

I'm ex air force and don't worry the information is unclassified as it happened at a public airshow. The American heirachy were of course rather upset that we did it and even more so that we did it at a public event so the whole world knew it was possible to track their stealth technology.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Pebble monkey ?....(a little bead window there )
I'm currently at your depot instructing on advanced CQB and ITAT ( counter green on blue ) courses
Any old Skool mates you wanna say hi to

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

There is no reason or person saying this besides me, on the internet here, but IMO China will develop a submergible carrier.

That might be why they want the smaller scaled down version of this aircraft.

edit on 28-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I personally think it doesn’t matter how many fighter jets a country has or how big their military are, not in this day and age where missile can reach all corners of the world. It will only take a one person to set off a nuclear bomb and it will cause a domino effect. Even if the a vase majority of people survive the initial attacks the global fallout that will follow with kill the majority off the rest and who remain will have nothing but a barren land to call home and all these jets and military tech will mean nothing.

How better would the world be if we just stopped fcking about killing each other and actually spent these trillions of dollars/Yen/Pounds etc on curing poverty, were people are dying every day because they don’t have any food, Or curing the countless disease and cancers millions of people have to endure every year.

I just don’t understand how we cannot just get on with each other, I mean are our difference enough of a reason to cause the extinction of the whole human race? Surly not

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by travis911

China and quality assurance in the same paragraph you slay me.

Uh, Chinese factories have as much quality as they are motivated to have.

If they think they can rip off gringo owner as soon as his minions depart, they will.

If, on the other hand, the penalty for bad quality control is a lead-flavored severance package, like it could be supplying the PLA, then quality will happen.

Not-quite-fun fact. The Chinese military does not report to the central government. It reports directly to the Communist Party.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Stealth is old news anyway, BAE Systems have developed a Radar that can detect stealth aircraft. Its just a fancy algorythm that calculates a lack of signal return to identify the stealth craft using complex mathematics that I have no hope of explaining.

Stealth is not invisibility, it means low amplitude, faint, or scrambled returns.

Power necessary for radar detection goes as R^4 power for radial distance R to target. Roughly divide that by the cross-section and set to the minimum detectable amplitude in your receiver and you get a range at which you can detect stealth.

There are certainly clever ways using multipath and perhaps even backscatter from high air or clouds and fancy algorithms. The question is "how close can I detect a target with a given cross section" --- sure you may be able to use physics and DSP to detect stealth aircraft in unusual ways, but with what range and requiring what power?

The point is that against a B-2 or F-22 which have pretty advanced standoff weapons, their radius of engaging you is probably larger than your radius of engaging them. The war planners ought to be well aware of these facts and will fight accordingly. There's also a difference between being able to detect using long-wavelength signals vs being able to track and target sufficiently accurately for weaponry.

Given current technology I would not be surprised if some people were interested in developing a loitering stealth cruise missile for attacking SAM sites. It would detect transient emissions, locate, transmit coordinates back, and attempt to attack. You might even have it change its own cross-sectional return with DSP ECM algorithms to try to intentionally be seen at a given cross-section just to gain information on enemy capabilities.

Even if that attack failed (shot down with a SAM) that location would quickly come under attack from larger forces.

edit on 1-10-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Already posted and discussed here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Their cars sucks, planes suck, tools suck, boats sucks everything they build sucks that's why they buy everything from Russia or steal an idea from someone else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join