It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Video Showing American Soldier Shot Four Times By Taliban In Gun Fight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You need to watch this video. Then, you need to thank every single member of the military (and veterans!) who you come across. I feel it's time to bring all our troops back and worry about what is happening in America.

*LANGUAGE WARNING*
www.libertynews.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
You need to watch this video. Then, you need to thank every single member of the military (and veterans!) who you come across. I feel it's time to bring all our troops back and worry about what is happening in America.

*LANGUAGE WARNING*
www.libertynews.com...

Thank them for what? Theyve done nothing for me.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

CX

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Lots of chat here about it already....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

CX.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Be! All that you can be!

That was like watching a noob playing a FPS.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I feel like the troops being sent to Afghanistan made my life worse, as opposed to making it better.....

What did they go for again...? I forgot...

I mean no disrespect, but offer no "thanks" to the troops.

Maybe if we had been like, invaded or something and they got into it with another military over the ocean on the way to bomb a US city, then maybe. But that didn't happen. We were, and still are aggressors, and wonder WHY people attack troops daily...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
all this video shows is the american trained taliban have a much better aim than the american soldiers!
it seems that this poor sap is just bumbling around shooting in the air,with no real sense where the gun fire is coming from.
me thinx he should have paid more attention to lesson 1 in army training to 'take cover!.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
if he'd played mw3 for a month he'd have more of an idea than this

noob

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
COOL! A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER RECRUITMENT VIDEO!

Absolutely reminded me of Call of Duty or any number of FPS video games! Gee I wonder why...Amazing indeed. An amazing piece of propaganda!

Just remember our government sends our sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, and fathers and mothers to fight these wars…but at last count only 2 of theirs! Wonder why that is?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I was in the Army..

Where did they even find this guy??
Was he trying to die?
And what in the world was he shooting at?

he looked like my girlfriend trying to play CoD.
Walking around aimlessly staring at the sky..

That's not how I was trained..
This isn't funny, it's not really sad.. I don't know what it is.

How about let's just stop killing each other?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

I was in the Army..

Was he trying to die?

LMAO he did look like somebody had dropped a PS3 controller..

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

NEVER MIND. not worth arguing about hate on ATS anymore.
edit on 27-9-2012 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It would be nice to see a better video than this one, if we are all supposed to see a true American hero. He looked like he had been trained by the other side. He fires his gun like he doesn't know how to shoot. He has a scope on that rifle, yet he never used it.

IF he was really trying to help others, and they were pinned down, they would be wanting him to be using his scope and killing those that would be trying to kill them. They wouldn't want some one just pointing their gun into the air and shoot like he had no good sense; every bullet counts.

IF he was trying to attract attention to himself, why didn't he fire his rocket launcher? From the way he was shooting, the people that he would have been shooting at would have been out of range and probably it would still be hard for them to realize that he was even around because his bullets were flying off into no-where land; let-alone he was wearing camo.

Let's face it, there are LOTS of American heroes in the military that I would trust to get me or others out of a jam, but he is not one of them by watching that video.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Said this on multiple forums including here - this is not a heroic soldier, he failed to use logic and professionalism in this skirmish. Long story short, he endangered himself and his squad that he wanted to come help him.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by Juggernog

NEVER MIND. not worth arguing about hate on ATS anymore.
edit on 27-9-2012 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

It was a legitimate question. What are they protecting me from, the scary Taliban? They couldnt care less about me , they just want their country back

edit on 27-9-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Geez! ATS sorry I posted this ,I thought it would be interesting what our militery go's through....I don't give a rat's a## that it does not concern you and they have done nothing for you...but it is at it is....They put our Kids over there and they are still dying!....So ya gonna rail me for Nam too... go for It.

What I have seen on ATS that a lot of people are so negative and just plain nasty!
Did you eve serve in the Military?
Once again to all the negative ,nasty people... Did you ever had family that has served in past wars?
Did you loose a relitive in a past war?
Have you ever Volunteered to help others and put out your life on the line for strangers?
Would you today help a nieghbor and put your life on the line?

I Have many times!
yep ATS is a site were you can post what you want.
But A lot of people on here ...when nthe crap hit's the fan... Oh Help me I did not mean that!
Guess what I would still help cause that is what Firefighters do.
Just show some respect for our military!

edit on 27-9-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

NO! Your military and your government are out of control and must be stopped.

NO respect should be shown to your military or the government that sends them to die for protecting drug trades and the rape of the countries natural resources.

The guy is no hero; the mindset to die for a government that created lies and fabricated reasons to start a war is just ludicrous.

The US government and its military are the biggest killers of civilians in history.

You are not fighting for freedom or to liberate countries…. You are killing hundreds and thousands of innocent people for crimes that your own government fabricated.

Look at the problem…. And that problem is a financially ruined America pretending to be the world police whilst they are the biggest terrorists on this earth and our greatest threat to world peace.

Mickierocksman

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman

NO! Your military and your government are out of control and must be stopped.

NO respect should be shown to your military or the government that sends them to die for protecting drug trades and the rape of the countries natural resources.

The guy is no hero; the mindset to die for a government that created lies and fabricated reasons to start a war is just ludicrous.

The US government and its military are the biggest killers of civilians in history.

You are not fighting for freedom or to liberate countries…. You are killing hundreds and thousands of innocent people for crimes that your own government fabricated.

Look at the problem…. And that problem is a financially ruined America pretending to be the world police whilst they are the biggest terrorists on this earth and our greatest threat to world peace.

Mickierocksman

Wow. Such hatred is un becoming of you. Every country has done the same things you accuse the US of doing. Its All governments that are to blame. Do not go blaming the little guy who is just trying to get by. You speak so passionatly about the evils of the US goverment,but how much worse would things have been if America had not help bring about a end to the cold war? A russian world government perhaps? a middle east ruled by Russia instead of able to rule themselves? China controlling all of asia? Lots of things could be much worse.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

I was in the Army..

Was he trying to die?

Yup,.
this guy is a poor rep for the US defense.
the first 20 seconds was enough for me,..
wouldnt want him on my squadron

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

*LANGUAGE WARNING*
www.libertynews.com...

How is this amazing?

We're fighting a war we shouldn't, and a soldier gets shot by an opposition he shouldn't be facing off against. People shooting people over a bogus war is amazing to you?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join