It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To be is not to pretend to be.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I heartily agree with you, you dived deep and yet resurfaced with the pearls and shared them. Thanks, very complete.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
this is from another thread I'd started in the 2012 forum called 2012 The Rise of Humor!?!!! which I don't know just seemed like it would make an enjoyable and appropriate addition to this thread since it's all about authenticity, which in my books requires that you must have the capacity to laugh at yourself willingly, even in a perplexed way to the degree that we don't REALLY know just who and what we are, only that we might very well be starring in some sort of grave comedy, but one with a happy ending (we pray), and then there it is, the humor of understanding on the other side of an inauthentic personality - liberating us to become, at the very least authentically inauthentic, and that's better than complete pretend, as a starting point. There's a joke there, and if you can't recognize it, nor allow it to be in part a joke at your own prior inauthentic self's expense, then indeed the joke is on you, but more frighteningly still if that weren't enough (thus ensuring it's absolute hilarity at some future point), you can't see it, because it's in the blindspot of your own ego and subjective filtering ie: what is false and unreal (pretendingly only). What we're really talking about then is the light of life, and the evolution and involution of conscious human experience, to the point God willing, of becoming like a precious pearl in formation fit to adorn as a point of attraction the very gate of the city of the Lord God Almighty who isn't without a sense of humor and irony, himself.. yes.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by apushforenlightment
I think I will answer the post with this video. It seem fitting;

OMG! How fitting!

That was genius.

Yes.

And it's ok if the joke's on us, on me, you, because once we DO get it, then why that's the space of all new possibility, including the possibility to be our truest and most authentic self as we are, even if sometimes, a fool that's just the risk we have to take, to really live.

It's the one who can't get the joke,
no matter how hard they may try,
for whom these tears, I would cry..

edit on 27-9-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

What if someone was a truly harmful person and they wanted to express themselves in a way that hurt others, would you still be promoting honesty?

Well firstly I am not promoting honesty the whole thread in summary is "to be or not to be", Plenty of times people have been thrown to the lions "which hurts" but that does not touch upon the subject of being.
What you are saying and talking about is how to take certain circumstances or how to react to them in accordance with you belief system. That is something that each of us are all currently working on and can easily enter a very delicate subject, as each person is functioning from a particular spot. My standpoint is that is something each one of us would be better to ponder, but hey if you don't want to that is ok with me also. At some point or other you going to have to deal with what you have served up as it will return from within or without.
peace

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

yes I find it highly suited to this thread! well done and a much needed aspect. That laughter that wells up from deep inside yourself and completely destroys any kind of logical approach to the truth, With the ability to throw you on the floor.like this one does from seriousness to ........enjoy.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder
reply to post by NewAgeMan

yes I find it highly suited to this thread! well done and a much needed aspect. That laughter that wells up from deep inside yourself and completely destroys any kind of logical approach to the truth, With the ability to throw you on the floor.like this one does from seriousness to ........enjoy.

That was awesome! Now I've got to run it over to my 2012 humor thread, I guess to let our future selves know that the end is the beginning, and well just to make sure that nobody misses it, not that there's anything fundamentally WRONG if they do..

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

What a wonderful life affirming thread this has turned out to be. Enjoyed the video very much, thank you for sharing.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

yes thanks to all of you for making it a great experience, I really appreciate this especially in this moment. here is another one to let your hair down.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
bump thread (is that allowed?)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder

Recently I watched the film anonymous about Shakespeare which plays with the idea that Shakespeare was not who we thought he was. In other words someone had to pretend to be him, for his play and words to reach the people and the world. Not wanting to question whether this idea is true or not, it still brings me back to one of his main ideas. This idea was presented in the form of a question and it is clear this question was a spiritual one.

www.nosweatshakespeare.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">source

To be, or not to be: that is the question: Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;

As always these words are forever meaningful, but at certain moments those words are sharpened by the events that we suffer as individual and as a race. In every media we can see a lot of turmoil, which is only a reflection of what is happening in each country. We are all pointing our fingers at this and that but the truth of the matter is we are surrounded by pretenders. We are trained to be pretenders, so we can pretend and follow all the laws that the original pretenders have laid down for us and for themselves. Well perhaps not all of us, nor are we all total pretenders, none the less it is becoming more and more obvious that we are living in a false reality. A bit like a theatre play, but one that the story line gets updated by each and every one of us.
So it could be that our whole society is sick and that sickness has been brought on by pretence. Fundamentally that is a mental and spiritual issue.
To be what we are and not to pretend what we are not. To be truthful not deceitful, are we daring enough to take that next step or steps. To be is the only way forward for us and strangely enough that beingness is always right behind us, where it always has been. Only it is us that have turned our back on it.
Shall we change that?

Yes Shakespear i think said the whole worlds a stage in which we are all actors. The mask we wear in life is not our original one. Its manufactured and fitted when young then refined through life. The mask is a tool it allows us to carry out the role associated with it. What is real. Everything, all our interactions in life is real. So what are we pretending? We are pretending where more clever, more understanding, more better looking, more magestic, more insightful than the others around us?

As an exampe, If a person has a face book page and claims to be a Divine truther are they pretending or fake when they talk about love, and understanding eachothers divinity? Are they genuine or just acting? I think the order is this

1. They want attention
2. They want worship
3. The want resolution
4. They want money

I put money last because i dont think its the primary motivator. So what are they faking on these points?

edit on 28-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I am going to ask you, if someone were real and not wearing a mask, how would you know them?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Funny enough real bad actors will have an advantage here. Their mask for one reason or another is not very well refined and as the saying goes it doesnt take a good actor to spot a bad one. Im not saying that the bad actors will always be nice trustworthy people behind their mask, im just saying you will be able to judge more accurately when something they are saying is not their true intent.

That didnt fully answer your question. What is real? If a lion has its jaws around your leg you know that is real. Real is the effect of forces acting on you. You ability to assess those forces and deal withthem appropriately is the only real thing of concern.
edit on 28-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

That is a handy response, but we are not talking about lions, we are talking about persons claiming to be esoteric persons of knowledge, so again, could you answer my question?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

in this case you need to get up close to them, so your dealing with them in one on one interaction. The formalities are then dispensed with and you in an informal situation just two people communicating. Then you question them, and listened to their answers. If you are able to be in their physical presence even better because you can read their body language. The ones who try and maintain a distance, or an aloofness and resist one one interactions are generally fakes. Real people will never fear one one interactions. By default that makes most new age peoples claiming divine rights or possessing ascended powers in the highly suspect fakes category. if you meet one of these peope on Ats and they opennly admit who they are and are willing to communicate on their beliefs in the threads forums, then these people are not fakes, they are as close to genuine you ever will get.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Changed. Perhaps your right
We will have to ask the OP.
2nd
edit on 28-9-2012 by Iamschist because: said to much

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Its just my opinion. There are alternatives to everything. As a rule of thumb i never argue with a womans point of view. Therefore lets just call it a draw of alternative opinions.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

unfortunately the masquerade ball is reality .

so find the best mask you can ...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Was meant to inform, not as an argument. Don't understand what difference it makes that I am a woman, so you cannot disagree with me, doesn't stop anyone else
I took it you were interested in finding real 'ones'. It is of no consequence and I changed it to a more popular view. Blessings

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I seem to have easy time gettting into arguments with woman than men and must of subsconsioulsy used the argument descriptor. I havent had much interactions with real gurus, im at just as loss as you to know where to find a real one. I guess you can try facebook although why does my logic tell me real one would never use a public forum.

Is Tortuga in Mexico?

edit on 29-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Have you seen "Pirates of the Caribbean"? That is where Tortuga comes from, it means turtle islands, and it was where they went to find ships and crew, and errrr pirate fun. Is kind of tongue and cheek. I am not looking for a guru, I thought you were, lol. I know how to tell a real one and tried to share with you, didn't work so well. I should not have tried to tell you. "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear". Buddhist Proverb quotes

thinkexist.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I havent seen the movie although i can visualize the Carribbean and Pirates, after all isnt a Pirates life Fun! In the movies they are at least. I wasnt looking for a guru. I thought i had run into one once but the more i learned about her the more i realised she was just as human as me and not holding any special knowledge. Just another of lifes laymen, hence im on Ats. What do you think are the essential qualities of a teacher?
Im from Australian no Pirates down here its just a country populated with ansestors who were convicts of the crowne.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join