It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepper-sprayed UC Davis students awarded $1 mln

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

College students and alumni that were injured when a police officer at the University of California, Davis, discharged military-grade pepper-spray in their face during a peaceful protest last year will split a settlement of roughly $1,000,000.
Source

Al least a bit justice is served...
edit on 27.9.2012 by grobi77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hope the guy got sacked over it too.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
In 18 months you'll be hearing a story about the Govt. appealing the case and all those students having to pay back what they got....PLUS lawyer fees.

Govt. never loses. It's a tactic to 'stimulate' the economy....without the Govt. actually using money.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
Hope the guy got sacked over it too.

At least a can of the same substance in his ugly snout.
On the other hand, I wonder who's going to foot the bill. Ow.... well, we already know that. The boneheaded bastard will be pushed away to another precinct, and be awarded a medal & some cash bonus for "services done to his beloved country"

I wish him a slow, painful death...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Already posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Lt. John Pike, the officer who injured the protesters during a peaceful demonstration that was caught on tape and took the Internet by storm, was placed on paid administrative leave for several months after the November 18, 2011 sit-in on the Davis campus. Student and alumni had gathered at the school to protest rising tuition fees.
The internal affairs investigation alone into Lt. Pike’s actions cost the university $230,256.73, the Bee reports.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Have you seen the whole video? The guard asked them to disperse, very calmly. He walked by and told each and every one of them he would have to pepper spray them if they didn't disperse. All of them said yes they understood that they would get sprayed. He sprayed them.

Shoot I'll get pepper sprayed for $30 grand too!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Okay, thanks.
Couldn't find it through ATS search

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Have you seen the whole video? The guard asked them to disperse, very calmly. He walked by and told each and every one of them he would have to pepper spray them if they didn't disperse. All of them said yes they understood that they would get sprayed. He sprayed them.

Shoot I'll get pepper sprayed for $30 grand too!

I didn't know that, however, perhaps rather than making threats and then having to carry them out to save face when his requests were ignored (and maybe the students didn't believe he would really do it) maybe he should have thought ahead a little and tried something else first.

new topics

top topics

join