It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish Air Force Red Flag Training

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Hi there, I was wondering if the Spanish Air Force pilots operating in air-ground training exercises called Red Flag at Nellis MilitaryOperations Area, and around Groom Lake range.

I don't know exactly what is the Spanish Air Force Squadron are involved in these simulated air exercises, which are all wings? I think that if they participate like many other flying squadrons of several countries, but, what is the function of these exercises performed by Spanish Air Force pilots in Red Flag exercises?

Where makes this exercises, over Nellis AFB base or NTTR?
edit on 27-9-2012 by rayktheon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rayktheon

Red Flag aircraft are mostly but not exclusively based at Nellis AFB. Sometimes the planes use McCarran. I've photographed Marine F-18s landing at McCarran. Some planes will use their home base. All Red Flag activity takes place over the NTTR. For more information, see
www.lazygranch.com...

I have a link on that page to the book Sierra Hotel, but it apparently has changed. You can download the book for free here:
www.afhso.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-100929-043.pdf
It is also available in hard copy. The book covers the history of Red Flag.

The Spanish Air Force has flown their EF-18s in Red Flag. You can google the rest. Better yet, use this search engine:
www.duckduckgo.com
Search for EF-18 red flag

You'd have to do the research, but my understanding is the Spanish EF-18 is just a regular F-18. In the USAF, designations starting with E refer to planes with "electronic" capabilities, such as the EA-18 Growler radar jammer plane. But the "E" designation may not have the same meaning for the Spanish Air Force.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yeah, Spanish Air Force participated in Red Flag at year 2007, was operating the 12 Wing (in spanish: "Ala 12") based on Torrejón Air Base, along with the Aerial refueling Group-47 and the EADA Special Operations Group of the Spanish Air Force.

Here a few pictures of the Spanish Air Force, (Wing 12) Red Flag 2007.

i132.photobucket.com...
i132.photobucket.com...
i132.photobucket.com...
i132.photobucket.com...
i132.photobucket.com...

I don't know if any of you will have more photographs of the Spanish Air Force over Nellis AFB and Coyote Summit. Spanish Air Force Only participated in 2007 in the Red Flag?

new topics

join