It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Hypocrisy.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I am an American, and I agree with what The OP is conveying. America as a nation has a nasty habit of sticking it's nose in the affairs of other nations. Most times it is not to help these nations as the news would have you believe, but for money making purposes and tightening it's own grip of power on the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

Thats a more understandable response, and youre right, America is a empire...a failing one..which makes it more dangerous not only to the world, but to its own people it would propose to protect.

Right now America is broken and Im not certain that it can be fixed at least in my lifetime. These are fun times we live in.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by Sinny

Well, after reading this OP, I sure as heck am happy to be Canadian...

Not saying your facts aren't straight Sinny but there are always two sides to a coin. Two to tango...

Oh...and please do put some armored suit or sumtin'...I feel you're gonna need it...

Indeed, isn't the path this thread is taking most intriguing?

I'm currently searching for my suit of armour, whilst I reply to the 3 PM's I just received from American support, whilst they shudder from this public thread.. It's quite a reflection on the confidence Americans have to come out and say their piece, aye?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by Hefficide

The facts?

The facts are its NOT Britain who want him in court. Its the US abusing the Extradition treaty AGAIN as they have since its inception.

If he were stuck in an Embassy in America, our poor boy would be dead all ready from a "tragic gas leak" or summin.

Besides, as bad as Britain is, they still didn't nuke a few hundred thousand Japs.

edit on 27-9-2012 by Sinny because: Corrected stats

really?? i was born in 1952, and somehow i'm suppose to feel guilty about the atom bombs dropped on japan in1945? do YOU really want to be judged by all the tragedy done by britian before you were born?
besides, i'm all for assange having the freedom to say what he wants, so long as what he says does not get other humans harmed.
it's not the people of iran...it's their leaders
it's not the people of north korea...it's their leaders
it's not the people of china...it's their leaders
it's not the people of britian...it's their leaders
it's not the people of israel...it's their leaders
it's not the people of the US...it's their leaders
do you see a pattern here?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Hey JimmyX,

Who's asked you to feel guilty? It wasn't me.
edit on 27-9-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
redacted. nvm.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

If one thing can be said for certain, it's that the US politics is hypocritical. There is no denying it. However, I would tend to state that most if not every politician is hypocritical. They wouldn't ever get elected if they were speaking the truth (at least not legally). People like to hear pretty things...beautiful promises of heavenly life here on earth...but the truth is far uglier than average joe would like to hear. Why is the US perhaps worst of all ? Because it's the cradle of capitalism. The social context which allowed for corporations to take control, and subsequently politicians turned in to capitalist lap dogs. And now they are spreading their filthy tentacles all over the world...

The US doesn't matter anymore...the Gov can not decide anymore not to fight some war. They have to ask for permission first. Permission will be denied. War makes great economy for the few involved from the background, not for you and me though...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

You have zeroed in on the point I was waiting to make!

Had this thread been titled "US Government HYPOCRISY" I would honestly have nodded, possibly opened it and read it, and maybe contributed a little to it.

But it doesn't. It says "US HYPOCRISY". And just as Sinny would do if anyone went after her kit and kin, I felt a need to defend my own interests and those of my loved ones.

The people of American are just as varied as any other culture, and have just as many good eggs as rotten ones. We are just one slice of a global pie. And we take a LOT of heat because our government happens to have the biggest guns around right now and uses them for corporate interests ( as do all industrial and military nations ).

I'm not defending the American government. But I am defending Americans and our culture.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Another hate thread I see.... lovely.

Your very first line was a knee jerk reaction.

Ohh that's brilliant advice! "Your protests have achieved nothing, why do you run for Parliament?"

Unless your replies start getting a little smarter, I shall not reply again.

1) You know nothing of my protests, so you are unable to make that claim (FYI they've been very successful)
2) Run for Parliament? I'm sorry I didn't come from riches or worthy lineage, plus, my back ground check would put me on terrorist alert. Did you know you have to have gone to the exclusive Eton College to become an MP?
3)What have you done that's so worthy? (and remember not to answer, unless its a rational point)
edit on 27-9-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

Most of your replies to me are knee jerk reactions, my hate comment still stands, your hating on people who disagree with your views, your title suggests your hating on the US and your hating on people who defend their government.

To Answer you points -

1. I can make that claim based on what you said, Anti-War & Anti-Corporation, I still see both happening.
2. You do NOT have to be from a rich background to become a politician... although it does help.
3. I've done nothing that is worthy, if you read my posts properly instead of knee-jerking you will see I said I'm lazy and accept the world I live in.

Do these answers pass your ATS rational post vetting system dear leader? or am I too stupid for you to reply to?

edit on 27-9-2012 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
How did America defeat the Indians and get to take over the continent?

Hired a couple guys to shoot and kill off the millions of Buffalo that roamed the midwest and killed the Indians off by starving them to death.

America's got the tools to do the same to the world. Don't mess with crazy....you'll die every time.

Just go ask the starving North Koreans. Boy was China mad as hell when Australia just took their entire Orange crop for the year and dumped them all in a pile in a field.

Hundreds of tons of yummy ripe oranges........China's getting starved out next.
edit on 27-9-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

The facts?

The facts are its NOT Britain who want him in court. Its the US abusing the Extradition treaty AGAIN as they have since its inception.

If he were stuck in an Embassy in America, our poor boy would be dead all ready from a "tragic gas leak" or summin.

Besides, as bad as Britain is, they still didn't nuke a few hundred thousand Japs.

There was this thing known as a "War" going on at the time. This thing was started by the Japanese in a move to expand their Empire. See also "Rape of Nanking" and "Bataan Death March" before casting moralistic stones.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Comp just crashed, but now I'm back

Actually, this thread is solely aimed at the Government hypocrisy.

As you gave me the heads up for the spelling error in the title, it was due to the fact I originally named it US "Hypocracy" - a word play on Democracy, but I couldn't be bothered to explain it to people who didn't get it, so I reverted back.

I guess, my intention was lost within the name change.

Although I still canny see the confusion, when all points I have highlighted are aimed and born from the Government.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

The facts?

There was this thing known as a "War" going on at the time. This thing was started by the Japanese in a move to expand their Empire. See also "Rape of Nanking" and "Bataan Death March" before casting moralistic stones.

Ohh, so it would be acceptable if Afghanistan dropped a nuke on the USA now? Alls fair in love and war after all... right? o_O

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I still deem your replies as stoopid, as you accuse me of hate.

Surely I would know if I felt such an emotion?

Ahh no, of course not, you know me better than I know my self

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
How did America defeat the Indians and get to take over the continent?

Hired a couple guys to shoot and kill off the millions of Buffalo that roamed the midwest and killed the Indians off by starving them to death.

America's got the tools to do the same to the world. Don't mess with crazy....you'll die every time.

Just go ask the starving North Koreans. Boy was China mad as hell when Australia just took their entire Orange crop for the year and dumped them all in a pile in a field.

Hundreds of tons of yummy ripe oranges........China's getting starved out next.
edit on 27-9-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

Don't mess with crazy - that is pretty accurate, sadly. The Mayflower bunch we didn't send over in reality. The truth is that they chose to leave the UK because, in their eyes, there was far too much religious tolerance going on over here. They wished to establish their own colony where they could, basically, be as bigotted as they want!

Before i get flamed, that isn't an attack on modern America, more a recognition of the original British nutters that went there.

As to the British Empire, do people actually study history anymore? Do people actually realise why the British Empire was so successful? It was because it was basically a rehashed version of the Roman and Carthiginian (Phoenecian) Empires of ancient times, based on religious tolerance and economic trade (rather than imposing will by force). That is why most former empire countries choose to remain tied to the Commonwealth. I realise that may not sit too comfortably with some on here but all i can suggest is actually look into it, rather than just some dodgy posts on the interweb thingy.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
We all want the fairytale world portrayed in the bedtime stories our parents read to us. The reality is that there are really bad people in the world and every single human on the planet has their own sense of right and wrong. It is the human condition and will never be different. Every country has committed wrongs against the human race. Even Switzerland while decrying neutrality during WWII was working for Hitler making bombs that killed no telling how many. They even shot down an American plane that was flying over Switzerland. At least America started out with good intentions of bringing freedom to the world. Unintended consequences are a harsh reality though.
edit on 27-9-2012 by jimmiec because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

The facts?

Ohh, so it would be acceptable if Afghanistan dropped a nuke on the USA now? Alls fair in love and war after all... right? o_O

Ah, moral equivalency. So would you be fine with the Nazis bombing New York since the US bombed Berlin?

There are good guys and bad guys. The Japanese Empire started a war or conquest, with rape and murder at every turn. So did the Nazis. The US and her allies stopped them. Do you not agree that stopping hte Nazis was a good thing?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Well.

Can't say that I agree with. . . . er. . . . um. . . . . well.

Actually, this may shock many, but I agree with Sinny.

America should either go big, or go home. We have been wishy-washy for decades. We fight in the middle east, yet try to win hearts and minds.

We preach health and the american way from our barcolounges eating delivered food.

We used to be the ideal for freedom and democracy, now we bicker over our own amendments.

We have the potential to be great. To be awesome. To be heroes. To be giants.

(but it looks too much like hard work, so I'm going home to wait for my government check)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I thought this thread was going to be about Assange and the U.S. government's threatment of whistleblowers in general. (I was trying to type "treatment", but, hey, that works too!)

It would have been interesting to see this community's thoughts on the subject. Oh, well. I'll just check some other threads, it's in the zeitgeist today.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hello.....Hello, everybody's in a tizzy. The world is being run mostly by Jesuit's....i.e The Vatican. Until people realise this point we are all fkd. Redemption can be found every other Saturday at Ibrox stadium.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join