It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Hypocrisy.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Woah, easy there.. I don't hate anyone (let alone someone I don't know personally on ATS)

Do I dislike their opinion? Sure, of course I do.

I was just kidding! You know trying to lighten up the mood...sometimes it gets a bit heavy.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Its officially time to hit the pub, I think I've earned it

Thread vacated.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
here we go i need stars and flags guess ill make another i hate america thread lol

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by yuppa

Do you recall the IRA providing evacuation warnings to the British Police too? That they failed to act upon in order to label them "Terrorists"?

PLEASE START ANOTHER THREAD IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS IRELAND.

Well that sure was neighborly of them to call ahead. Would have been better if they would have not done it in the first place right? And you are reaching with They ignored the warnings to label the IRA as terrorist. The IRA did a fine job of that itself with no help at all. And the IRA is NOT IRELAND,but I started a new thread anyway.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So I have spent the last 12 pages reading what appears to be the tantrum of a teenager who woke up this morning and realized we live in a bad bad world. Welcome to reality!

Please tell me that you really dont believe that if the U.S. just decided to take all our very mean soldiers and destructive toys and go home, the next day unicorns, rainbows and butterflies would reign supreme and we would all live happily everafter...the end :-)

We are far from perfect, but I honestly believe the alternative would be far far worse.

P.S. former U.S. military here (Navy 81-86), in my five years service, I never encountered anyone who had killed another person, up close or from afar.

edit on 28-9-2012 by deadbang because: edit for spelling

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
here we go i need stars and flags guess ill make another i hate america thread lol

PS: Flags and stars have become worthless afaik. You can't buy more posting space or a bigger avatar. Maybe you can get access to rats(really above top secret) which afaik is not what it hints to be.

Anyway I think we have plenty of useless threads, so please don't start another one. haha yeah right(someone probably started one already)
edit on 28/9/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Assange is an egotistical douchebag. I stopped reading the second I saw you praising him and tickling his unmentionables.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder
Clearly. That's why universities almost never use books, have libraries, or have their own publishing companies. Everybody knows that books and college don't really go together.
Incorrect.. try walking on my campus.. everything you just said is ignorant.

I see you're abilities to detect sarcasm are not quite as refined as you would have us believe, huh?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Its officially time to hit the pub, I think I've earned it

Thread vacated.

Godspeed.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang
We are far from perfect, but I honestly believe the alternative would be far far worse.

I echo this sentiment.

P.S. former U.S. military here (Navy 81-86), in my five years service, I never encountered anyone who had killed another person, up close or from afar.

Lucky. I served in Iraq (First stationed @ Baghdad Airport).....not as lucky here. ....But any and all action I saw, was in defense of insurgent attacks. That included women & children firing at us, and non-Iraqi muslims dressed like police or (tried to look like) U.S soldiers.

If that's who the OP wants running the world...him and Assange are welcome to live in the middle east.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Clearly. That's why universities almost never use books, have libraries, or have their own publishing companies. Everybody knows that books and college don't really go together.
Incorrect.. try walking on my campus.. everything you just said is ignorant.

I see you're abilities to detect sarcasm are not quite as refined as you would have us believe, huh?

I apologize.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Wow, this thread has fired up a lot of people. I am not completely sure why. I am an American and all I see is hypocrisy within the government of this country and it's corrupt two party system. Americans criticize other countries all the time. I have heard it constantly since I was very young. Somehow as Americans, we feel it is our right to criticize every other country of the world and it should be expected to be seen as alright. But what I am seeing now is that someone not from America is criticizing America, and has made some great points in doing so, but is getting slammed for doing so. That kind of thinking is the perfect representation of what hypocrisy is. And many within this thread are showing in full form. Why do Americans have the right to criticize the rest of the world but when the criticism is turned toward the United States everyone gets upset? I am all for patriotism, but America isn't the same country it was decades ago. Hell, it isn't the same country it was 15 years ago. There are many threads on here that criticize the American government - many started by Americans. But a girl makes a thread from another country on here criticizing America and people get downright angry. So, if she is somehow out of line for criticizing America, why should Americans be given some kind of free pass to criticize other countries? So, if I am understanding correctly, only Americans should have the right to criticize America and anyone who isn't American doesn't have the right? That right there, is the true meaning of hypocrisy.
edit on 28-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Many Americans on this site are incapable of rational discussion when it comes to the policies of their country.

They deflect, make excuses and downright live in denial.

America acts with double standards and complete impunity because they can.

The United States is a militaristic nation and they have a culture of violence. They will try to rationalise their endless wars which only benefit a minority by blindly espousing whatever line the government gives, always backed up by the subservient media. This usually involves a serious of enemies who threaten the United States somehow.

It's always "they hate us" but never "why do they hate us?"

Never to understand, because they are permanently the United States of Amnesia.

“Happily for the busy lunatics who rule over us, we are permanently the United States of Amnesia. We learn nothing because we remember nothing.” – Gore Vidal

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
World WIDE HYPOCRACYY!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
When wars - human suffering and death - cease to be profitable only then we will know peace.
Until then, don't just blame the United States of America for profiting from the one of - if the not the oldest - profitable business in existence.
edit on 28-9-2012 by zeeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by southbeach

I've just gotten in and will have to source this a bit later ( if you request sourcing ) but, again relying upon memory, the estimate was that it would cost approximately eight million casualties, American and Japanese for a military invasion of Japan and the outlying islands. It's been awhile since I read it, but I believe that the initial foray into the southern island ( Honshu? ) was predicted to result in over a million deaths on its own.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

I, alas, to not have a masters in history, but I do read quite frequently and most of the books in my collection are advanced degree textbooks.

As stated to the poster above, as I recall, the estimate of casualties for invading Japan was predicted at somewhere in the eight million range. the Japanese navy was crushed, but they still has suicide "mini subs" lining their coastline - and they had also ordered every single remaining Japanese man, woman, and child to fight to the death.

The concept of wanting to send a message to Russia at that point in time is feasible, but I do not see it as primary. Russia was still busy divvying up their newly won lands in the west, from the smoldering remains of the Third Reich and Russia has little concern for the Japanese military threat. China, on the other hand, was very much opinionated about Japan, as the earliest engagements included the Japanese attacks on mainland China. Japanese soldiers had taken an entire province of China by abuse of a treaty that allowed Japanese military to patrol Chinese rail lines.

But, of course, as a history major, you already know this.

Did Truman want to show the world a new paradigm by exploding a "world ending weapon"? I do not know because that's a topic that relies upon speculation about the man himself. As far as I know, no such letter or document has surfaced, as of yet, to support that idea.

I do know that Nimitz, and others, did feel that an invasion of Japan would prolong the war by several years and would cost millions of lives.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

I don't see the OP blaming all the world's woes on the US. Her point is the hypocrisy of the US, which claims to stand for freedom, free speech and peace-loving intentions, and knocks other countries that don't hold to this line, but the US itself is one of the biggest offenders. Hence the post's title: US Hypocrisy.

As for who or what is responsible, sure it's greed and avarice by corporations and individuals, but these entities have control of the US government and are having it do unethical things on their account. But, again, the OP's point is: the US says one thing, yet does another. This is hypocrisy. Why tell her to go write a thread on something else? She is spot-on with her criticism. You're the person who wants to derail this thread, which is particularly unfortunate, coming from a forum moderator. Some might call that irony or even the h-word.

Your first paragraph explains your interpretation of the OP. Which is fine. You can interpret it any way you choose to. As may I. As for calling the US "one of the biggest offenders" I would simply reply with my standard, cookie cutter, true reply that it is the United Nations Security Council that bears the load of the guilt. You do realize that the current wars in the middle east are being fought by Coalition forces and not by the US military alone. Right?

Also, to say that corporations run the USA, and therefore.... Is misleading. Sorry to inform you, corporations control nearly every nation on the planet. Blaming the US is akin to blaming the biggest guy in a street fight FOR the fight itself. Just because he's good at it doesn't mean he's the only guilty party.

For the record, you took my "telling" the OP to write other threads and used it quoted out of context. The intent was to say that I'd happily agree with many subjects of controversy or note - just not with base and blind US bashing.

As for your last paragraph? Ad hom attacks are really losing their effect as readers are becoming increasingly aware of them. Time to up your game.

~Heff
edit on 9/28/12 by Hefficide because: typo and clarity

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective

I echo this sentiment.

Lucky. I served in Iraq (First stationed @ Baghdad Airport).....not as lucky here. ....But any and all action I saw, was in defense of insurgent attacks. That included women & children firing at us, and non-Iraqi muslims dressed like police or (tried to look like) U.S soldiers.

If that's who the OP wants running the world...him and Assange are welcome to live in the middle east.

Well...maybe we shouldn't let them run the world...but since they are shooting at us and clearly don't want us there...perhaps we ought to consider just letting them run their own country, huh?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Saying one thing and do another, and not practicing what you preach, seems to be a hallmark not only of all governments; but just human nature in general...

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join