It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When a Kid what did you dream of being when your grew up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I dreamt of of being a technician. I kind of got there im an Engineer. As a kid what did you dream of doing as a career compared to what you actually do now as adult.
edit on 27-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I wanted to be a dinosaur (age four), now I'm a human reading threads about folks who thought we lived with dinosaurs... IF only.

Not much of a job market for Dinosaurs these days.

edit on 27-9-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I wanted to be a garbage man, hanging onto the back of the garbage truck.

I dreamed big, unfortunately most of them don't come true.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I wanted to be either a construction worker or an astronaut. However, I became a computer programmer.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I used to want to do that too haha.. Looked fun.

I aalso wanted to be a panther with a laser gun.

By the age of 4-5 I wanted to be an "Army Man" I joined the Army in 2006, and then was discharged in... 2006...

Now I am living the life as an "unemployed poor guy"

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Brace yourselves kiddies...When I was a little girl,
I wanted to be a drummer in a rock band!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Alien hunter. only evil ones, like giant bugs or dinosaur aliens etc..
scoping out anything malevolent and not earthbound, like predator.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I wanted to be a national geo photographer..or fashion photographer..

I am a portrait photographer today and run my own biz..but that is a far cry from nat'l geo

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
i just wanted to be free to do what i wanted.
i woke up one day at the tender age of 12,and realized that the life that was manufactured for me
was nothing but a big bucket of crap,filled with unachievable goals,and unrealistic expectations.
i am still on my path of living free,armed with the truth about this make believe reality.
depression isn't a syndrome,its a tool!
depressed people are more in touch with reality

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Astronaut
of course

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
i think it should be obvious,
captain of a intergalactic dimensional spaceship living in a star trek type of future. nasa killed that dream with there bs

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I was going to be the Drummer for Led Zeppelin...BUT Ill take what I have i'm still a drummer maybe not for L.Z. But still mission accomplished! ('
')

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I didnt dream I'd be grown up...so I never gave it much thought nor did I dream about it. I didn't think I'd live that long truthfully.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I can't remember dreaming of being anything. I mean, I considered various careers and how I would like them, but I never really took to anything. I used to tell people that I wanted to be a 'doctor' or 'lawyer' or 'teacher' - basically, just vague things so that they'd leave me alone about it. Mostly, I just wanted to be outside working with plants and animals, or reading or writing or singing or drawing. I have never been able to narrow down "what I want to do". So, I just do whatever I feel like I should do.

So far, I've been a plant geneticist, a caregiver, a psychiatric nurse, website consultant, and am currently a web developer and also have a small creative business (art, craftwork, textiles) on the side that I work on in my spare time when I'm not working in my multiple gardens. My ultimate goal is to be a farmer so that I can work at home all the time, so this is what I am saving my money for.

For someone who just kind of floats through life, I feel like I've accomplished a lot.

Mostly, though, I just want to be happy and confident when I grow up. I think I'm getting close to that, though I'm not sure I'll ever actually grow up. I'm too dorky for that.

edit on 9/27/12 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

You can still do it. Just start building a portfolio of natural work - landscapes, people who are not posed, inner workings of machinery, etc. You can make a name for yourself aside from the humdrum portraits. Definitely look into submitting photos to all types of magazines. I really think that you could work your way up to National Geographic if you put your mind to it.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I wanted to be the drummer for the rock group KISS !! I dressed up like Peter Criss every holloween for I don't know how many years !!!! But I ended up a Mechanic "sigh"

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Being a singer....haha You may just see me on X Factor 2013, been trying to get to try out for the last two years and never get the money to get there. Obviously I haven't given up and I won't until my body is cold.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Brace yourselves kiddies...When I was a little girl,
I wanted to be a drummer in a rock band!

I bet that was because of Paula Abdul right?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Left alone.

Even my parents relate to me that is all I ever asked for or wanted from when I could crawl. Always going off away from others to do what I wanted to do.

Shame it'll never happen. "Society" isnt structured in a way that permits people to be left alone. Sooner or later men with guns come looking to take what you have and order you to behave a certain way. At which point your choices are reduced to prison or death.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hands down.....ballerina.....no scheiss....I mean, of all the cliche jobs for a little girl to dream of, yes.....it was my dream, my life, my passion, my every waking moment, it was not some willy nilly twirl in a tutu pretty princess little girl nonsense... I envisioned myself as an adult, I wanted to be athletic, strong, graceful, like the women i saw in the ballet books i'd check out in the library......it was what first inspired me to love all things russian, it was so much more to me than getting up on a stage an performing for people, it was me expressing my true nature.

I begged consistently for lessons from the age of four up until 12...nothing mattered to me more....

But paying that monthly ballet school fee and being "inconvenienced" to drive me to lessons certainly mattered to my parents more.

End of story on that one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join